Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Club fitting in the DC area?

MTK005

Hi all -- doing research as I finally prepare to replace my 20-ish old irons. I know I should get fit instead of making assumptions on my own, so I'm looking for feedback/input/experiences with fitters in my area. I've read here and elsewhere generally that GolfTec and Club Champion are decent and TrueSpec is the best, but there's not a TS anywhere near here. I've also seen other places in the area, but in general I know nothing about any of these places and don't have any friends or family who've gone through a local fitting.

For a little extra context -- I'm not very good so I'm definitely more in the market for a game improvement iron (think T300, Sim2 Max, Mavrik, or 921s). I've already replaced my woods (without a fitting, I know, I know) and am hitting my Sim2 Max woods well, but I know that doesn't always convey across club types. 

Anyone with any experience with fitters here willing to share recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Driver/3W/5W/Hybrid 4: default_taylormade-small.jpg Sim2 Max
Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg Stealth 4-PW
Wedges: default_cleveland-small.jpg RTX 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg EXO Rossie
Ball: vice_logo_black.png.ae6da00a616e86536345ea3a7e43e42e.png Pro Soft

Being you are on the border of md/dc you have lots of options. Depends on how far you want to drive and if you want indoor, outdoor on grass or mats, or hitting from a bay to an outdoor range. 

Club champion in Rockville or VA are good. 1757, Westfield’s and Golfdom in VA. Golf doctor in dc. Nighthawk in Crofton MD. 

With club champion you will be indoors and have the ability to go stock/no upcharge options or wide open if budget isn’t an issue. The rest of the places except maybe golf scott are going to have only what the manufacturer offers

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, MTK005 said:

Awesome, thanks @RickyBobby_PR! Club Champion sounds like it might be the best option.

Just be warned about Club Champion, they will try to upsell you shafts, heads etc.  I have used them before and I tell them I am not planning on buying the upgraded shafts, so maybe tell them you want stock shafts.  I will say however, they are very good, and you will love the experience!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

That’s good advice, thank you. I’ll do my research on shafts before I go. I already know which grips and stuff I prefer. 

Driver/3W/5W/Hybrid 4: default_taylormade-small.jpg Sim2 Max
Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg Stealth 4-PW
Wedges: default_cleveland-small.jpg RTX 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg EXO Rossie
Ball: vice_logo_black.png.ae6da00a616e86536345ea3a7e43e42e.png Pro Soft

@MTK005 have you looked into SwingFit? They are about 80 miles from DC in West Virginia, but they seem quite knowledgeable and have a really informative YouTube channel that is worth checking out. I don't know if you watch the Tour Experience Golf (TXG) YouTube channel, but one of SwingFit's staff (I think it was SwingFit's owner John who does all the SwingFit YouTube videos) messaged in during TXG's weekly live Q&A this past Monday and the guys at TXG shouted SwingFit out as a being a quality club fitter.  

SwingFit messages in to TXG's Weekly Monday Live Q&A 
SwingFit YouTube channel 
SwingFit website 

Mizuno ST-200 9.5 Atmos Red 5R | Titleist TS2 4W 16.5 Kura Kage 55 R | Titleist 917F2 7W 21.0 
Taylormade Rescue Dual 4 hybrid 22 R | Mizuno FliHi 5 Project X LZ 5.0 
Mizuno JPX 921 HM 6-GW Nippon NS PRO 950GH neo 
Cleveland CBX2 54 TT DG 115 W | Ping Glide 3.0 58 PING Z-Z115 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide | Snell MTB Black, Maxfli Tour