:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Oh I posted it elsewhere here, it's the Rossie White Hot 35"

I hope it works out for you.   I’ve tried a bunch of them and IMO, the balance of the whole feels off.  Face is fine, but it feels like the it’s fighting me or something. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

I hope it works out for you.   I’ve tried a bunch of them and IMO, the balance of the whole feels off.  Face is fine, but it feels like the it’s fighting me or something. 

Oddly enough that's how I felt with the EVNROLL 11 and LAB Mezz1  Maybe I've just got used to putting with a smaller mallet the past two years SC 1.5 Flowback, that the larger mallets don't feel as smooth as they used to for me.    I know some are going to say going away from the StrokeLab shaft is a mistake.  But I'm interested in hearing more about the technology in these shafts and time will tell. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

9 hours ago, Samuel09152 said:

Being someone who has only used odyssey white hot blade, but in the market for a more forgiving putter. I was thinking about the #7 AI milled or a spyder pro. Any suggestions? 

Hat does “more forgiving” mean to you?  You need to identify what you issues are with putting and then solutions can be applied. Based on your question you want to try and leverage a putter to mitigate the issue. For example if you miss hit all over the face, and don’t want to work on better contact, the Odyssey AI putter may be the better option since it’s design is to help even out ball speed on misshits.   If you struggle with consistent aim then you should look at the various shapes and alignment lines to determine which might help.    No putter is better or worse than any other putter as long as it helps you do the things you need to do.

The short answer is you need to experiment with the putters you listed and see which works best. 

Edited by cnosil

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Hat does “more forgiving” mean to you?  You need to identify what you issues are with putting and then solutions can be applied. Based on your question you want to try and leverage a putter to mitigate the issue. For example if you miss hit all over the face, and don’t want to work on better contact, the Odyssey AI putter may be the better option since it’s design is to help even out ball speed on misshits.   If you struggle with consistent aim then you should look at the various shapes and alignment lines to determine which might help.    No putter is better or worse than any other putter as long as it helps you do the things you need to do.

The short answer is you need to experiment with the putters you listed and see which works best. 

What you are saying does make sense, and I am trying to work on better more consistant contact. I read online that it was easier to putt with a mallet or semi-mallet putter becasue they are more forgiving with off centered putts. I guess that is what i meant. I know that my dispersion on the putter face is often center to more toe, and it is consistant to that pattern. I just want to mitigate the effect of that the best I can as I continue to grow into a better golfer. It could be simply change my stance to aim better, but I dont know. What I do know, is I have no confidence with the putter I have now. 

I guess I should have asked what people liked about each of them instead of any suggestions becasue I don't think anywhere near me carries them for me to try or if they do I haven't seen them (I live in the middle of nowhere on the AL/TN line). So usually I buy clubs off recommendations without testing...

Samuel Hanvey 

6 minutes ago, Samuel09152 said:

What you are saying does make sense, and I am trying to work on better more consistant contact. I read online that it was easier to putt with a mallet or semi-mallet putter becasue they are more forgiving with off centered putts. I guess that is what i meant. I know that my dispersion on the putter face is often center to more toe, and it is consistant to that pattern. I just want to mitigate the effect of that the best I can as I continue to grow into a better golfer. It could be simply change my stance to aim better, but I dont know. What I do know, is I have no confidence with the putter I have now. 

I guess I should have asked what people liked about each of them instead of any suggestions becasue I don't think anywhere near me carries them for me to try or if they do I haven't seen them (I live in the middle of nowhere on the AL/TN line). So usually I buy clubs off recommendations without testing...

seems like you want to address more consistent ball speed on misshits.  In that case the Odyssey Ai line, Evnroll, Ping TR grooves, and Bobby Grace HSM inserts would be a list of putters to investigate.  

one suggestion would be to determine why you miss toe side.   Try t understand how your body is moving,  are you pulling across your body too much, are you dropping the putter head via ulnar deviation, are you moving your arms closer to you, are you excessively closing the face?  Set some gates outside the putter head and figure out the movement patterns that help you move the putter head through the gates and get center contact. 

48 minutes ago, cnosil said:

seems like you want to address more consistent ball speed on misshits.  In that case the Odyssey Ai line, Evnroll, Ping TR grooves, and Bobby Grace HSM inserts would be a list of putters to investigate.  

one suggestion would be to determine why you miss toe side.   Try t understand how your body is moving,  are you pulling across your body too much, are you dropping the putter head via ulnar deviation, are you moving your arms closer to you, are you excessively closing the face?  Set some gates outside the putter head and figure out the movement patterns that help you move the putter head through the gates and get center contact. 

Awesome! Thank you for the help. This will be done alot this week/weekend. Thank you for real! 

