Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Indi Golf Wedges - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@Nunfa0 - TESTING POST

@RichL85 - TESTING POST

@BMart519 - TESTING POST

@Willie T - TESTING POST 

Yesterday was the first day of “Indi”-pendence  of the wedges.  Their first solo flight in the bag.  So how did they do?  While the overall verdict is still out, the wedges are starting to really impress.  Caveat here: greens I was hitting into have been punched, sanded and rolled in the last week.  The good:  getting solid spin in from all three (50,54,58), balls checking stopping quick; the better: man the balls are smooth coming off the face and distance control is getting more predictable; the best: cannot say until the final review goes up.  Now there has to be a “bad”, correct?  The bad: this operator is going through a steep learning curve in relation to bounce and thin grass on sandy soil, as the CBX’s play differently and they have been my to the past few years.   Shot of the day: 58 in a short side greenside bunker, 15 yds to the pin, ball up, down with some serious spin out of sand to a check stop about 4’ from the pin.  Talk about instilling confidence!!!
More to come….

Edited by Willie T

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

(This is also posted in the Irons/Wedges category, as it seemed fitting to place it in both areas)

Indi Golf Fitting

There are times when you walk into a place you’ve never been, and immediately feel like you’re home.  Or maybe you just feel like you’d like it to be your home, because of the sweet merch, the clean aesthetic, the GC Quad-connected hitting bay and putting mat in the next room – you get it. 😊

IMG_2790.jpg
(Wedge heads on display)

This past Friday, I had the chance to go down to Carlsbad, CA to visit the headquarters of Indi Golf.  Most of you know that Indi has some wedges currently in the testing phase in the forum, but as none of the testers lived locally, and as I’m only about 3 hours north, I figured on my day off I’d travel down and check them out, and see what a wedge fitting at a company who specializes in wedges (and now putters) was like.  TLDR: it was a nearly perfect experience for a golf nerd (that's me).

For background, I’m an ~11 handicap (11.1 to be exact), and I game the OG Kirkland Signature wedge set (52, 56, 60).  Shockingly, I wasn’t fitted to these wedges (see, this is hilarious because … they’re from Costco. Off the shelf from Costco.) – I know, this is a cardinal sin amongst the hardcore on this forum 😉 but a) they were a gift, and b) they were a significant upgrade from my previous wedges which I’m not even sure had grooves left when I got rid of them.  I’ve gamed the K-Sigs for the last 2 ½ years, and they’ve been great to me, in all honesty.  I still feel that for the money, they’re a pretty hard set to beat.  

Nonetheless, I was VERY excited to be able to go to a company whose specialty is wedges, and to go through a real fitting trying the various builds and grinds to find something that suited me the golfer, and not just me the mayonnaise-and-toilet-paper-buying-guy-who-also-golfs.  

Upon walking into the facility, you’re greeted with a rack of genuinely-great-looking hats, a wall of the wedge heads mounted for you to see the various lofts / grinds, the lineup of putters, some shirts, and then several Jones bags (with Indi’s name embroidered on) full of the various wedges.  It’s clean, simple, beautiful and immediately gives you a sense that the company has an eye for design.

IMG_2791.jpg
(Rack of Hats)

Zane, the fitter, was there to greet me, and shortly thereafter Rob (the CEO) came out and gave me the mini tour while I took a few photos.  (By the way, Rob did the Community Call with us a few weeks back, and if you haven’t checked it out, definitely give it a watch here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1omlnwjBej48KJCZQZM47x-zXK5vPHN9Y/view?usp=drivesdk) – it’s super fun and informative.)  From the get-go, it was clear that both Rob and Zane were, to put it simply, golf nerds like me 😊  I asked a little more about how the business started, what the plans were for the space (currently only one hitting net with a TV connected to the GC Quad, but eventually it’ll be a full hitting bay with projection screen along with couches to make it more comfortable), etc.  

