Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

One Ball Tournament

Javs

I played over 108 holes (6 rounds) at a private course when I was 6 handicap.  I never thought about the one-ball contest and didn't keep track of it. Familiarity and managing the course is easier at your home course.  Since I left the club, my index is better, but I play different courses and lose a couple of balls every other round 😆

Do I have to keep playing the same ball every round?  I started to playing a new ball at the beginning of the round and will keep the used ball for practice or provisional use.  

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

54 minutes ago, Play18 said:

I played over 108 holes (6 rounds) at a private course when I was 6 handicap.  I never thought about the one-ball contest and didn't keep track of it. Familiarity and managing the course is easier at your home course.  Since I left the club, my index is better, but I play different courses and lose a couple of balls every other round 😆

Do I have to keep playing the same ball every round?  I started to playing a new ball at the beginning of the round and will keep the used ball for practice or provisional use.  

I was thinking as a fun event. One ball and how many holes can you play it without losing it. Obviously if it hits a cart path and gets damaged then it can be replaced. However, once you lose the ball you’re out. 

Play like a champion today!

I’m down.  I found a great ball a couple of rounds ago and played it ever since. When I lose that one I’m sure I’ll find another one near by and do the same on repeat. Some times you find a lucky ball 🍀 and you play well. 

Scott Hanson

22 hours ago, Javs said:

I was thinking as a fun event. One ball and how many holes can you play it without losing it. Obviously if it hits a cart path and gets damaged then it can be replaced. However, once you lose the ball you’re out. 

Sounds much like the "one fly" fishing contests I used to participate in.  Do you dare use lighter tippet to increase chances of the take, or stick with the heavy stuff?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On my last golf trip to Mrytle Beach five years ago, we scheduled three rounds on courses we never played before.   On the first day, first tee I pulled out a Pro V1 ball I had found with a Bethpage Black Course logo on it.  I played the entire round with that one ball.  Since I played pretty well with it, the next day I challenged myself to see how long I could keep that same ball in play.  As I walked off the third day's 18th hole green I realized I was still using the same ball I teed off with on day one.  I pulled it aside and it's now marked and displayed on my wall of golf balls reserved for special occurrences (e.g. breaking 80, eagles, shooting par for nine holes, etc).  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sglj3 said:

It does sound interesting, not sure I could get through 18 I've only done that once, dang water and trees... 🤣

I agree Stan! It would be a new experience for me! 

JSki_Golf

I’d be toast. I think my personal best is 13 or 14 holes 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/