2020 U.S. Women's Open Preview

Our Sponsors

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not going to lie, I was pulling for her for a number of reasons, first and foremost coming from NDSU, which plays football in the FCS Division--well they don't play football there, they dominate it th

Given the scores, this Ladies Open wasn't a cakewalk. My hats off to all the players that made it though the weather and course conditions. 

I give Amy credit for holding it together and ending up in 2nd pl. - it had to be a major shock for her to hear about her FIL. She'll be back in the game. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I’m looking forward to this tournament, but I don’t really like that it’s being played on two courses. US opens are difficult enough let alone having to learn two courses in those conditions. It’s great the men are on a break so the ladies get some more attention. I will be rooting for Minjee (as always) to win her first major. I was also happy to see Hee Jong Lim in the field. I watched some of the KLPGA on YouTube, and I like her game.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

4 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

I’m looking forward to this tournament, but I don’t really like that it’s being played on two courses. US opens are difficult enough let alone having to learn two courses in those conditions. It’s great the men are on a break so the ladies get some more attention. I will be rooting for Minjee (as always) to win her first major. I was also happy to see Hee Jong Lim in the field. I watched some of the KLPGA on YouTube, and I like her game.

I agree with you as regards to the two courses. It couldn't be helped though because you couldn't ge 156 players around one course in December before darkness.

• Like 1

Not much attention here on the forum for the 2020 Women's U.S. Open.  Nobody picking winners like a PGA event, let alone a major championship.  Why is that?  Apparently, the USGA promotion...  #WomenWorthWatching just doesn't stir up excitement for women's golf in December.

Who came up with #WomenWorthWatching?  I understand it's mission of achieving gender equity and it has to be supported by PGA pros, but does it have a negative connotation for all other women in the world?

My pick is Yealimi Noh who had a great chance to win last week.  I think she is a new face for U.S. women's golf, similar to Morikawa for the PGA tour.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I would have to go with Danielle Kang.  She has been playing well and due to win a major.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Why does Golf Channel refer to this major as the U.S. Women's Open, but it was the AIG Women's British Open?

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 hours ago, cnosil said:

I would have to go with Danielle Kang.  She has been playing well and due to win a major.  

I'm rooting for her or Gerina Piller.

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Not much attention here on the forum for the 2020 Women's U.S. Open.  Nobody picking winners like a PGA event, let alone a major championship.  Why is that?  Apparently, the USGA promotion...  #WomenWorthWatching just doesn't stir up excitement for women's golf in December.

Who came up with #WomenWorthWatching?  I understand it's mission of achieving gender equity and it has to be supported by PGA pros, but does it have a negative connotation for all other women in the world?

My pick is Yealimi Noh who had a great chance to win last week.  I think she is a new face for U.S. women's golf, similar to Morikawa for the PGA tour.

Yea, I'm not so skookum on that either.  Sometimes I just feel things/initiatives are simply overplayed at times.  Personally, I love watching the LPGA and see as many (maybe more) of their events ae the men's tour.  The two course format for this event is pretty cool. Sounds like weather is going to turn sour and the later tee times are in for some added challenge in club selections.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Unlike the PGA tour, I don't have LPGA favorites (or villains). But I'll watch because I know I should be trying to emulate the tempo & swings of the LPGA pros, and NOT the PGA guys. My distances are in the same ballpark as LPGA pros, not at all near the average PGA players much less the monster hitters...

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

I will be pulling for the amateur Papp. The field needs to falter above her to have a shot. 

Edited by pulledabill
  • Like 2

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I missed this thread catching up now. Looks like bad weather today.
The amateurs are hanging in there.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

26 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I missed this thread catching up now. Looks like bad weather today.
The amateurs are hanging in there.

Yup.  Looks like even moving the tee times earlier could not outrun Mom Nature. Plus, presuming they can restart tomorrow, conditions will be marginal and might affect the current trend line for some players at the top.  Dang.  I was looking forward to hanging out and watching today.

U.S. Women's Open 2020

• Like 3

Looking forward to watching the coverage tomorrow;  I guess that is a benefit of working from home. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was hoping Lexi would have a better showing . With a +5, her brother may be back on the bag.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I was hoping Lexi would have a better showing . With a +5, her brother may be back on the bag.

Bryson's caddie is maybe thinking he should have taken the vacation instead of looping for Lexi.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Bryson's caddie is maybe thinking he should have taken the vacation instead of looping for Lexi.

I thought that was an odd choice - but what do I know. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'm always hoping for a strong showing from the American players... particularly at a US Open event.  There are a few that might be able to chase down Shibuno.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm always hoping for a strong showing from the American players... particularly at a US Open event.  There are a few that might be able to chase down Shibuno.

Amy Olsen still has a chance - but the grief of her FIL's passing will certainly have an effect. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

21 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Amy Olsen still has a chance - but the grief of her FIL's passing will certainly have an effect. 

Just saw that news clip.  Hopefully it will inspire her to win it for him but no doubt she must be playing with a heavy heart.

• Like 1