IMG_2795.jpgIMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg  IMG_2794.jpg

Once the pictures were out of the way, they had me warm up with my 52-degree, hitting a few shots, seeing where the spin was, angle of attack, etc.  We segued into the 52 degree FLX head with the Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft, and then hit the ATK head (same loft), and it was immediately clear how much better for me the ATK head was.  I have a pretty steep (-7 (avg) degree) AOA (Angle of Attack for those joining the forum recently 😉), so the FLX was digging a little too much for me, and I was getting some pretty big deviations in spin.  As soon as we tried the ATK, my contact was just so much better.  It was a really amazing, tangible thing to feel the difference between the grinds, and to know that I really was better-suited to one than the other.  It felt a little like magic – with my previous wedges (which, again, weren’t fitted (obviously)), it was a case of me fitting myself to them over the last two years.  With these, they were doing the exact opposite, and the help it added was incredible and immediate.  

IMG_6561.jpg
(Hitting net for now, but soon to be replaced with a full simulator screen)

IMG_6567.jpg
(Rob, checking my numbers)

Once we got the head, we tried several different shafts (DG Spinner, DG 300, and the DG R300), and it was overwhelmingly clear the DG300 (in 120 Stiff) was the right choice.  It had the smallest deviations in spin/carry/launch, even on slight mis-hits, it was a winner.  The weight surprised me, to be honest, as my irons have always been a 105-ish range, but these felt absolutely fantastic – could be because they better match the weight of the Indi heads, but for whatever reason, it was a very easy choice.

Next we looked at the 48-degree, what they call their Super Gap.  Full-face grooves, a squared off, high(ish) toe, that really allows for some incredible flexibility.  You can go at it, full-swing, or you can go toe-down and use it for bump-and-run shots around the green - it really is incredibly versatile.  Flexible, if you will.  The FLX moniker is well-earned.  This is the only club that ended up with me in a different shaft – the DG Spinner 115g (in wedge flex).  As my set PW (in both my current gamers and the Caley 01T’s that I’m testing) is 44-degrees, it’s pretty apparent I need something between 44 and where my current next wedge sits – 52.  I did discuss with Rob and Zane the idea of going 48, 53, 58, but Rob said he prefers keeping the gaps the same from PW all the way through the last wedge, and with the numbers we were seeing, I think that’s the right choice – the 48 perfectly slots in right around the 120-125 number – my PW is just about spot on 135, and my 52 right about 112, so this was pretty great to see. 

IMG_2799.jpg
(So many incredible choices...)

Once I started getting slightly tired (read: very, very sweaty and starting to hit some hosel rockets – wouldn’t be a Samsonite fitting without at least a few of those), Zane and Rob felt like they had enough information to confidently prescribe my set-up.  So, even though I’m in love with my L.A.B. DF2.1, I was curious what a putter fitting would look like, so they moved the GC Quad over to the putting area, where instead of a hole they had a Putt-Out set up.  

IMG_6571.jpg
(Lining up with the Allison)

As Rob mentioned on the Community Call, their goal with the putters was to do something few other companies were doing.  The heads are fully aluminum, milled faces, with weights at the back edge (Jet (large mallet)) or far edges (Allison (half-moon) and Cash/Ramone (blades)) to increase forgiveness as much as possible.  As my L.A.B. is also milled aluminum, the feel was pretty much right at home, right from the get-go.  They had me roll a few with the L.A.B., to get a baseline, and after diagnosing my stroke as a slight arc (no argument here), Rob had me try the slant neck Jet, followed by a slant-neck Allison (my preferred shape).  With all three clubs (mine and the two Indi clubs), I was seeing a small “launch” of about 5 degrees, effectively popping the ball up in the air.  Zane and Rob were both set on me not changing my set-up, but as the L.A.B. has me having the ball forward-of-center, I moved the ball back about a 1/2 ball, and just like that, my launch was averaging 0.1 degree.  I then went back to my DF, and sure enough, having the ball 1/2 ball further back got the same 0.1 launch and much truer roll.  Were I in the market for a new putter, for me, the choice would be clear - the Allison, all day, every day. Everything about it promoted a better aim - the half-moon shape, the two parallel lines on the back of the head, the milled aluminum face was soft but consistent - it’s a really fantastic putter. 

