Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Gulf Shores next week?

appletonjim

Looks like the cold is going to break just in time.  We'll be down there Feb 22-Mar 2nd.  And then up to Hot Springs Village 4th - 9th.

Put together a list of courses for GS.  Any I should be sure to play / avoid?

Thx

Jim

Gulf Shores Golf Club, 520 Clubhouse Drive, 520 Clubhouse Dr, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, $45 to $65 ,   20 minutes from condo
Craft Farms, 3840 Cotton Creek Cir, Gulf Shores, AL 36542     $40 to $75,  20 minutes
Craft Farms Cypress Bend,  3840 Cotton Creek Cir, Gulf Shores, AL 36542     $45 to $75,  20 minutes
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club, 20 Peninsula Blvd., Gulf Shores, AL 36542, 251-968-8009,   $59 to $79 , 30 minutes  Palmer design 3 courses
Lost Key Golf Club625 Lost Key Dr, Pensacola, FL 32507,  $65 or $50 after 1,  10 minutes
Soldiers Creek Golf Club28341 Preserve Trail, Elberta, AL 36530,   $50 to $45 after 1,  40 minutes
Perdido Bay Golf Club, 1 Doug Ford Drive, Pensacola, FL 32507, $60, $50 at 11, $37 at 1, 15 minutes
Kiva Dunes Golf Club, 815 Plantation Rd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542,  $84 to $75 at 12  40 minutes

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

I go down to Gulf Shores maybe 1-2 times a year. 

Kiva is a must. Challenging course with the wind off the ocean. Fun track. Not much rough to work with at all. You might get a visit from the local alligator on 18. 

Craft Farms has 2 courses: Cypress Bend is more resort style (wide fairways) and Cotton Creek is a little more challenging. I’ve played Cotton Creek and really enjoyed it.

Peninsula has 3 - 9 holes courses. I haven’t played here, but heard it’s worth it.

I am going to play Kiva, Peninsula, and Craft Farms in April with a group. I’d suggest those if you have time. I honestly haven’t heard much about the others. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the recommendations.  Based on schedule and some iffy weather (50's and some rainy days) I only got to play once and did the Craft Farms Cyprus.  It was my first time out since October.  That is a pretty nice track. Big practice range which I definitely needed to shake some of the rust off.  There is some water (2x on the front and 1x on the back but amazingly was able to grab all three) and I would like another crack at the greens. I misread too much break fairly consistently - some of which were unfortunately on the comebackers.  Hacked it a bit with a 46 on the front but wasn't too displeased with the 40 on the back considering the above mentioned water balls.

Also did get to spend some time at the Flora-Bama so managed to have some fun...

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line