Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2023 Callaway PARADYM Irons Launch

GolfSpy_APH

image.png

https://mygolfspy.com/callaway-paradym-and-paradym-x-irons/

Distance irons are obviously long, but discerning players also want an exceptionally high level of feel. So why not have both in one club? Our Paradym Shift Construction combines a Forged 455 Face with the all-new Speed Frame, giving you get the best of both. The Paradym iron is designed for golfers who are looking for a players’ distance iron with a refined shape and premium forging.

Features & Benefits

Our Most Powerful A.I. Designed Forged 455 Face Industry-leading A.I. face technology is applied to a high-strength Forged 455 face, creating our most powerful forged iron face ever. Each face is uniquely optimized for more speed, higher launch, and increased spin consistency.

Fast Ball Speed from Forged 455 Face Cup & Hollow Body with Speed Frame Construction The all-new Hollow Body design features Speed Frame construction for added stiffness to the body and support for the high-strength Forged 455 Face Cup. This unique construction is the catalyst that stabilizes a thinner face for incredibly fast ball speeds.

Exceptional Feel from a Forged Face and Patented Urethane Microspheres A forged face and patented Urethane Microspheres deliver the ultra-soft feel and premium sound that discerning players demand.

Improved Launch via Dual Tungsten Weighting Up to 67g of external and internal tungsten weights are placed precisely to enhance launch conditions and improve speed on mis-hits. This increase in forgiveness is the difference between hitting the green and coming up short.

Refined Players Shaping The Paradym iron features a players look in a forgiving package. A pre-worn leading edge is designed to cut through the turf more efficiently for even more forgiveness.

Paradym Irons
Pricing: $200.00/stick ($1400/7 piece Set)
Lofts: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, AW, 51°

Pre Order January 13 Available in Retail February 24

image.png

image.png

image.png

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I like the name but they sound a little like a repackaged Mavrik to me 🤔.  No burying the MOI feature on these; its exposed and even labeled.  It seems this theme of hanging lots of weight in the sole region is where designers are going to allow more aggressive, distance getting, lofts while keeping launch angle in the acceptable window.  This is what the PING rep explained to me about the G430's and that I must at least test them before making a choice.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to 2023 Callaway PARADYM Iron Launch

Distance irons are obviously long, but discerning players also want an exceptionally high level of feel. So why not have both in one club? Our Paradym Shift Construction combines a Forged 455 Face with the all-new Speed Frame, giving you get the best of both. The Paradym X Irons are designed for golfers who are looking for an iron that’s incredibly long with premium forged feel.

Features & Benefits

Our Most Powerful A.I. Designed Forged 455 Face Industry-leading A.I. face technology is applied to a high-strength Forged 455 face, creating our most powerful forged iron face ever. Each face is uniquely optimized for more speed, higher launch, and increased spin consistency.

Fast Ball Speeds from Forged 455 Face Cup and Hollow Body with Speed Frame Construction The all-new Hollow Body design features Speed Frame construction for added stiffness to the body and support for the high-strength Forged 455 Face Cup. This unique construction is the catalyst that stabilizes a thinner face for incredibly fast ball speeds.

Exceptional Feel from a Forged Face and Patented Urethane Microspheres A forged face and patented Urethane Microspheres deliver the ultra-soft feel and premium sound that discerning players demand.

Improved Launch via Dual Tungsten Weighting Up to 79g of external and internal tungsten weights are placed precisely to enhance launch conditions and improve speed on mis-hits. This increase in forgiveness is the difference between hitting the green and coming up short.

Refined Forgiving Shape The Paradym X iron features a thicker topline and forgiving sole. A pre-worn leading edge is designed to cut through the turf more efficiently for even more forgiveness.

Paradym X Irons
Pricing: $200.00/stick ($1400/7 piece Set)
Lofts: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, AW, 51°, 56°

Pre Order January 13 Available in Retail February 24

image.png

image.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to 2023 Callaway PARADYM Irons Launch

They're not *bad* looking by any means, but I'm just kinda "meh" on them overall. I'm sure that'll change once I see them in hand. I will say that Callaway clubs across the board always seem to flat-out perform, and I'm sure these won't be any different. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 1 month later...

I wanted to share some info, that the finish on these irons (although not technically out) seems to be chipping and wearing very quickly. That of course has no impact on performance, but the badging in the back is not holding up after just a round or two.. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 1/5/2023 at 8:35 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I like the name but they sound a little like a repackaged Mavrik to me 🤔.  No burying the MOI feature on these; its exposed and even labeled.  It seems this theme of hanging lots of weight in the sole region is where designers are going to allow more aggressive, distance getting, lofts while keeping launch angle in the acceptable window.  This is what the PING rep explained to me about the G430's and that I must at least test them before making a choice.

The new frontier, from what I am seeing, especially with Paradym and Rogue ST Pro is maintaining the distance gains all while increasing spin. I noticed that with both sets that I was able to keep spin in a good area 6500-7000 with a 7-iron, launch it a hair higher but still getting the carry gain. In the case of Paradym it was a difference of 6-9MPH ball speed VS my TCB. 121-122 vs 130. Thats after bending Paradym 2 weak from Std. I was a bit shocked actually. 