IMG_2800.jpg
(Talking golf with two VERY smart people)

Once all the swings were swung, measurements taken, and data crunched, I got to hang around a little and pick Rob’s brain - about where he started, where he’s been, how he got started Indi, and briefly where he’s going.  While he wouldn’t take the bait about whether or not they’ve got a full set of irons in the works (I had to ask - it’s my JOB to ask questions I know won’t get answered!), it’s abundantly clear that he’s passionate about making golf more fun and accessible for the average golfer.  It’s why his first design was the non-conforming boxed-groove wedges - who doesn’t want to watch their wedge shot rip back towards the pin after landing on the green?  It’s the same reason they developed the putters - they saw a market for something other companies weren’t doing yet, and dived in, creating something beautiful and functional, and ultimately, designed to help golfers perform better.

I’ll be putting a set of Indi wedges into play shortly after this is posted - a 48-degree FLX Super Gap (with Dynamic Gold 115g Spinner), and then 52/56/60-degree in the ATK with DG Gold 300 120g Stiff.  I really cannot wait to see what these do to push my approach game to the next level - I’ve gotten so confident on the greens with the DF over the last year, that I’ve been actively trying to give myself more and better opportunities to make putts.  Given what I saw in the hitting bay, these felt like a no-brainer addition to my bag, and I cannot wait to get them into play (hopefully this Friday, if the shipment arrives when it’s expected to).  

IMG_2802.jpg
(They're pretty, pretty pieces of metal)

I’ll be keeping you updated along the journey, and am considering myself an honorary tester of the Indi wedges along with the other members.  

I.  Cannot. Wait.  

Thanks again to Rob and Zane for having me down, and to Jamie (@golfspy_APH) for thinking this was a good idea in the first place 😉

IMG_6576.jpg
(Zane, the fitter)

IMG_2803.jpg
(Rob Lang, the President and Founder of Indi Golf)

Excellent read….thanks @GolfSpy SAM!  Felt like we were hanging out with you. 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Loved the post!!

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - PW

Wedges: :ping-small: S159 - 50deg, 54deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

2024 Tester - :ping-small: S159 wedges. See my review here:

4 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

(This is also posted in the Irons/Wedges category, as it seemed fitting to place it in both areas)

Indi Golf Fitting

There are times when you walk into a place you’ve never been, and immediately feel like you’re home.  Or maybe you just feel like you’d like it to be your home, because of the sweet merch, the clean aesthetic, the GC Quad-connected hitting bay and putting mat in the next room – you get it. 😊

IMG_2790.jpg
(Wedge heads on display)

This past Friday, I had the chance to go down to Carlsbad, CA to visit the headquarters of Indi Golf.  Most of you know that Indi has some wedges currently in the testing phase in the forum, but as none of the testers lived locally, and as I’m only about 3 hours north, I figured on my day off I’d travel down and check them out, and see what a wedge fitting at a company who specializes in wedges (and now putters) was like.  TLDR: it was a nearly perfect experience for a golf nerd (that's me).

For background, I’m an ~11 handicap (11.1 to be exact), and I game the OG Kirkland Signature wedge set (52, 56, 60).  Shockingly, I wasn’t fitted to these wedges (see, this is hilarious because … they’re from Costco. Off the shelf from Costco.) – I know, this is a cardinal sin amongst the hardcore on this forum 😉 but a) they were a gift, and b) they were a significant upgrade from my previous wedges which I’m not even sure had grooves left when I got rid of them.  I’ve gamed the K-Sigs for the last 2 ½ years, and they’ve been great to me, in all honesty.  I still feel that for the money, they’re a pretty hard set to beat.  

Nonetheless, I was VERY excited to be able to go to a company whose specialty is wedges, and to go through a real fitting trying the various builds and grinds to find something that suited me the golfer, and not just me the mayonnaise-and-toilet-paper-buying-guy-who-also-golfs.  

Upon walking into the facility, you’re greeted with a rack of genuinely-great-looking hats, a wall of the wedge heads mounted for you to see the various lofts / grinds, the lineup of putters, some shirts, and then several Jones bags (with Indi’s name embroidered on) full of the various wedges.  It’s clean, simple, beautiful and immediately gives you a sense that the company has an eye for design.

