Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Recycled Balls

fixyurdivot

Anyone found a good source for used, like new balls?   While looking at some other golf items on Amazon I came across a number of the "recycled" balls.  Many use a grading system AAA, AAAA, etc., but I'm not sure how consistent or accurate that is?  Just found golfballsdirect.com and rockbottomgolf.com, and there looks to be a handful of online sources like them.  Appreciate any intel you have on the used ball market.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Anyone found a good source for used, like new balls?   While looking at some other golf items on Amazon I came across a number of the "recycled" balls.  Many use a grading system AAA, AAAA, etc., but I'm not sure how consistent or accurate that is?  Just found golfballsdirect.com and rockbottomgolf.com, and there looks to be a handful of online sources like them.  Appreciate any intel you have on the used ball market.

I buy AAAAA Pro v's all the time. Somewhere (maybe on MGS?) there is a test between new Pro v's and AAAAA with no discernible difference. I pay $18. for a doz at our local Walmart - lots cheaper than a doz of brand new ones..

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I buy from foundgolfballs. A lot of times they run a promotional thing were if you buy 5 dozen it’s a lot cheaper. And they offer 5a mint no logos. I would recommend that as they are just like new with no logos or pen marks. Can’t tell the difference between them and a brand new ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

This was on the forum a while back most people seemed to have good luck with Lost golf balls: 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Cool, sounds like the recycled mint or near mint path makes good sense.  I play a variety of balls, mostly found or ones I buy from a local shagger, but tend to use Taylormade, Titleist, and Bridgestone the most - paying little attention to the various models within each name brand. I seem to recall seeing a thread about "fitting balls" to ones game, but I cannot find it?  If anyone knows of one, please provide the link.  

Update: Found it, but not really focused on fitting a ball to ones swing/game.

It has been several years, but I placed an order with golfballnut.  I think I got a dozen high grade ProV1s and 4 dozen of the lower grade ProV1s for practice.  I am pretty sure they were practice grade.

When I got them, I couldn't tell the difference besides some logos or markings on the practice balls.  I ended up playing them as gamers and they lasted me forever.  I'm not sure if this is a tactic they use where they upgrade the balls on your first order to hook you as a loyal customer, but I don't know of too many stories where someone was thoroughly disappointed with the condition of the balls when they arrived.  The ones mentioned here so far seem to be bigger suppliers.  I would say if you stick with them, you should be safe.  

I assume you aren't that picky, seeing as you are considering this in the first place, so why not order a couple lower grades when you try them out.  You will save some money and the lower grades might not be too different from the 5A's.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

I ordered practice grade pro v1 at some silly cost like £6/dozen as one of the practice ranges I use you need to hit your own balls and then go pick them up. Apart from the fact that they came not cleaned like normal balls, and have PRACTICE on them they were in MINT condition. 

To the point that I actually play them when conditions are crap and I don’t have to worry about losing a new ball cause the ground is frozen and you’ll bounce 50 feet in a random direction 🙂 It’s quite liberating!

57 minutes ago, puttingpirate said:

I ordered practice grade pro v1 at some silly cost like £6/dozen as one of the practice ranges I use you need to hit your own balls and then go pick them up. Apart from the fact that they came not cleaned like normal balls, and have PRACTICE on them they were in MINT condition. 

To the point that I actually play them when conditions are crap and I don’t have to worry about losing a new ball cause the ground is frozen and you’ll bounce 50 feet in a random direction 🙂 It’s quite liberating!

Aren't most balls designated as practice the same as range balls and have limited distance?  In either case, I could never get my head around seeing "practice" on my golf balls.  

Aren't most balls designated as practice the same as range balls and have limited distance?  In either case, I could never get my head around seeing "practice" on my golf balls.  

I am pretty sure that practice balls are the same as the regular version except they failed quality control.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I am pretty sure that practice balls are the same as the regular version except they failed quality control.

Well hell, another plausible excuse while at the range goes out the window.   I think rather than buying any x-out or practice labeled balls, I'll look for the near mint used.  A few of the sites noted above have some great pricing - even with shipping cost.

So fellow MGS's, does this on-line ball fitting/selector match what you play?

https://www.globalgolf.com/golf-balls/selector/

Based on my responses, it suggests; Pro V1x, Wilson Fifty Elite, Taylormade Project S, Callaway Chromesoft, and Srixon Z-star.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:59 AM, fixyurdivot said:

No, the prov/chrome soft etc... practice balls are same as the normal ones, some just have graphics issues.

20 hours ago, cnosil said:

Those are X-Outs not practice. You can see the folks from Titleist confirm that: https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/team-titleist/f/golf-balls/11095/what-is-the-true-difference-between-a-pro-v1-and-pro-v1-practice

I probably didn’t state it well but the QC failure is related to paint or a blemish basically a cosmetic related QC issue. X-outs are not conforming but practice balls are conforming and the word

Practice is treated like a logo.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I saw it mentioned but I use LostGolfBalls.com

You can buy balls that look brand new, 5A Mint, for less than half the cost of new. Don't lose much in performance either. The only exception is maybe some discoloration or ink marks but that is it.

They also run 5-10% discounts all the time. Example, code PB10 gets you 10% off right now thru the Pebble Beach Tournament.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I'll add another for lostgolfballs.com. Bought ProV1's, Truvis and others from there with their AAAAA grade and couldn't tell they didn't come out of a box brand new.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Archived