Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

14 Way Bags - Love em? Or Hate em?

Love them.  I didn't like the way my shafts would get tangled up when I tried to pull the club out (we are almost all walkers in our groups, cart riding is pretty uncommon for us still). With the slant on the push cart or when carrying the clubs, the dividers keep them in their place and easier to handle in and out of the bag.  We try to play ready golf so it is a facilitator.  Like many here I have multiple bags, my favorite is a PING DLX as it also has an oversized putter well and separate place on the side for the umbrella. Having used bags with the full dividers I would not go back now. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

14 way for me.  Too many memories of being a caddie (sometime last century) and trying to wrestle a club out of a bag while the golfer was waiting.

Or maybe it just appeals to the OCD.

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I wouldn't be opposed to a lighter 8 or 9 way stand/cart bag. But I would have to load it with tubes for shaft separation. And it would need its own putter well, as the grip is larger on mine.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I prefer the dividers, whether 14 or even down to 10.  I once owned a nice Ogio carry bag that featured two large openings in the middle for your Driver, Fairway, and Hybrids, plus 3 dividers on each side for irons, 2 large for wedges and a putter well.  That was my favorite bag for organization.

in my opinion, cart bags should have full length dividers.  Especially pushcart bags.  With the clubs sitting sideways, it is easier to get them in and out.  I have a nice Sun Mountain bag, with a bottom that fits their push cart to avoid the bag moving around, that is set up well.

divders also help if you have lager grips.

Titleist TSR1 Driver @ 10.5

Titleist TSR1 FW @ 16.5

Titleist TSR1 HB @ 19

Titleist TSR1 HB @ 24

Titleist T300: 6-U

Titleist SM9: 52, 56, 60

Cleveland 2 Smart Square Putter

Love the 14 way for cart..    for walking, prefer lightest bag without 14 way...   I use midsize grips and the individual slots make it much easier for getting clubs in and out without jamming them in.  Have always used  Sun Mtn. C130 cart bags and their zero-G for carry.    

I still love my Ping Hoofer stand bag.  It only has 6 slots, but was able to arrange it for my putter to have it’s own slot.

D/3W/3H/4i
5/6/7
8/9/PW
52/56/60
Putter

Occasionally will have some grips stick when trying to get a club out, but not enough to be a deal breaker for me.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a lighter 8 or 9 way stand/cart bag. But I would have to load it with tubes for shaft separation. And it would need its own putter well, as the grip is larger on mine.

I had plastic tubes years ago, started to see shaft wear very quickly with those.  May not be an issue for you specifically, but they also add weight to the bag…but not a problem if you’re not walking/carrying.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

This is a very loaded question lol. 14-way is my preference BUT they have to be done right and done well. For 3 seasons I've played the Titleist Hybrid 14 and it's the best! Before I landed on this bag, I tried out about 4 other 14-way bags and none of them worked well. From the individual, full length slots, to the stand mechanism, zippers, pockets, and even the internal zipper to help retrieve any miscellaneous items that could potentially fall down inside the bag, the Titleist is just designed so well! I really wanted to like the Ping bags but the dividers are only half way down. No bueno. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I walk with a push cart and love my Sun Mountain bag with 14 dividers. Really helps the organization. Agree with other comments that the dividers must be full length to work properly.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue 9.0

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue 15

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue 19

:benhogan-small: 22

Irons: :benhogan-small: 5 - PW

Wedges: :benhogan-small: 50

:callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 54 & 58

Putter: :odyssey-small: O Works 2 Ball Fang

Love them!  Won't ever buy a bag again without them.

Best reason is you can easily tell if you're missing a club and that, in it's own, is worth the cost of the bag (verses having to replace a wedge or two).

Not to mention the ease of putting clubs in and out or being able to find the club you're looking for quickly.

-- Peejer

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.5c73aa0e191520c63e4a7567ea08cf4a.pngTour -  image.png.70e0eeb259be4d89842e31955c4a2f83.png
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

image.png

image.png

I kind of love them but like a previous poster the dividers must be full length. I use mid-sized +4 grips and they tangle and bind up in my stand bag.