IMG_2791.jpg
(Rack of Hats)

Zane, the fitter, was there to greet me, and shortly thereafter Rob (the CEO) came out and gave me the mini tour while I took a few photos.  (By the way, Rob did the Community Call with us a few weeks back, and if you haven’t checked it out, definitely give it a watch here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1omlnwjBej48KJCZQZM47x-zXK5vPHN9Y/view?usp=drivesdk) – it’s super fun and informative.)  From the get-go, it was clear that both Rob and Zane were, to put it simply, golf nerds like me 😊  I asked a little more about how the business started, what the plans were for the space (currently only one hitting net with a TV connected to the GC Quad, but eventually it’ll be a full hitting bay with projection screen along with couches to make it more comfortable), etc.  

IMG_2795.jpgIMG_2796.jpg

Once the pictures were out of the way, they had me warm up with my 52-degree, hitting a few shots, seeing where the spin was, angle of attack, etc.  We segued into the 52 degree FLX head with the Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft, and then hit the ATK head (same loft), and it was immediately clear how much better for me the ATK head was.  I have a pretty steep (-7 (avg) degree) AOA (Angle of Attack for those joining the forum recently 😉), so the FLX was digging a little too much for me, and I was getting some pretty big deviations in spin.  As soon as we tried the ATK, my contact was just so much better.  It was a really amazing, tangible thing to feel the difference between the grinds, and to know that I really was better-suited to one than the other.  It felt a little like magic – with my previous wedges (which, again, weren’t fitted (obviously)), it was a case of me fitting myself to them over the last two years.  With these, they were doing the exact opposite, and the help it added was incredible and immediate.  

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

Once we got the head, we tried several different shafts (DG Spinner, DG 300, and the DG R300), and it was overwhelmingly clear the DG300 (in 120 Stiff) was the right choice.  It had the smallest deviations in spin/carry/launch, even on slight mis-hits, it was a winner.  The weight surprised me, to be honest, as my irons have always been a 105-ish range, but these felt absolutely fantastic – could be because they better match the weight of the Indi heads, but for whatever reason, it was a very easy choice.

Next we looked at the 48-degree, what they call their Super Gap.  Full-face grooves, a squared off, high(ish) toe, that really allows for some incredible flexibility.  You can go at it, full-swing, or you can go toe-down and use it for bump-and-run shots around the green - it really is incredibly versatile.  Flexible, if you will.  The FLX moniker is well-earned.  This is the only club that ended up with me in a different shaft – the DG Spinner 115g (in wedge flex).  As my set PW (in both my current gamers and the Caley 01T’s that I’m testing) is 44-degrees, it’s pretty apparent I need something between 44 and where my current next wedge sits – 52.  I did discuss with Rob and Zane the idea of going 48, 53, 58, but Rob said he prefers keeping the gaps the same from PW all the way through the last wedge, and with the numbers we were seeing, I think that’s the right choice – the 48 perfectly slots in right around the 120-125 number – my PW is just about spot on 135, and my 52 right about 112, so this was pretty great to see. 

IMG_2799.jpg

Once I started getting slightly tired (read: very, very sweaty and starting to hit some hosel rockets – wouldn’t be a Samsonite fitting without at least a few of those), Zane and Rob felt like they had enough information to confidently prescribe my set-up.  So, even though I’m in love with my L.A.B. DF2.1, I was curious what a putter fitting would look like, so they moved the GC Quad over to the putting area, where instead of a hole they had a Putt-Out set up.  

IMG_6571.jpg

As Rob mentioned on the Community Call, their goal with the putters was to do something few other companies were doing.  The heads are fully aluminum, milled faces, with weights at the back edge (Jet (large mallet)) or far edges (Allison (half-moon) and Cash/Ramone (blades)) to increase forgiveness as much as possible.  As my L.A.B. is also milled aluminum, the feel was pretty much right at home, right from the get-go.  They had me roll a few with the L.A.B., to get a baseline, and after diagnosing my stroke as a slight arc (no argument here), Rob had me try the slant neck Jet, followed by a slant-neck Allison (my preferred shape).  With all three clubs (mine and the two Indi clubs), I was seeing a small “launch” of about 5 degrees, effectively popping the ball up in the air.  Zane and Rob were both set on me not changing my set-up, but as the L.A.B. has me having the ball forward-of-center, I moved the ball back about a 1/2 ball, and just like that, my launch was averaging 0.1 degree.  I then went back to my DF, and sure enough, having the ball 1/2 ball further back got the same 0.1 launch and much truer roll.  Were I in the market for a new putter, for me, the choice would be clear - the Allison, all day, every day. Everything about it promoted a better aim - the half-moon shape, the two parallel lines on the back of the head, the milled aluminum face was soft but consistent - it’s a really fantastic putter. 

