TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Thanks for the video.

It's interesting that he mentioned 2-3 times not getting "surprises" from his irons in terms of distance. This isn't an issue that you hear a lot of amateur golfers talk about much. Honestly, I can't say that I remember ever seeing it come up on forums.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Thanks for the video.

It's interesting that he mentioned 2-3 times not getting "surprises" from his irons in terms of distance. This isn't an issue that you hear a lot of amateur golfers talk about much. Honestly, I can't say that I remember ever seeing it come up on forums.

I think it's because of the era of the new grooves.

Posted Image

I kind of have a soft spot for PC. I am from Minnesota, but usually play golf in Scottsdale (until fatherhood) during the winter. One day, my dad and I were playing Grayhawk and this guy kept bombing it in the fairway, always landing about 10-15 yards behind us (where pops was hitting 3 from :D ) Anyway, he wasn't being pushy and we were not really playing that slow. He just never got close enough to us or paying enough attention to us so we could wave him through. Anyway, long story short, at the club wash after 18, I discover it was Paul Casey and another guy I believe was from the Nationwide tour at the time. He had this tiny little Nike bag. He just took it off the cart, walked over to his BMW and threw the clubs in the trunk and drove off. I thought of about 1,000 things to say to him but at the time, all that came out was 'hi Paul' and that was about it.

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

I kind of have a soft spot for PC. I am from Minnesota, but usually play golf in Scottsdale (until fatherhood) during the winter. One day, my dad and I were playing Grayhawk and this guy kept bombing it in the fairway, always landing about 10-15 yards behind us (where pops was hitting 3 from :D ) Anyway, he wasn't being pushy and we were not really playing that slow. He just never got close enough to us or paying enough attention to us so we could wave him through. Anyway, long story short, at the club wash after 18, I discover it was Paul Casey and another guy I believe was from the Nationwide tour at the time. He had this tiny little Nike bag. He just took it off the cart, walked over to his BMW and threw the clubs in the trunk and drove off. I thought of about 1,000 things to say to him but at the time, all that came out was 'hi Paul' and that was about it.

Great story. Most of us would said about the same. I probably would have busted out the ever helpful, "Nice bag".

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I think it's because of the era of the new grooves.

New, smaller grooves = more likely to get a "surprise"? Ok, I'll buy that, appreciate the thought.

That's a very cool story. I've always liked him for no real reason, just seems like a good guy.

Paul Casey, don't be fooled, is a Hulk! A work out fiend and maybe the only other player on the Tour that might be stronger or more fit than Tiger. It's the new breed of player, working out, fitness fiends.

Also, 338 yard drive, how about Paddy's 378 yard drive Sunday? He rode the wind, but what a monster shot.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Paul Casey, don't be fooled, is a Hulk! A work out fiend and maybe the only other player on the Tour that might be stronger or more fit than Tiger. It's the new breed of player, working out, fitness fiends.

Also, 338 yard drive, how about Paddy's 378 yard drive Sunday? He rode the wind, but what a monster shot.

No question that golfers need to be serious athletes these days, but I didn't realize that Casey was that high up on the fitness list. I just think of the obvious one being Camillo, and of course Tiger.

378, regardless of what the wind is doing, is 2 shots for me. That borders on criminally unfair.

Archived