Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Putter - Mizuno M Craft I Blue

MWL_9

I have been using a TaylorMade Spider for the last few years, but have been wanting to go back to a blade.  When I originally switched to the Spider, it really helped my putting.  I think it was partially because I was starting to learn more about technique and get better at the game and partially because of the weight. My putter before that was a Taylormade Rossa blade, which was pretty light.  

Without being 100% sure if I'd prefer the blade, I didn't want to spend $300 on a new putter.  Right before Christmas, I got lucky on eBay and purchased my new putter- Mizuno M Craft I in blue.   Brand new and came with the weight set.  I was going back and forth between getting it in black or blue.  I couldn't find one locally to try out/see in person so I took a chance on getting it in blue and I am glad I did!  I love the look of it! 

After hitting a few putts in my hallway, I love the way it feels!  I could definitely feel the difference even before I went back and forth between the two putters hitting putts.  I think I'm going with the middle weight set (8's).   The light weight set (3's) was decent, but I like the additional weight that the 8's provided.  The heavy weight set (13's) made putts feel more like a thud that I didn't like.  I'll have to get it on the course to see distance control with the different weight sets though.  The one thing I might change is the grip.  It came with a smaller, hard Mizuno black grip.  I liked the thicker, softer SuperStroke on my Spider, but I will try it out for a little before changing grips.  

I paid $155 + $15 shipping so even if I end up preferring the mallet, I can resell this and not take much of a hit, if at all.  

1995364839_MizunoMCraft1.jpg.50c2f43ada7ac3d3f42685da3e783d9e.jpg

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

I am really happy with my Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 but I’ve tried out the Mizuno M Craft V with 8 gram weights and have been impressed. The head is a little small but the the feel is nice and I like how the ball comes off the face. Not ready for a change yet but will be demo-ing this putter in the spring when the weather gets nicer. 

Edited by Dennis K

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5 degree; :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60G, 6.0 Flex

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 3W 15 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2,  3 Hybrid 18 degrees

:titelist-small: TSI 2, 4 Hybrid 21 degrees

:titelist-small: T200 5 Iron

:titleist-small: T150 6 thru PW

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM8 48 & 52; SM9 58 degrees

:titelist-small: :cameron-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5 Putter; :EVNROLL: ER5v Hatchback Putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1-2023 & :maxfli: 2023 Tour Ball 

:titleist-small: Players 4 Plus Stand Bag
Bushnell Tour V5 Rangefinder 

:Arccos: Caddie 

:SuperSpeed:  Training System 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 8:59 AM, MWL_9 said:

I got lucky on eBay and purchased my new putter- Mizuno M Craft I in blue.  

You'll pick up a shot or 2 on the competition because they'll be looking at your putter and not trying to get their line.

Mostly :taylormade-small: ITB. SIMMs, P790s...etc

Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?