Titliest Surefit adapter

So I have a bad slice, went to where I purchased my driver to try to get it more dialed in. It’s the TSi3, I had it set on A3, thinking that was the best correction for a slice. The gentleman at the store adjusted it to B4, the monitor said I was hitting it straighter on the sim. So can someone help me interpret what the best setting for a slice is. Their chart is here 

https://www.titleist.com/fitting/golf-club-fitting/surefit

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The chart is pretty straightforward. It tells you what the most draw setting is with A3. Lofting up as in B4 closes the face a little which helps with a slice but the flatter lie angle could potential

People react differently to how clubs are setup. There are Multiple settings on the club that you are asking about. Whether it seems right or not, were the results better with the fitter suggested s

For some reason OEMs don’t like to advertise how lowering and raising loft changes face angle.    General rule of thumb to remember is going down in loft opens the face and going up in loft clo

Posted Images

The chart is pretty straightforward. It tells you what the most draw setting is with A3. Lofting up as in B4 closes the face a little which helps with a slice but the flatter lie angle could potentially move your start line further right. So more loft closing the face and a flatter lie angle could potentially mitigate a pull-slice

Did you ask the fitter why he chose B3? You really need to communicate and ask questions to the salesperson or fitter helping you so you can understand why they’re making certain adjustments. 

• Like 6

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
3 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The chart is pretty straightforward. It tells you what the most draw setting is with A3. Lofting up as in B4 closes the face a little which helps with a slice but the flatter lie angle could potentially move your start line further right. So more loft closing the face and a flatter lie angle could potentially mitigate a pull-slice

Did you ask the fitter why he chose B3? You really need to communicate and ask questions to the salesperson or fitter helping you so you can understand why they’re making certain adjustments. 

I did and he said because it closes the face 2 degrees, which made sense but I didn’t see the degrees closing on the site 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

5 minutes ago, Brian A said:

I did and he said because it closes the face 2 degrees, which made sense but I didn’t see the degrees closing on the site 

For some reason OEMs don’t like to advertise how lowering and raising loft changes face angle. 

General rule of thumb to remember is going down in loft opens the face and going up in loft closes the face. 

Did he say why he put you in the flat setting?

• Like 4

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
Just now, jlukes said:

For some reason OEMs don’t like to advertise how lowering and raising loft changes face angle. 

General rule of thumb to remember is going down in loft opens the face and going up in loft closes the face. 

Did he say why he put you in the flat setting?

He did not mention the flatter part. I just thought I knew the chart and why I question it here because I know this group knows a lot more 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

My miss is a hook, and I hit big draws. When I was fit for my Titleist, I was also set to B4. Interesting that this can be a fix for both slice and hook.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

I've heard, lowering loft increased spin which wouldn't be helpful for a slice. I'm currently playing B2 with an overpronated L hand helping to correct my slice

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS3 Tensei Av Raw White 65s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

9 hours ago, Micah T said:

@Brian A which is your ball flight?
IMG_2752.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

A combo of C and F. C if it’s good, F but starts out straighter then turns right a lot harder.

I know I have an outside in swing path 

• Like 1

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

So my stock swing is B; I used to hit a lot of dead-left pulls. De-lofting my driver opened the face, and made my pull(shape B ) into more of a C shape, a pull-cut/fade. Learning as much as I can about my swing has helped. For me, I have a path issue; it just tends to be about 4-6 degrees left. Combined with my odd ability to make the face match the path no matter what direction I swing, lessons/practice are the real solution for me, not equipment tinkering. So I practice straightening my path and game my driver with the face open to keep it playable. If you have access to a launch monitor I would try a few different settings and see which gives you a repeatable shape, and definitely try those settings outside as well.

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

I’m not sure why he would put you in the flatter option to correct a slice, I tend to hook the ball and I’m in the flat profile to open the face slightly while increasing the loft since I tend to hit my driver very low.

Have you gone out and hit it since he made the adjustments?

If your ball flight was more of a pull slice then a closed club face could make that even worse...maybe he opened it up slightly to give you more of a controllable fade.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

44 minutes ago, PankaGolf said:

Driver settings won’t fix a slice. Lessons and understanding why will. 

yours kindly 

a former slicer. 

I agree with Pankagolf....a swing path slice can't properly be eliminated with club adjustments.  If it was an open club face at impact then you can adjust that out.  Look up some drills on swing plane.  It helped me a bunch, I went from an over the top fader/slicer 5yrs ago to barely being able to hit a fade when I try to now.

Golf without a cigar has not been a good use of time.

Hi Brian,

I agree with PanGolf. I personally play the Titleist driver since they have the surefit system. Best thing to do for you is to try to correct your swing path toward an inside out one and draw the ball or correct your slice (D path explained before). Concerning you setting, one thing sure is that if your flight is at a correct height at neutral adjustment (A1), you would be better to put at A2 instead of A3 to try to correct the slice, since increasing the loft increase the spin, so increase your slice. If you don't correct your swing path, your best bet is to go with a draw biais driver like the Ping SFT or the TaylorMade Sim Max D that are really effective. I hope that this will help you.

Unless you have a very flat swing plane, the A3 setting that you had your adapter set at SHOULD have resulted in more of a right-to-left (or center-to-left) shot pattern than the B4 setting.  This is due to the significantly more-upright lie angle that the A3 setting will give you.  Your results with it set to B4 are more than a bit baffling to me (I am a Professional Clubfitter, with more than 32 years experience)

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

Agree with everyone on lessons.  I’ve gone to Golftec for lessons and planning on going again. Just still not good.

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Unless you have a very flat swing plane, the A3 setting that you had your adapter set at SHOULD have resulted in more of a right-to-left (or center-to-left) shot pattern than the B4 setting.  This is due to the significantly more-upright lie angle that the A3 setting will give you.  Your results with it set to B4 are more than a bit baffling to me (I am a Professional Clubfitter, with more than 32 years experience)

This is why I lm here because I was confused.

also I have steep attack angle if that matters

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Agree with everyone on lessons.  I’ve gone to Golftec for lessons and planning on going again. Just still not good.
This is why I lm here because I was confused.

also I have steep attack angle if that matters

It definitely does; spin loft number is one to pay attention to. You hitting down on the ball with a driver is creating more spin, which isn’t helping your slice.

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

21 minutes ago, Micah T said:

It definitely does; spin loft number is one to pay attention to. You hitting down on the ball with a driver is creating more spin, which isn’t helping your slice.

The gentleman fitting me said I was getting 7 iron spin numbers with driver 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA