Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SwingWing Training Aid - {OFFICIAL THREAD}

• SPY VIP

Just wanted to take a second to post something all the spies received the other day:

SwingWing Training Aid:

In a nutshell, the SwingWing is a wind-resistance trainer, not much different than some other trainers you've certainly heard of:

• Power Fan
  • Power Chute
  • Swing Kite
  • Power Blade

The unique part of the SwingWing and how it differs itself from the others is the important part:

• SwingWing does not clamp onto shaft
  • SwingWing has not plastic parts to break
  • SwingWing is easy to deflate, pack and carry anywhere - to attach to your towel hook
  • fits ANY club
  • SwingWing is ONLY $29 - very affordable
  • The SwingWing can also be used as an impact ball, between your arms

The SwingWing may best be used to warp-up, Give one a try and I look forward to your feedback

Dan

Owner

SwingWingGolf.com

swingwing-1.jpg

swingwing-2.jpg

swingwing-3.jpg

swingwing-4.jpg

swingwing-5.jpg

#TruthDigest

I've used the SwingWing for a couple weeks now, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with it. It functions just as well as any other resistance trainer I've used, but with a whole list of benefits that Golfspy X laid out above: you can use it on your own club, it won't break, it deflates so it's super portable, and it's cheap. I hadn't thought of using it as an impact ball, but I will definitely give that a try.

If you are a fan of resistance trainers, the SwingWing makes using one much simpler. If you're simply curious about trying one, it's hard to pass up for $29.

Overall, the SwingWing is a great example of someone taking an existing idea and making it much better and more affordable.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

So I have logged a little range time with the SwingWing and I thought I would share some preliminary findings.

It's small when deflated:

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

This is definitely something you can just toss in the bag and use when you need it. It inflates quickly, no blow-up kiddie pool here. The material is almost velour-like. It has a nice tactile nature to it and it feels thick enough to avoid a random tee puncture.

It's easy to use:

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

Blow it up, slip it on, and you are good to go. (There's my tagline gift to SwingWing :huh: )

Seriously though, the thing goes on and works. The weight is light enough that the driver shaft didn't bend funny during use, but there is definitely some resistance there.

I did a fun drill where I slid it up to my hands at the top of the backswing and tried to delay its slide to the head during the swing. I think that this would help increase lag, but honestly I just enjoyed the slap sound as it connected to the head of the driver. Not sure others on the range did though... :unsure:

I see myself using the SwingWing more in the future, trying out some of the other drills listed in the instructions. I know the same cannot be said for the Chi Chi Rodriguez Power Wing trainer that is somewhere in the barn...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I think you guys covered it pretty well.

Love the name - I seriously thought this was a water wing when it arrived in the mail.

swing.JPG

Warming up with the wing, it gets the job done.

I've used wind-resistance trainers with more resistance, but the swing wing provides plenty.

It's made warming up on the tee box easier/faster. And you have to love the feeling of taking your first practice swing after you take the Swing Wing off and you feel like you're swinging two times faster.

For me the benefits that I like:

It fits in my bag, and is quick to pull out, blow up and then just as quick to put away as I step onto the course.

It was a little snug slipping over my grips, but it fits on every one of my clubs and does easily slide on and off.

Longevity wise, I'm not sure how long this will last before I manage to put a hole in it, but at $29, that's not really a big concern.

This is one of those products that makes you say "why didn't I think of that."

I used this as an impact ball last night and I really liked it. In the past I've just used a balloon and I'm always afraid of popping it. This is plenty durable, so I could swing more freely. I really like how it kept my swing short...it's very hard to overswing and go past parallel with this stuck between your arms!

The two big points I go back to with this are:

1) It becomes very small when deflated, so it's no extra hassle to have it in your bag and use it every now and then. It's not like most trainers where you need to remember to bring an extra thing to the range.

2) It's $20. That's cheap.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Thanks to all the Spies that rendered thoughts about the SwingWing. A few quick thoughts as follow up. The creasing that can be seen on the SwingWing diminishes over time, especially if it is inflated fully and spends time in warm, sunny conditions. Also, I have just reordered fresh inventory, and in doing so I revised the packaging... so if you're out looking for the SwingWing at your local golf store, the packaging will most likely look as seen here.

I'll be at the PGA Show and would love to meet up with anyone interested in the SwingWing. My product will be displayed in the New Product Showcase, and I'll be hanging around at the Hornung's Golf Booth (#2133). Hornung's is a major distributor, and they have invited me to saddle up with them at the show. Finally, if you care to see the SwingWing in action, or perhaps you'd like to order one for yourself, check out my website - SwingWingGolf - 100% money back guarantee.

IMG_3500.JPG

Archived