Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Ping G410 irons… shorter than Burner 2.0??

Hi all! 

Very first post here. So I recently got some G410 irons, I am scheduled for my fitting on Wednesday but have been playing them standard since last Thursday. Black dot, so totally standard. I am noticing they seem to be quite a bit shorter than my (over 10 years old) Burner 2.0 that I was playing prior. I looked at the lofts & the Pings tend to be about 1° stronger… I’m using S300 shafts… really confused here anyone else experience anything like this?

25 minutes ago, NickRoshelli said:

Hi all! 

Very first post here. So I recently got some G410 irons, I am scheduled for my fitting on Wednesday but have been playing them standard since last Thursday. Black dot, so totally standard. I am noticing they seem to be quite a bit shorter than my (over 10 years old) Burner 2.0 that I was playing prior. I looked at the lofts & the Pings tend to be about 1° stronger… I’m using S300 shafts… really confused here anyone else experience anything like this?

It is possible related to how the manufacturers measure their clubs,  but based on specs they should be the same length.  

https://www.2ndswing.com/taylormade/golf-irons-and-iron-sets/burner-20/

https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/irons/g410

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Can you tell where on the face of the club you are hitting the ball on the ping's vs the Burners?  My wife has G410's that I have it a few times, even though the sr graphite shaft isn't optiimized for me i have noticed the ball goes about the same distance but flies MUCH higher than with my JPX 900's with the steel Proj X LZ 6.0 shafts.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Can you tell where on the face of the club you are hitting the ball on the ping's vs the Burners?  My wife has G410's that I have it a few times, even though the sr graphite shaft isn't optiimized for me i have noticed the ball goes about the same distance but flies MUCH higher than with my JPX 900's with the steel Proj X LZ 6.0 shafts.  

I’m hitting it out the middle of the face most of the time, so that’s why I’m so confused 

What is needed is a comparison of launch monitor numbers to see what is happening. 

Launch, spin, dynamic loft, or something else may have changed in the ball flight that’s causing what you see in distance loss.

Without that comparison can’t say why you are seeing a difference in distance.

But other questions which I’m guessing you won’t have answers to other than what shaft was in the burner 2.0 would be

Whats the swingweight and overall weight of the clubs?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1