IMG_2800.jpg

Once all the swings were swung, measurements taken, and data crunched, I got to hang around a little and pick Rob’s brain - about where he started, where he’s been, how he got started Indi, and briefly where he’s going.  While he wouldn’t take the bait about whether or not they’ve got a full set of irons in the works (I had to ask - it’s my JOB to ask questions I know won’t get answered!), it’s abundantly clear that he’s passionate about making golf more fun and accessible for the average golfer.  It’s why his first design was the non-conforming boxed-groove wedges - who doesn’t want to watch their wedge shot rip back towards the pin after landing on the green?  It’s the same reason they developed the putters - they saw a market for something other companies weren’t doing yet, and dived in, creating something beautiful and functional, and ultimately, designed to help golfers perform better.

I’ll be putting a set of Indi wedges into play shortly after this is posted - a 48-degree FLX Super Gap (with Dynamic Gold 115g Spinner), and then 52/56/60-degree in the ATK with DG Gold 300 120g Stiff.  I really cannot wait to see what these do to push my approach game to the next level - I’ve gotten so confident on the greens with the DF over the last year, that I’ve been actively trying to give myself more and better opportunities to make putts.  Given what I saw in the hitting bay, these felt like a no-brainer addition to my bag, and I cannot wait to get them into play (hopefully this Friday, if the shipment arrives when it’s expected to).  

IMG_2802.jpg

I’ll be keeping you updated along the journey, and am considering myself an honorary tester of the Indi wedges along with the other members.  

I.  Cannot. Wait.  

Thanks again to Rob and Zane for having me down, and to Jamie (@golfspy_APH) for thinking this was a good idea in the first place 😉

IMG_6576.jpg
(Zane, the fitter)

IMG_2803.jpg

Awesome post! Zane is the guy I talked to and "fitted' me on the phone 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Indi Golf Fitting

IMG_2790.jpg
(Wedge heads on display)

IMG_2791.jpg
(Rack of Hats)

IMG_2795.jpgIMG_2796.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

I.  Cannot. Wait.  

IMG_6576.jpg
(Zane, the fitter)

IMG_2803.jpg

I'm not surprised, but entertaining read. Sounds like a blast and I wish they were just a little closer so I could have gone myself. 

I can't explain a real logical reason for it, but I'm liking the ATK wedge better than the FLX so far. I don't have a super steep swing, but the sole/turf interaction has been nicer with the ATK. I have no doubt you will enjoy the wedges when you receive them soon enough. 

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

7 hours ago, RichL85 said:

I can't explain a real logical reason for it, but I'm liking the ATK wedge better than the FLX so far. I don't have a super steep swing, but the sole/turf interaction has been nicer with the ATK.

Interesting you make that observation…when I look at the ATK sole I see what I am used to seeing with my Cleveland CBX’s…what I have found is that more I work with the FLX the less I think how different the soles are.

Slow start to 6 rounds of on course testing... First round was in a river valley with poor satellite coverage and could not use shot scope. 2nd round I forgot Shot Scope at home. But I did get up and down 5 times, 4x with the 56 and 1x with the 52. I play the next 4 days in a row in Montana, hopefully my data collection goes better there. 

The 60 degree is generally reminding me why I switched to a 58 to leave less shots short. I have experimented with full shots from the fairway and at a grass range and struggled with the low bounce digging if my contact isn't perfect. This is not a shot I play with my most lofted wedge regardless but wanted to see if the wider sole offset some bounce. I also got it hung up in the catchy rough on a 40 yard shot from behind the green. So it has been neutral to losing strokes thus far. 

It is phenomenal out of the sand however. Not sure I can justify keeping 1 club for greenside sand shots which don't occur every round. The 56 is FLX-ible enough to open a fair bit around the green from the rough to get loft under the ball. Having 5 wedges really limits options at the top end of the bag where I like to keep a driving iron along with my hybrids as I am directionally challenged and often play in the wind on firm conditions. The 56 is going to need a trial in the bunkers to see if it can fit that need and make the 60 redundant. 

