Sign in to follow this  
tony@CIC

Motorbikes and Scooters on Golf courses

My course tested one out but they had no desire to.pursue them. I guess the weight limit put a real damper on their interest.

Maybe we wil see Rickie Fowlet riding pne on the course with his shirt un-tucked. 

• Like 1

Maybe we wil see Rickie Fowlet riding pne on the course with his shirt un-tucked. 

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We got to ride them at Lake Nona on Monday - they don’t go any faster than a golf cart, and I honestly can’t see them being a danger to the ground - not any more than a golf cart would be. They don’t have much speed or starting torque - you really can’t “peel out,” so to speak. A Harley, it ain’t

But they are fun. They won’t turn a normal person into an idiot. And they won’t keep an idiot from being one.

I remain firmly convinced, however, that the answer to pace of play issues is not vehicular in nature.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Idiots will be idiots, there’s no getting away from them.

I was thinking about two wheeled transports on the course and started thinking about courses that are hilly or have lots of mounds or moguls. The weight of the bag along with simple kickstand will not hold that combo up.

And riders trying to navigate those hills and side slopes will not be a pretty picture either.

Best we stick with four wheels.

I would still like to try it though. After all, I’m smarter than the average bear

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

What it lacks in stature, at a fraction of the cost, this means of conveyance works just fine for me.

post-68431-0-84648300-1498075734_thumb.jpg

The background...

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/20077-your-golf-rig/

$2000 bag of clubs, $50 mini bike. What could go wrong? 

All in all though, your reasoning behind it is sound.

Edited by GB13
  • Like 1

I think the FINNCycle is cool, but in the real world it may have limited applications.Our membership is mostly 50+,  with a lot of septuagenerians, and this would not be a widespread option. Also, I have to imagine insurance to have these at a course would be a lot more costly than for an EZ Go cart. 

31 minutes ago, GB13 said:

$2000 bag of clubs, $50 mini bike. What could go wrong? 

All in all though, your reasoning behind it is sound.

Hahahaha! Yeah - it’s probably only a matter of time before I properly crash this thing (even though I _never_ hotdog it). And if my insurance providers ever catch wind of this setup it’s going to be a nightmarish actuarial table overlay.

• Haha 1