Samuel Hanvey 

On 11/11/2023 at 11:52 AM, IndyBonzo said:

I went to the PGATSS and spent about 20 mins putting with 3-4 of the new AI putters.  I wanted to be impressed, but sadly was not.  They are gorgeous.  But I felt no difference in my putting as compared to my usual wand; if anything, my accuracy was poorer, as was distance control.  I did find the White Hot insert more forgiving and more consistent than the milled face, which I found interesting since my gamer putter has a milled face and it is more consistent for me than either of the AI putters.  The putters are objectively excellent; I putted well with them.  Just not better than my current gamer.

Not to pile on, but for comparison purposes I also tried the LAB Link 1 and the LAB DF, both of which were more accurate and more consistent than the AI putters.  

All that said, picking the right putter is a very individualized endeavor.  My experience will no doubt be the opposite of others'.  Support your local golf store and go try them out!

You said it best.

When these new putters came out, I went to the SS within a couple days to try them out. I had every intention of walking out with one. They intrigued me and I wanted to give it a shot. My gamer is the Taylormade GTX Max with the heel weight all the way back and the toe weight all the way in (towards the face). I mark all of my balls with the Odyssey Triple Track lines all the way around. More often than not, when I putt there Is very little wiggle on those lines when the ball is rolling. I took one of my balls to the store to see if I could be as consistent with any of the Odyssey AI putters as I am with my Taylormade. Short answer is, I wasn’t. For me, the available Odyssey putters and shafts didn’t work. It doesn’t matter how good your distance control is if the ball doesn’t go on the right line. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

I was very interested in this putter. Gave the Two T CH a spin and shockingly was hitting everything I looked at on their putting green. I love the blue finish and the putter set up nice with no too much off set with the plumbers neck. The putter felt extremely light to me, not sure if others felt the same? The strike also felt a little muted which took some feel away. All in all it has me interested but I need to test it more. What do people think about throwing a KBS GPS shaft into one of these? 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Ventus Blue VelvoCore 6X 

3 Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth Ventus Blue 6X 

3 Iron: Titleist U505 Hzd Smoke 7x 

4i-6i- Srixon 585 KBS Tour V 110 S 

7i-PW: Srixon 785 KBS Tour V 110 S

50, 54: Vokey SM9 Dynamic Gold 120S 

60: Taylormade Hightoe Dynamic Gold 120S 

Putter: Scotty Super Select Newport 2.5 

The cool clubs testing was interesting but I always take with a grain of salt the info that comes from companies who are financially incentivised to say new clubs are better than old ones. If I take it at face value, it was honestly pretty shocking how much better they are compared to other models out there. 

I do hope mgs will do some objective and subjective testing of these to see if the hype is real.

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

22 minutes ago, z1ggy16 said:

I do hope mgs will do some objective and subjective testing of these to see if the hype is real.

It's tough to do good objective testing with the equipment that MGS currently has and how they do putter testing.  Hopefully once they move into their new HQ putting testing will be more detailed but there isn't a lot of time for that to happen before the new testing season starts up. 

32 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It's tough to do good objective testing with the equipment that MGS currently has and how they do putter testing.  Hopefully once they move into their new HQ putting testing will be more detailed but there isn't a lot of time for that to happen before the new testing season starts up. 

The rig the cool clubs guys have doesn't seem too complex... It wasn't the most controlled test ever but they tested every putter in the same way so it was at least a decent relative comparison

I don't really like mallets but seeing how good the mallet ai compares in the latest vid to the Scotty (what I use) in the first blade video has me seriously thinking about one. 

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

1 hour ago, z1ggy16 said:

The rig the cool clubs guys have doesn't seem too complex... It wasn't the most controlled test ever but they tested every putter in the same way so it was at least a decent relative comparison

MGS doesn't do robot club testing. 

53 minutes ago, cnosil said:

MGS doesn't do robot club testing. 

It wasn't a robot, it was a jig that held the club with a dielectric magnet on the end so that when a switch was pressed, the club was released and hit the ball. 

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

Tsi3 Ventus TR Blue

Tsr2 Ventus TR Blue

0211 ST 4-GW Axiom 125

Mizuno T22

Flat stick - who knows

14 hours ago, z1ggy16 said:

It wasn't a robot, it was a jig that held the club with a dielectric magnet on the end so that when a switch was pressed, the club was released and hit the ball. 

Yes,  watched the video and know what it was;  that is the type of "robot" used for testing putters. Their title in the video says "robot" and the product they used is actually called a robot.

https://creativegolfinnovations.com/products/iron-archie-putting-arc-robot

The testing protocols that MGS uses for their tests leverage how humans perform with the clubs since robots (or jigs) do not respond to the feel and look of the club.  

• 2 months later...

I realize this is the original post, but have you looked at the NEW options they are offering in the AI-ONE lineups?

https://odyssey.callawaygolf.com/putters/ai-one/

Unfortunately nothing new on the milled series.  

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.