Anyone try going with a lighter X stiff driver shaft?

I know ultimately I won't know for sure unless I do a fitting or just try it but I keep going back and forth with the idea of trying a lighter driver shaft. Currently I have a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow X-Stiff 65g shaft in my driver. I'm thinking about trying something around 55g in X-Stiff to see if I'll gain any distance/ball speed without sacrificing dispersion or consistency. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried something similar going down to 55g X and what their outcomes were? 

Flex has no meaning outside of shafts in the same line and weight class. 

Shafts have to functions. Weight and feel. You need to find a shaft with a weight that’s good in whatever head you have and that feels good to you. Going to the rdx blue in 65x could be that shaft because it’s the replacement for the smoke yellow and is slightly softer feeling than the smoke yellow.

A 60s in some shafts could be it too. But going lighter doesn’t necessarily equal faster.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Agree with the above sentiment. It has the potential to help with swing speed but you don’t know until you try it for your swing. I love a heavy feeling rebar like Tensei pro white 70tx but on my not best days it takes a lot to get the most out of the shaft. The AXS blue 6x is definitely lighter, I wouldn’t say I swing it faster but I can put a more effortless swing and get very similar distances and playability on the course. I think it benefits me most on the last few driving holes of my course which require three good drives to get in scoring position. 

like the above poster said, some 55x might be softer to flex than a 6s. Depends on type of shaft and the profile to whether or not it will ultimately help. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

What head do you play @Tincup_19? Hzrdus smoke yellow TX was a horrible shaft for me in my Ping G410 LST, but the blue RDX TX was far and away the best shaft for me in the cobra LTDx LS. 

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

On 3/16/2022 at 11:43 PM, Micah T said:

What head do you play @Tincup_19? Hzrdus smoke yellow TX was a horrible shaft for me in my Ping G410 LST, but the blue RDX TX was far and away the best shaft for me in the cobra LTDx LS. 

I bought the PXG 0811X back in December and took a short trip to Florida last month for a few days so I don't have a lot of time using it yet. But I did like what I saw the few rounds I got in. Just kind of want to experiment to see if I might be able to get a little more distance out of it without much sacrifice.