Gear junky degenerate.

Was able to hit the Paradym at a demo day with data being provided by a Trackman 4.  I really liked them at address and the feel was nice - solid but springy.  Ended up getting some very good numbers with the Hzrdus graphite (silver maybe - first shaft in that family I liked) and I put 18 out of 20 on a pretty small Trackman green.  Honestly I would have placed an order on the spot until the fitter gave me the cost - $206 per club with my preferred grip.  Probably just as well given the spelling issues would have driven me insane.  Growing up with an English professor and a newspaper editor makes it hard to live with "Paradym" and "Hzrdus" in my bag.

• 4 weeks later...

I did my first ever in person fitting (last fitting was a COVID phone fitting) yesterday and got fitted into the Paradyme's. 

I was very surprised but I hit these much better than the other 5 clubs I hit: stealth, cobra's, pings, 2 types of titelist

I went with 5-PW, regular flex shaft, .5" over on shaft length, neutral lie angle.

The PW is 42 deg so i'm gonna have to figure out my wedges, I currently bag a 50/54/58.....I'm thinking I take the 50 out and go with a 48, anybody have thoughts on this?

I was told 2-3 weeks on delivery, hopefully i get them sooner!

Driver: Callaway Paradyme Smoke Max, 9* stiff flex

5 wood: Sub 70

7 wood: Sub 70

Driving 2 iron: PXG 0311 X, reg flex steel

5-PW: Callaway Paradyme, 1/2" over, neutral lie, reg flex.

50/54/58 deg wedges: Sub 70

Putter: PXG GEN 1 Brandon, 35" shaft.

Ball: Vice Pro Zero

I recently had my first iron fitting about a week ago and got to try all different brands of clubs. Out of 8 different brands I zoned in on the Callaway Paradym. Now what I’m stuck on in making my decision is do I go with the Paradym or Paradym X. How do you determine which is the best? 

Mrs. Golf 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Golf said:

I recently had my first iron fitting about a week ago and got to try all different brands of clubs. Out of 8 different brands I zoned in on the Callaway Paradym. Now what I’m stuck on in making my decision is do I go with the Paradym or Paradym X. How do you determine which is the best? 

There are subtle differences, but did either one of them perform better or worse for you in your fitting? Maybe find a demo day near you where you can hit both side by side and it could help narrow which is better for you. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are subtle differences, but did either one of them perform better or worse for you in your fitting? Maybe find a demo day near you where you can hit both side by side and it could help narrow which is better for you. 

Thank you for the suggestion.

Mrs. Golf 

On 3/23/2023 at 11:15 AM, US_Navy_Retired said:

I did my first ever in person fitting (last fitting was a COVID phone fitting) yesterday and got fitted into the Paradyme's. 

I was very surprised but I hit these much better than the other 5 clubs I hit: stealth, cobra's, pings, 2 types of titelist

I went with 5-PW, regular flex shaft, .5" over on shaft length, neutral lie angle.

The PW is 42 deg so i'm gonna have to figure out my wedges, I currently bag a 50/54/58.....I'm thinking I take the 50 out and go with a 48, anybody have thoughts on this?

That is a very strong PW loft. I wonder if they have a 44 degree? From my experience in wedge fittings they like to gap at about 4 to 5 degrees. I have a 44 degree PW and carry a 49 GW, 54 SW and 58 LW. I also have a 60 degree I occasionally swop out with the 58. 

Play like a champion today!

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I can chime in a little as her Mr. She's hit them both side by side now, twice. Numbers wise she's really really close but the regular model is slightly better launch and spin wise for her. Really it's the flip of a coin now

On 3/23/2023 at 12:15 PM, US_Navy_Retired said:

I had this same thought about the 42° wedge. I think getting a 48°/10° bent to 47°/9° and using with my 52°/10° and 56°/12° is how I would do it.

Since you're starting w/50,54,58 I think you're on the right track simply swapping the 50 for a 48. 

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Just now, Everardo said:

I can chime in a little as her Mr. She's hit them both side by side now, twice. Numbers wise she's really really close but the regular model is slightly better launch and spin wise for her. Really it's the flip of a coin now

Sounds like the regular is the one to go with then! Awesome to have both of you on the forum as well. 

If the offset on the X isn't needed or doesn't look as good then the regular would also be them. @Mrs Golf what shaft was the one you were fit into?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 minutes ago, Mrs Golf said:

Hi Mrs. Golf, welcome to the Forum!

I recently tested both the Paradym and Paradym X.  The difference I noted was the "X" had a little longer blade, a little stronger loft, a little more offset and a little thicker top line.  Also, they were very balanced and solid at impact.  I chose to go with the Paradym over the Paradym X for the offset and topline reasons... they were more visually appealing to my eye at address.  But honestly, I really like the X.  I don't think you could go wrong with either. 

Keep us posted here on the forum how your testing goes, and if you get a new set, how you like them 🙂 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Hello Mr. to the Mrs.  🙂  Sorry, I responded before I saw your note.  I can personally vouch for the "regular" set 🙂

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Sounds like the regular is the one to go with then! Awesome to have both of you on the forum as well.