They make 14 way stand bags but I only mine for travel. On my home course I use a push cart so the big bag is fine. 

Steven "Marty" Grant

I switched over to a Stitch Fadeaway SL2 when they had a crazy deal going. It only has 4 slots and coming from a 14 slot Nike bag, I really miss it. Not worrying about having to fit 4 clubs into one slot was a luxury I didn't realize I had. I also miss having a separate slot for my putter so I don't have to worry about it getting rattled around. Next time I splurge on a bag I will definitely make sure it has 14.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 10.5 ~TENSEI AV Orange 65 S

Fairway Wood: :ping-small: G425 5w set at 16.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max Rescue 4 Hybrid ~ Ventus Blue 6 R

Irons: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 5-A ~ Elevate MPH 95 S

Wedges: :callaway-small: 54° JAWS Full Toe Chrome :callaway-small: 58° JAWS Full Toe Black

Putter:  :scotty-small: Special Select Flowback 5.5 (for now....)

Give me a 4 or 5 way all day over 14 way. I walk for probably 1/3 of my rounds, and even when riding and using rental sets with a 14-way bag I have found it annoying to put clubs in & out...picking the right slot and then making sure the grip doesn't grab and get stuck on the way down into the bag... I'm sure there are good 14 way bags out there that are light and solve for the stickiness issue, but I will never try them! OG Hoofers for life!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I've been a long time fan of 14 way bags. I just find them to be the most functional and have always been user friendly. There's a place for every stick in the bag. The Bag Boy Lite Rider Pro I'm currently using replaced the Spin It Golf bag I used for years. As well as having to be a 14 way bag, any bag I consider using has to have a minimum of at least 9 pockets. 

Bag Boy Lite Rider Pro.jpg

Spin It Golf Bag.JPG

Taylormade SIM MAX 12* Driver

Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawkeye 3, 5 and 7 woods

Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 7 wood

Mizuno JPX-923 Hot Metal, High Launch irons, 6-PW, GW

Taylormade Milled Grind SW, 54*

Cleveland RTX-3, 60* LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6 Centre Shaft Putter

I've seen many a post on here saying that 14 ways bags 'stop bag clatter' and make it easy to access clubs, etc. 

I have the Ping Hoofer 14 and carry the majority of the time, primarily for convenience, but also because my course in the UK hasn't been fit for push/electric trolleys since October! 

I ALWAYS get bag clatter with my bag, which I didn't mind when I had my old Ping G410 irons; those things would survive a nuclear blast. But now I have forged faced irons, I shudder at each clatter! 

Also...when I have 13 x Midsize grips in there AND my putter, I struggle to get clubs in or out easily, especially the middle of the bag (mid-irons). I've even started leaving 3 wood at home just to save space at the bottom of the bag as it is driving me mad on the course!

The Ping Hoofer 14 regularly tops the MGS standings, and, for pockets etc. I cannot fault it. But what the hell am I doing wrong? Are there bigger bags out there, more suited to midsize grips? 

Bag full of mostly PING, apart from Cleveland CBX wedges..I need all the help I can get! 

Given the move many of us are making to mid-sized (or larger) grips, I think that generally bags should grow a bit in size to account for them. 

Qi10 driver, HL 3w and 3h

PXG 0211 GW-4i

Jaws raw full face wedges

Spyder putter

4 way bags only for me.  I use oversize grips, when I had an Ogio 5 way bag it could be a fight trying to get clubs out.  Currently use a Sun Mountain C-130 stand bag as well as an old Sun Mountain 4Five 14 way bag.  Big fan of Sun Mountain bags.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Switched to a Callaway Org 14 a year ago after I decided my back wasn't going to allow me to be a walk and carry guy. Now it's push-cart or cart-cart only. Keeps everything right where I want it and sits nice n' balanced on the pushy (which is my preferred MO).

"Golf is a game in which you yell fore, shoot six, and write down five." -Paul Harvey