Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shorter shaft 5 wood

Herts JoaTMoN

Is there a more modern f6 baffler type club around other than the Callaway super hybrid (which isn't available in the UK)?

Through trial an error I've figured that the perfect 5 wood length for me is between 41.5" and 42". However I also like a slightly upright lie. As such, when I shorten a normal fairway wood, not only do i have to mess about with rubber tungsten tip weights and lead tape to get the swing weight, I also have a flatter lie than I'd like.

I have the f6 baffler on my shortlist, and that's about all I can see in the shorter fairway category in the UK. With shipping and import tax, the Super Hybrid is out of my budget (I'm always looking to max my value for money, or recoup my spend if i don't get on with a new (to me) club...).

I could go with a hybrid, but i like the confidence of a bigger head in clubs over 40".

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...

I'm playing an Adams Super XTD Hybrid at 17 degrees for this very reason. Playing at 41.25. Oversized hybrid. Very fairway-esque and an absolute bomber. Its the Callaway Super Hybrid before the Callaway Super Hybrid.

How about Wishon clubs? There are numerous fitters in the UK. The EQ1-NX line is especially customizable as it has weighting options to play from 42-40 and comes at 60 degrees stock lie, which is quite upright, and can be bent in 2 degrees either way. Some of his other woods can be bent up to 4 degrees. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

1 hour ago, scooterhd2 said:

I'm playing an Adams Super XTD Hybrid at 17 degrees for this very reason. Playing at 41.25. Oversized hybrid. Very fairway-esque and an absolute bomber. Its the Callaway Super Hybrid before the Callaway Super Hybrid.

How about Wishon clubs? There are numerous fitters in the UK. The EQ1-NX line is especially customizable as it has weighting options to play from 42-40 and comes at 60 degrees stock lie, which is quite upright, and can be bent in 2 degrees either way. Some of his other woods can be bent up to 4 degrees. 

Not thought about WIshon, good shout.

I have an XTD Ti 4 hybrid which i love

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...