Edited by BMart519

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

No impressive updates so far this week, just solid all around testing with the Indi wedges. I've left the PXG wedges at home the last few times to the practice area and haven't missed them. I've been biased towards the 58 out of the practice bunker, but that's due to the position of the bunker requiring the ball to get up quickly and then not having much space to run after landing. I am planning to take the wedges to the nearby Par 3 course on Friday. 4 out of the 9 holes are perfect full wedge distances, so I'm hoping to see some spin on these full shots.

I did end up extending the PXG wedges by 1/2" and cutting a little off each Indi wedge to match the length progression of my irons along with putting new MCC+4 midsizes on everything. The fewer variables I have to think about, the better I can make this test. If I had to make a decision based on what I've seen so far, I'd say the 58 ATK is likely earning a spot in the bag, the 50 and 54 FLX are still locked in a battle. @BMart519 mentioned it earlier, but the Indi wedges do sit very slightly more closed to my eye compared to the PXG. Both sets have the full face grooves, so it's not a matter of missing the vertical alignment aspect. Just an interesting observation.

Edited by RichL85

I couldn't help after watching the video of Matt with his Caley set and now the Indi post that he may get the year end award for Funniest Forum Member? Sorry @Yellow Ball

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I couldn't help after watching the video of Matt with his Caley set and now the Indi post that he may get the year end award for Funniest Forum Member? Sorry @Yellow Ball

Matt's really brought his A game when it comes to his video game. The sequence where he's peeling the plastic off the irons was both satisfying and hilarious!

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Indi Golf Wedges - 2023 Forum Review
On 8/17/2023 at 4:21 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

On 8/17/2023 at 4:28 AM, sirchunksalot said:

Matt's really brought his A game when it comes to his video game. The sequence where he's peeling the plastic off the irons was both satisfying and hilarious!

After these glowing reviews, had to go back and check it out....definitely good stuff. 

Wednesday was the second full round of the Indi's going solo in terms of wedges in the bag.   Wedges getting more and more predictable in terms of proximity to pin around the green.  Finding the ball (used a Titleist TruFeel in lieu of ProV1) stopping well even with "less premium" balls in play.  Really impressed with up and down situations that are short sided - up in the air and brakes applied w/either 58 or 54 (one hop, stop).  Longer wedge shots (full shots w/the 50) doing much the same.  Hoping tomorrow to do a 7 club round (3h, 5i, 7i, 50, 54, 58, Putter) to really focus on using the wedges from 125yds in....

Edited by Willie T
grammar

Just a wee update...

The ground in NZ is very soft at the moment (winter time) so my divots are a bit bigger than I would like with these but I am definitely seeing some of the forgiveness.

Chipping is going really well, a nice bit of check that I haven't seen before and good feel too ( yes I have chipped in with them 😁).

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, Nippon Modus Tour 115 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

All of this is very interesting - great job guys. I hit my 52 for a while on the range today. I’m developing a really nice touch with it around the green. 

Really enjoying these wedges 

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I've been pretty swamped with something for work that I have to finish up by Friday, but I've gotten some more chances to hit the wedges in a variety of practice situations. Overall, I'm still seeing the slight tendency for the Indi wedges to be a little left of the PXGs. Nothing unplayable either way, but interesting that the Indi's start just a touch left. Not sure if it's a weird thing or not exactly, but I'm seeing different ball reactions on full shots. The Indi wedges basically take one hop and then rip at a 90 degree angle to the right. By comparison, the PXGs take a hop or two and then pretty much die on the spot. 

Anything from about 60 yards out, I'm feeling comfortable with the distance on the wedges, but I'm still adjusting in the shorter range. I'm feeling like I have to make a longer swing for the same landing spot with the Indi wedges. I don't see any difference in the distance on the longer shots, it's just these 20-40 yard pitch shots. 

Played in a nine-hole 4man super ball match yesterday - limited clubs but full house is Indi wedges.  Had a lot of opportunities for wedge work around the green.  My son was a partner in our group so we were able to put his T22 &T21 wedges head to head with Indi’s.  The greens has just been punched and sanded (not our usual course).  Have to say the Indi’s were spot on….par three 6th.  We were left of the green with a center pin with a bunker to cover.  Son hits a decent 60 to about 15ft.  The Indi 58 I hit dead on where it released and did a far side lip out as it rolled by - man I was hoping for a pitch on birdie!  Later almost did the same thing again….told him the Indi’s are inspiring confidence to hit and hold close to the target(s)…

On 8/23/2023 at 9:52 PM, RichL85 said:

The Indi wedges basically take one hop and then rip at a 90 degree angle to the right. By comparison, the PXGs take a hop or two and then pretty much die on the spot. 

