Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Francisco Molinari Wins Arnold Palmer Invitational - WITB

Golfspy_CG2

Francesco Molinari WITB – Arnold Palmer Invitational

Below is the WITB info for Francesco Molinari, who won at Bay Hill in his first start as a Callaway staffer. After the round, Molinari said, “My first week as a Callaway player, so happy to see that the switch I made wasn’t as crazy as some people thought. I know the clubs are good for me and I showed it this week.” He also said that it was “probably the best putting round of my career” after finishing his final round 64.

Francesco Molinari WITB – Arnold Palmer Invitational

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver (9*) – Fuji Ventus 6X Shaft

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Fairway Wood (13.5*) – Fuji Ventus 7X Shaft

Callaway Apex Hybrid (20*) – UST Mamiya Shaft

Callaway Apex Pro 19 Irons (4-iron) - True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X 100 Shaft

Callaway Apex MB 18 Irons (5-PW) – True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X 100 Shaft

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Wedges (50*, 56*, 60*) – True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X 100 Shafts

Odyssey Toulon Madison Stroke Lab Putter

A Chrome Soft X Golf Ball 

Molinari has had a strong week with the driver, and her currently leads the field in Strokes Gained off the Tee, and 5th in driving accuracy (76.4%) and he hit 12 of 14 fairways today. He’s said of his driver that he likes the consistently high ball speeds that he gets, along with the forgiveness. His Epic Flash Sub Zero features our innovative Flash Face Technology, which was created using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, to promote faster ball speeds. Callaway continues to have the most PGA Tour driver wins of any brand and the most worldwide Tour wins of any driver brand so far in 2019.  

After his round on Thursday, Molinari said, “For me it’s been very easy (transitioning into Callaway equipment). The new ball has been really good, the irons (have been) fantastic…I drove the ball beautifully today, so yeah pretty smooth.” Francesco is playing a Chrome Soft X Golf Ball and he’s said that he’s been particularly been impressed with the performance of the ball. He also used the ball and an Apex Pro 4-iron to make an ace on Thursday.

As for his putter, Francesco says that he likes how the Stroke Lab shaft helps him make a smooth, consistent stroke. Right now he’s 4th in the field in Strokes Gained Putting and is a remarkable +3.174 in Strokes Gained Putting on Sunday. Odyssey continues to be #1 in worldwide putter wins and #1 in worldwide putter usage this year.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Granted the first week as a staffer isn’t true but in reality he has had Callaway in the bag for several months. 

3 wins in 12 starts it’s not the gear as much as it’s his swing

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Archived