Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Anser Putters Answers Please

B_R_A_D_Y

There are ads everywhere. Seems like everyone is making Anser type putters nowadays. People are printing their own. I have an old Ping Anser with a speed slot that feels like I’m putting with aluminum foil … tinny sounding & no feel. So with everyone & their brother offering the exact same looking putters, what makes the best one’s better? 

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

• B_R_A_D_Y changed the title to Anser Putters Answers Please
59 minutes ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

There are ads everywhere. Seems like everyone is making Anser type putters nowadays. People are printing their own. I have an old Ping Anser with a speed slot that feels like I’m putting with aluminum foil … tinny sounding & no feel. So with everyone & their brother offering the exact same looking putters, what makes the best one’s better? 

Here’s my opinion.   The best one is the one that you can best control start line and distance.   That said, while many look the same from a general outside appearance they may be significantly different.   They may have different toe hang, weight, dimensions, hosel type, top line thickness, flange width, alignment lines, material, loft, cog, etc.    all of the factors influence how the putter looks, how you setup with the putter, how it moves through the stroke, the rate of rotation, etc.   If two manufacturers made two technically equal putters, there is really no difference or “better” putter.  Just because Scotty has a large usage  on tour doesn’t make his putter any better than another manufacturers.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Nowadays is a little off. This has been going on for decades.

The anser style works and everyone took what Ping did and made it their own. 

Materials, weighting, alignment aids, customization, inserts, milling, there’s all kinds of things each company is doing. The smaller boutique brands can get a little more creative in what they want to do because they aren’t massed produced.

To the question of what makes the best one better. There is no best one. What’s best is what works for the golfer using the putter.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

Along the lines with what others have said I'm not sure any one is better than another. Maybe one could argue the Odyssey 5K answer style is the best in terms of forgiveness, however still subjective. 

I am not a blade putter user, so harder for me to say much more than that. However with so many different ones that offer variety of faces, weighting, materials and more much like what @cnosil said; there is likely one that works better for you vs others and who knows that could even be just a visual thing. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Along the lines with what others have said I'm not sure any one is better than another. Maybe one could argue the Odyssey 5K answer style is the best in terms of forgiveness, however still subjective. 

I am not a blade putter user, so harder for me to say much more than that. However with so many different ones that offer variety of faces, weighting, materials and more much like what @cnosil said; there is likely one that works better for you vs others and who knows that could even be just a visual thing. 

I used to have a Scottsdale Tomcat putter and it was great!!!! It was almost automatic- then one of my playing partners made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I moved on

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

s***, I have a Cleveland classic one in bronze with a double milled face and it felt as good as my studio Select Laguna 1.5

I might add that the grip may play a big part in the putter also.

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

19 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Nowadays is a little off. This has been going on for decades.

The anser style works and everyone took what Ping did and made it their own. 

Materials, weighting, alignment aids, customization, inserts, milling, there’s all kinds of things each company is doing. The smaller boutique brands can get a little more creative in what they want to do because they aren’t massed produced.

To the question of what makes the best one better. There is no best one. What’s best is what works for the golfer using the putter.

Yep my thoughts exactly---- You nailed it dead in the sweet spot

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 2 months later...

I got fit for a putter. Highly recommended whatever brand or style fits your fancy.

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1, Kirkland Signature
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
3- and 4- HYBRID: Ping G30, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - U-wedge, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Ping 4.0 60 degree, Titleist 56 degree SM8
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max, 69 degree, 37 inch LA Golf shaft, 1.5 degree press grip

I use the Ping Anser as my main putter and love it. Feel is a BIG deal with putting. If it feels right it doesn’t matter what the brand is, IMO. Getting fit for a putter would probably be your best option. You don’t have to get fit for the whole bag if you don’t want to, you can just go for a putter and it’s not required to purchase one from them. This way you’ll get to know which, out of the many, putters best complement your game. Then you can pick one up through them or find your best match online. It’s a risk to buy online without knowing what you truly like/ perform best with, but worse comes to worse you can either return it or just keep adding to the collection! Good luck!!

:ping-small: G425 Max | :PXG: 3W, Hybrid, 4-PW | :taylormade-small: 52* 56* 60* | :ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser | :titleist-small: ProV1 yellow

Make golf fun, no matter your skill!

My real name is Nate if you prefer to use that!

On 4/24/2023 at 1:58 PM, thatsputtable said:

I use the Ping Anser as my main putter and love it. Feel is a BIG deal with putting. If it feels right it doesn’t matter what the brand is, IMO. Getting fit for a putter would probably be your best option. You don’t have to get fit for the whole bag if you don’t want to, you can just go for a putter and it’s not required to purchase one from them. This way you’ll get to know which, out of the many, putters best complement your game. Then you can pick one up through them or find your best match online. It’s a risk to buy online without knowing what you truly like/ perform best with, but worse comes to worse you can either return it or just keep adding to the collection! Good luck!!

I definitely need to do this, I have always felt like I would need to buy after getting fitted but at this point I just want to know what fits me the best without buying it first. My putting is the worst, need to find something that works for me cause I have zero confidence over the ball on the green lol

Driver: Big Bertha Fusion

Hybrid: Taylormade Aero Burner

Irons: JPX 921

Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter: Nike Method Matter

I definitely need to do this, I have always felt like I would need to buy after getting fitted but at this point I just want to know what fits me the best without buying it first. My putting is the worst, need to find something that works for me cause I have zero confidence over the ball on the green lol

Yea I need to do the same. I’m fairly happy where I’m at right now with my off the rack, but I’m also interested to see if I’d put myself in better position if I used a putter tailored specifically to me. If you decide to go have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G425 Max | :PXG: 3W, Hybrid, 4-PW | :taylormade-small: 52* 56* 60* | :ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser | :titleist-small: ProV1 yellow

5 minutes ago, thatsputtable said:

Yea I need to do the same. I’m fairly happy where I’m at right now with my off the rack, but I’m also interested to see if I’d put myself in better position if I used a putter tailored specifically to me. If you decide to go have fun!!

Appreciate it! Yeah I'm going to take the advice and get fitted for a putter and find exactly what I need then find it cheaper online or even offer up I use a ton lol. Thanks again!

Driver: Big Bertha Fusion

Hybrid: Taylormade Aero Burner

Irons: JPX 921

Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter: Nike Method Matter

Good luck!! Send updates!

1 hour ago, cardia10 said:

I haven't had one yet, but have my eyes on Lajosi! Their instagram makes me drool!

I LOVE finding new putter companies on Insta. It’s always a good day when that happens! 😂

On 2/6/2023 at 11:33 AM, B_R_A_D_Y said:

Not really answering your question but what type of old Anser do you have? I collect them and I'm just curious.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Univ. of Georgia Cart Bag
Driver: :nicklaus-small: ML4
Fairway: :callaway-small:X Hot Pro 3 Deep
Hyrbid: :ping-small: Rapture 18
Irons: :cleveland-small: Launcher UHX 4-PW
Wedges: :ping-small: Tour S
Putter: :ping-small: Anser

It’s not the rare one. Got it in 80s. Just a reg Anser with the sound slot. At the time I thought it was the greatest putter ever … but you can’t go back to ur youth. Don’t kno why I ever liked it. Maybe balata ball made a diff to me. 

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

1 hour ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

It’s not the rare one. Got it in 80s. Just a reg Anser with the sound slot. At the time I thought it was the greatest putter ever … but you can’t go back to ur youth. Don’t kno why I ever liked it. Maybe balata ball made a diff to me. 

You read his mind, he is trying to go back to his youth haha. He loved his that he had back then and it was stolen. Every one he has bought since hasn't felt right.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!