It's fun for me to watch her go through this and important to me that she picks though this process. It bugs me to see guys just pick clubs that they want or think are better for their wives. I geek out on numbers, looks, and feel for the irons but she's definitely feel first and not so much a numbers or brand geek. But it is super cool to see her big smile when she found a couple models that felt and hit just right. 

Edited by Everardo

When I saw your IG and interest in being a tester for the Callaway Paradym I saw it as a sign, lol. Obviously new clubs are an investment and being a beginner golfer I want to be confident in my choice of clubs. I love that you give members  an opportunity to test products out.

Mrs. Golf 

14 hours ago, richk9holes said:

I had this same thought about the 42° wedge. I think getting a 48°/10° bent to 47°/9° and using with my 52°/10° and 56°/12° is how I would do it.

Since you're starting w/50,54,58 I think you're on the right track simply swapping the 50 for a 48. 

Funny to see this post. I just did a comparison between my 1980 Titleist Tour Model blades and a set of 2017 TM P790s.  The takeaway was that the loft of the new clubs were all 2 clubs stronger than the old set (e.g. 1980 Titleist 4 iron (26°) 2017 TM 6 iron (26.5°) loft).  A 42° wedge is REALLY strong (TM P790 PW is 45°, old Titleist PW is 49°) which I thought would be a really weird gapping across the set (I was wondering of the 4 iron was something like 16° 😲).  But then I took a look at the set specs and saw the gaps for your clubs are 3,3,3,4,4,5; by comparison PXG 311P are 2.5,3,4,4,5,5. I honestly don't know which is better? I still think the 42 is ... weird, but I did a fitting with PXG a couple weeks back and we found that 1° weak worked best, which would also keep my PW at 45° giving me a steady 5° gap into a 50° wedge.  I could then go with a 54 or 56 and leave them, or tighten either to 55 and be consistently 5°. That 42° PW just seems really weird and REALLY strong, but can one argue with consistency in gapping? Be interesting to see what you decide to do with your wedges and how it all plays for you.

Cheers Shipmate. I hope retirement is suiting you well.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

On 3/23/2023 at 12:15 PM, US_Navy_Retired said:

Def go to a 48 or the AW in the set. It's no secret the loft packages are getting strong with the CG properties of the irons but I went to an A wedge in my TCB set and my performance is the best its been in 20 years. I don't chip with the that loft so its always a full shot club. 

Gear junky degenerate.

On 3/27/2023 at 12:43 AM, Subdiver1 said:

Funny to see this post. I just did a comparison between my 1980 Titleist Tour Model blades and a set of 2017 TM P790s.  The takeaway was that the loft of the new clubs were all 2 clubs stronger than the old set (e.g. 1980 Titleist 4 iron (26°) 2017 TM 6 iron (26.5°) loft).  A 42° wedge is REALLY strong (TM P790 PW is 45°, old Titleist PW is 49°) which I thought would be a really weird gapping across the set (I was wondering of the 4 iron was something like 16° 😲).  But then I took a look at the set specs and saw the gaps for your clubs are 3,3,3,4,4,5; by comparison PXG 311P are 2.5,3,4,4,5,5. I honestly don't know which is better? I still think the 42 is ... weird, but I did a fitting with PXG a couple weeks back and we found that 1° weak worked best, which would also keep my PW at 45° giving me a steady 5° gap into a 50° wedge.  I could then go with a 54 or 56 and leave them, or tighten either to 55 and be consistently 5°. That 42° PW just seems really weird and REALLY strong, but can one argue with consistency in gapping? Be interesting to see what you decide to do with your wedges and how it all plays for you.

Cheers Shipmate. I hope retirement is suiting you well.

Thank you very much. How do I get that Veteran banner you have?

Retirement is awesome. I retired right as COVID hit so I am currently in year 3 of taking 1 year off....haha

Driver: Callaway Paradyme Smoke Max, 9* stiff flex

5 wood: Sub 70

7 wood: Sub 70

Driving 2 iron: PXG 0311 X, reg flex steel

5-PW: Callaway Paradyme, 1/2" over, neutral lie, reg flex.

50/54/58 deg wedges: Sub 70

Putter: PXG GEN 1 Brandon, 35" shaft.

Ball: Vice Pro Zero

On 3/26/2023 at 1:05 PM, Mrs Golf said:

I got fitted for KBS Max shafts with the PXG irons but tried the stock HZRDUS shaft with the Callaway and they performed pretty good. 

I'm a little late to this thread, but I can jump in with my experience.   

Like you I hit the standard and x pretty close to the same numbers, I was fortuante that our rep provided me wiht a demo 6 iron in both with my shaft for about two weeks to demo.   In the end, I went with the X as it provided just a bit more forgivness and distance on those not so perfect contact shots.   I didn't find the offset on the X to be that much more than the standard.   

So far only one round in with them and it was a scramble, so mostl hit short irons and wedges.  But love them and looking forward to more rounds with them.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12