Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

West Texas

jnak97

• 1 month later...

Comments are based on summer playing conditions.

The city owned muni (midland) is somewhat goatish but cheap. 36 holes

Nueva Vista - semi goatish. good greens sorta

Ratliff Ranch (odessa) is good generally speaking. Not a good walking course IMO as it's fairly spread out. good greens. 20 minutes

Rockwind in Hobbs is a great course and worth your drive. 1.5 hours

Gaines County golf course - Seminole Tx. - a west texas staple. 18 holes. great greens and a fun design. 1 hour

Andrews County Club (in Andrews and open to public) is a good course and is an area staple. great greens 30 minutes

Abilene, Tx. Diamondback. Killer golf course. Public. owned - designed by Masters Champ and resident Charles Coody. 2 hours

Rawls in Lubbock. Tom Doak design. Great course. 2 hours

Ranchland GC, Midland CC, Greentree CC, Odessa CC. These are all good courses but private. Playing with a member can be pricey.

Not sure where you're from jnak97 but W. Texas golf is probably much different from what you're used too. The courses are generally flat and play hard and fast.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

4 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Comments are based on summer playing conditions.

The city owned muni (midland) is somewhat goatish but cheap. 36 holes

Nueva Vista - semi goatish. good greens sorta

Ratliff Ranch (odessa) is good generally speaking. Not a good walking course IMO as it's fairly spread out. good greens. 20 minutes

Rockwind in Hobbs is a great course and worth your drive. 1.5 hours

Gaines County golf course - Seminole Tx. - a west texas staple. 18 holes. great greens and a fun design. 1 hour

Andrews County Club (in Andrews and open to public) is a good course and is an area staple. great greens 30 minutes

Abilene, Tx. Diamondback. Killer golf course. Public. owned - designed by Masters Champ and resident Charles Coody. 2 hours

Rawls in Lubbock. Tom Doak design. Great course. 2 hours

Ranchland GC, Midland CC, Greentree CC, Odessa CC. These are all good courses but private. Playing with a member can be pricey.

Not sure where you're from jnak97 but W. Texas golf is probably much different from what you're used too. The courses are generally flat and play hard and fast.

"Rockwind in Hobbs is a great course and worth your drive. 1.5 hours"

Played there last fall season and I agree, that was a cool little place to play. Intrickit green complexes, that were also on the small side. And surrounding runoff slopes on certain sides of the greens which you best stay on the correct side of.......I was overall impressed with that muni.

Edited by Trial&Error

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestions everybody! I'll definitely have to check these places out in the coming months as they start to re-open. Feel free to PM me if any of you need playing partners!