Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Flying into Palm Springs, then driving through CA, OR, up to NW WA - suggestions for golf?

Clayton

I've never been to Palm Springs and am open to suggestions there... but I'll probably stop two nights on the way up and am looking for ideas on where to play. Bandon is WAY too expensive for me right now although I'd love to play something there, I just don't see it happening. I'm looking on golfnow and underpar for something fun, but I don't know the area at all. One course called The Quarry looked nice but then I read about it.  LOL, they aren't letting me on that course.

Anyway, I'm willing to sleep in the car if I have to in order to get on a fun course or something.

Thanks for any ideas!

• 3 weeks later...

The issue you have right now is most of Palm Springs are punching greens. 
But desert willow has two courses that are awesome. 
California cost line Sand Piper in Santa Barbara and La Purisima in Lompoc ( this one is the best, hardest courses in the states).  Will make you humble but great holes. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

when you get to the northern california, if you call pebble day of, they can sometimes get you on that day without having to stay at a pebble property. for just slightly above 10% of the cost of a pebble round though, you can play cinnabar hills just south of san joseIMG_0234.jpeg.2b234166883c83166b9f136d9bb9b52b.jpegwhich is one of my favorite courses of all time. there are 3 nines and they choose 2 for you, but hopefully you luck out and get to play “mountain”. it’s just a special place. 

once you get north of san francisco, on the coast near santa rosa you’ll find another special place, the links at bodega harbour. IMG_0238.jpeg.fb8ea5bad0302c9801331b274c16b6d5.jpegif bodega was in the bay area it would cost $400/round, minimum. The last time i played it was $60. Absolute gem. Took me three rounds to get my bearings there, but just for the experience i recommend it even if you can only play once.

Last, in santa cruz, there is Pasatiempo by Alister MacKenzie(the guy who designed the masters and cypress point). Apparently it was his favorite “layout” of all the courses he designed. it normally costs a little less than half of a round at pebble, but they are doing construction on the front nine until next summer so they are currently charging a little less to play the back nine twice. 

honorable mention: look up northwood golf club and see if it’s near your route. if it is, definitely stop and play. i never made it, but it’s definitely on my bucket list. 

Edited by ryan.mzzz

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

• 3 months later...

Tilden Park in Berkeley is beautiful.  Sometimes you don't see any signs of civilization.  It is up in the Berkeley hills.  Lovely fog rolls in overnight and late afternoon.  Not pricey.  Worth the extra few minutes of driving, it is not on a main street, but it is about 10 minutes from freeway.  It is near the famous Clairmont Hotel.  The bay area has a lot of golf to offer, in spite of the loss of civilized behavior.  Golf in Napa is also dandy but cost a few $.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