Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ping B60 reshaft project

I reshaft my Ping B60 putter. It was not easy at all to get the old shaft out lol.  I replaced it with a steelfiber P125 putter shaft. All I can say is wow!!!! Made an old favorite even better.

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2409.png

IMG_2412.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2416.png

IMG_2428.jpeg

Golf one of the greatest games been playing for most of my life.

Looks great! What all did you have to do to get those bits of the old shaft out?

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

3 hours ago, Thegolferdude said:

Ice pick style tool used like a chisel 

Always heard that old ping putter shafts were difficult to remove.   You'll have to tell us how you like the steelfibre shaft;  most reports I have read say it is underwhelming.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’m only comparing the steelfiber to the original shaft. I think it has made a great old putter better. I’ve play a few rounds with it now and I like how the club performs so far.

32 minutes ago, Thegolferdude said:

I’m only comparing the steelfiber to the original shaft. I think it has made a great old putter better. I’ve play a few rounds with it now and I like how the club performs so far.

That's all you can do.  Is it more of a flexible shaft or the ultra stiff profile that most graphite shafts follow?   Why do you think it is better?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I like the weight it added to the putter. It clocks in at 550 grams now, the original shaft was lighter. I play amt white s300 in one set of irons and c-taper s+ in another set.  I’ve always liked a stiff heavier shaft. The steelfiber seems as stiff as my c-tapers s+. 

Edited by Thegolferdude

I believe the steelfiber adds weight and stiffness/ stability over the original steel shaft. The couple rounds I’ve played with it, I feel like I have more control and my putting stroke is much smoother.  This is helping the ball to roll better and have a bit more accuracy.

Edited by Thegolferdude

Had to drill a hole in the bottom of the hosel and hammer it out with a punch. The shaft still wouldn’t come out that when I broke it off and chiseled the rest out. I used a rivet to cover the hole I’ll post a picture of that later.

well done

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

On 10/27/2023 at 8:28 AM, release said:

Was it difficult to remoive the ball bearing ?

You have to drill a hole under the hosel big enough to get a center punch through to knock the bearing towards the grip then apply some heat to soften the glue, remove the shaft.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

On 10/27/2023 at 7:41 AM, Thegolferdude said:

Had to drill a hole in the bottom of the hosel and hammer it out with a punch. The shaft still wouldn’t come out that when I broke it off and chiseled the rest out. I used a rivet to cover the hole I’ll post a picture of that later.

A lot of work.  either you have to love that particular putter much or someone has to pay enough for the trouble.  I'll just slap some lead tape on the head and call it good.

Edited by release