That’s interesting as I am seeing with the Indi’s what you’re seeing with the PXG’s.  Yesterday, did a LW hit along in the backyard (wedges used: Cleveland CBX 60-stock graphite shaft; Ping Eye2 57.5-Recoil graphite shaft; TItleist 260-08-TT steel shaft and of course the Indi FLX S 58 with Recoil graphite shaft).  Talk about having fun…each reacted differently in terms of feel, bounce, control.   The least fave was the old Tltleist….most familiar the Cleveland….the Ping and the Indi were pretty equal.  In terms of stop and drop on backyard grass, the Indi is my friend.  

On 8/23/2023 at 6:52 PM, RichL85 said:

I've been pretty swamped with something for work that I have to finish up by Friday, but I've gotten some more chances to hit the wedges in a variety of practice situations. Overall, I'm still seeing the slight tendency for the Indi wedges to be a little left of the PXGs. Nothing unplayable either way, but interesting that the Indi's start just a touch left. Not sure if it's a weird thing or not exactly, but I'm seeing different ball reactions on full shots. The Indi wedges basically take one hop and then rip at a 90 degree angle to the right. By comparison, the PXGs take a hop or two and then pretty much die on the spot. 

Anything from about 60 yards out, I'm feeling comfortable with the distance on the wedges, but I'm still adjusting in the shorter range. I'm feeling like I have to make a longer swing for the same landing spot with the Indi wedges. I don't see any difference in the distance on the longer shots, it's just these 20-40 yard pitch shots. 

Hi Rich are the PXG standard lie? We made the Indi's 1° up to match your irons, that may be what is causing the different start line. Just a thought. 

9 hours ago, Indi Golf said:

Hi Rich are the PXG standard lie? We made the Indi's 1° up to match your irons, that may be what is causing the different start line. Just a thought. 

Fair point. My PXG wedges originally came standard, but I had them bent to 1 upright during a spec check back in February. Hopefully they are still at the 1 degree upright. Realistically we are talking maybe 8-10 yards left to right difference on full shots so it's by no means unplayable. I'm not sure if the camera catches it well, but to my eye at least, the Indi wedges do appear to naturally sit just a touch more closed than the PXG. 

20230825_201936.jpg.19532cc2564fcc2099cc0f6e8be69e28.jpg

PXG on the left, Indi on the right. I think a small aiming adjustment is all I really need for that, but it is interesting to see nonetheless. 

In terms of spin, I spent most of the time working from 25-40 yards today in the short game area before my round tomorrow. Hitting pitch shots from 25 yards comparing the two against each other, I did see a little extra roll out from the PXGs. 

20230825_164857.jpg.b23548bb9d9f46a03b50c20384be5398.jpg

Almost 3 feet of roll out from the PXG on a 25 yard pitch compared to a quicker stop from the Indi from the same distance. 

20230825_163335.jpg.bc03f44119252fb16aedb43baba89f16.jpg

Will see how the Indi wedges perform on the course tomorrow. 

I took the Indis out and used them in anger for the first time today and they didn't disappoint 😁.

All the chips I hit were within 5 feet and I would take that any day!!

I only hit one full shot with any of the clubs and it was a 56* from 76 yards, dead on line and it was a hop and stop.

My highlight of the day was a chip where I had short sided myself, had to chip up on to a raised green over a bunker. It's the shot that gives me nightmares but it was no issue today. These wedges seem to slide nicely under the ball.

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, Nippon Modus Tour 115 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

I took the Indis out and used them in anger for the first time today and they didn't disappoint 😁.

All the chips I hit were within 5 feet and I would take that any day!!

I only hit one full shot with any of the clubs and it was a 56* from 76 yards, dead on line and it was a hop and stop.

My highlight of the day was a chip where I had short sided myself, had to chip up on to a raised green over a bunker. It's the shot that gives me nightmares but it was no issue today. These wedges seem to slide nicely under the ball.

How would you describe the turf interaction? 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How would you describe the turf interaction? 

Hmmmm good question, in a word Crisp.

Just open the face a little and the bounce does the work. For me it truly inspired confidence that I can clip the ball off the turf and stop it. The club seems to glide across the turf with no grabbing or issues, so far anyway....

9 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Hmmmm good question, in a word Crisp.

Just open the face a little and the bounce does the work. For me it truly inspired confidence that I can clip the ball off the turf and stop it. The club seems to glide across the turf with no grabbing or issues, so far anyway....

Good to know. I will be curious about wet conditions as well. I know they are part of most wanted testing and I think the wedge results come out not this week but next!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Limited data from today's round, but...
image.png.81f8278b50bd689c641873ab231dd6e4.png

Short game and putting were the only things that saved today's round into something even remotely respectable. My driver decided to have a huge case of the lefts today so it was all scrambling. I said at the start that the Indi wedges would mostly be graded on whether they could get me closer to the hole, and so far they are performing.

image.png.a33761c43be14f2203556042a1c44bc4.png

The orange border is for the Indi wedges compared to the black border for the PXG wedges. I mean, still plenty of room for improvement, but being closer is always a good thing. The spin from the 50 degree saved me on this hole as I carried it about 5 yards too long from 85 yards out. It hit and came back about a foot. Not bad at all for a partial wedge out of the rough. 

20230826_173256.jpg.42563ac35537dfc8e7ccdb8817348204.jpg

@Nunfa0, @BMart519, and @Willie T. How are the wedges working out for you on getting through rough? I had a few where it was almost like the wedge just sliced straight through the turf and nearly slide completely under the ball. I've been having a time adjusting to that.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:27 AM, RichL85 said:

How are the wedges working out for you on getting through rough? I had a few where it was almost like the wedge just sliced straight through the turf and nearly slide completely under the ball. I've been having a time adjusting to that.

Getting through the rough….hmmmm.  My primary practice area (backyard and the neighborhood) includes short rough (less than 4”).  The wedges have proven to slice cleanly into and through, popping the ball up and out.  Not excessive spin. On the course similar experience.  These wedges inspire confidence in the rough - of course in drier conditions.   With recent rains, I am looking to playing in softer conditions and seeing how they work when it’s such.  

On 8/27/2023 at 4:27 PM, RichL85 said:

Limited data from today's round, but...
image.png.81f8278b50bd689c641873ab231dd6e4.png

Short game and putting were the only things that saved today's round into something even remotely respectable. My driver decided to have a huge case of the lefts today so it was all scrambling. I said at the start that the Indi wedges would mostly be graded on whether they could get me closer to the hole, and so far they are performing.

image.png.a33761c43be14f2203556042a1c44bc4.png

The orange border is for the Indi wedges compared to the black border for the PXG wedges. I mean, still plenty of room for improvement, but being closer is always a good thing. The spin from the 50 degree saved me on this hole as I carried it about 5 yards too long from 85 yards out. It hit and came back about a foot. Not bad at all for a partial wedge out of the rough. 

20230826_173256.jpg.42563ac35537dfc8e7ccdb8817348204.jpg

@Nunfa0, @BMart519, and @Willie T. How are the wedges working out for you on getting through rough? I had a few where it was almost like the wedge just sliced straight through the turf and nearly slide completely under the ball. I've been having a time adjusting to that.

This time of year, the rough is not substantial so I can't really comment but the ground is a lot softer this winter and the term "hot knife through butter" has sprung to mind a few times!! I actually think Irish turf cutters would have been proud of some of the early divots 😳😳😜

On 8/26/2023 at 10:27 PM, RichL85 said:

Getting through the rough is generally not an issue as I am usually opening the face more than usual given the tendency for me to grip the wedges with the face shut. I initially ran into issues with the 60 in my backyard taking divots in long grass which is rare for me as a picker. The low bounce on the 60 is not very forgiving for full shots, so I stopped that experiment after 2-3 attempts on course and usually being more comfortable with a partial swing on lower lofted wedge. 

I have to be more careful on fringe and fairway lies to ensure I am opening it to take away any tendency to dig.  

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0