TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

Wow that wind sounds nuts! Hell of a round in those conditions!

Unfortunately living on Long Island high wind and golf is a reality that I forgot about after three years in VA.  Thanks to this test I now have a top end of the bag that is built for Long Island.

If this driver performed the way it has in real rough weather I am looking forward to see how it performs under normal conditions.

I have to say, this is a really neat takeaway from your testing. Great review!

As a bonus, this shot yesterday was hit with a 4 hybrid and landed in the hole……..but did not stay.  Cut hybrid into a hook wind that never left the flag and to make matters worse I lipped out the putt for bird.

Hah, oh man!

On 2/12/2024 at 3:06 AM, Jmikecpa said:

If I had not been able to hit this driver outdoors it would not have made it past swing number five on Trackman.  It seemed about every fourth or fifth ball would result in a low spin dipper that went nowhere but down and hard left.  I should note that I have not hit one ball outdoors that I was able to replicate this shot and saw good results on balls not hit into a net or a screen.  I am rating this lower mainly due to the fact that if I had an indoor fitting with this driver I would have just said not for me and moved on.  I know that everyone wants data and numbers but it just was not working for me during this test and after two indoor sessions on Trackman I just decided to see what I could get on the course as that is where it really matters.

It's interesting to see this because I've myself just realized I had a related experience with the sim/launch monitor doing something different than my real-life shots. I've had 2 fittings at Golf Galaxy on Trackman, and another at an independent place on Foresight GC Quad. And at both places, my driver shots were going out with a light draw and then taking what looked like nearly a 90 degree left turn. It was just weird. At first I chalked it up to not hitting well since it was January/February. And a bad hook is a common miss for me. But normally I only do a bad hook once or twice a round. This was like more than half the shots on the sim, and with different clubs, tuned to fade, different shafts, etc. Well, once I started hitting outdoors with 2 range sessions and 18 holes, I realize the sims were just plain doing stuff that didn't happen in real life for me. Something about my swing or ball flight or whatever, did not agree with them.

This is not great because it could throw off the fitting. It showed my spin was kind of high too. So I was testing 8.5 degree drivers, turned down in loft another degree - to lower the spin and take the edge off the hook. The one place has an outdoor range also, and they actually do some lessons/fitting out there too. So I might try to get the same guy out there to watch what my ball does on outdoor shots. Anyway, it's something I will have to figure out with a lot more frequent real-life play starting right now.

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

Great job with the final reviews @Jmikecpa and @Michael.Sandoval33!  I enjoyed reading them very much.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 Max 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS1 (shafts:  :kbs: Tour 120S)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :cleveland-small: Frontline Elite 1.0
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

18 minutes ago, HikingMike said:

Wow that wind sounds nuts! Hell of a round in those conditions!

I have to say, this is a really neat takeaway from your testing. Great review!

Hah, oh man!

It's interesting to see this because I've myself just realized I had a related experience with the sim/launch monitor doing something different than my real-life shots. I've had 2 fittings at Golf Galaxy on Trackman, and another at an independent place on Foresight GC Quad. And at both places, my driver shots were going out with a light draw and then taking what looked like nearly a 90 degree left turn. It was just weird. At first I chalked it up to not hitting well since it was January/February. And a bad hook is a common miss for me. But normally I only do a bad hook once or twice a round. This was like more than half the shots on the sim, and with different clubs, tuned to fade, different shafts, etc. Well, once I started hitting outdoors with 2 range sessions and 18 holes, I realize the sims were just plain doing stuff that didn't happen in real life for me. Something about my swing or ball flight or whatever, did not agree with them.

This is not great because it could throw off the fitting. It showed my spin was kind of high too. So I was testing 8.5 degree drivers, turned down in loft another degree - to lower the spin and take the edge off the hook. The one place has an outdoor range also, and they actually do some lessons/fitting out there too. So I might try to get the same guy out there to watch what my ball does on outdoor shots. Anyway, it's something I will have to figure out with a lot more frequent real-life play starting right now.

The wind and adverse weather on Long Island was something that I forgot about during my three years in Virginia. Up until March of this year I had not played a round of golf in NY in over two years. I more than likely won’t play a round of golf in NY in normal conditions for at least another month but at least I am getting to play some golf so there is that. 

The comment on indoor fitting is accurate and I refuse to be fit completely indoors. My golf buddies just call me stubborn and stuck in my ways but the data is only helpful if the equipment can perform on the course. 

WITB 2024

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: Sim 19* RDX Smoke Red 75 TX

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

My final review is a tad delayed, but I have a good reason!  See below.  (And the final review will be up today in short order.)

Let's Talk about the Swap

I apologize in advance for this long post, but the truth is in the details here.  I am addressing a new and different Qi10 model for the first time.  So I am going to try to go all the way down the rabbit hole.

If you, dear reader, have followed this thread, you already know that @GolfSpy_BEN is a very gracious dude, that I struggle to contain driver spin historically, and that he and I last week, at the very end of our review period, executed a swap of my tester "standard" Qi10 model for his Qi10 LS model.  Yesterday I embraced the chance to hit the LS model on the range very briefly, and then play the LS model in a round of 18 at Eagle Creek Golf Course on Indy's west side.

Eagle.jpg.63f7c772d765d99461b99e3abeb71a7c.jpg

I played the Qi10 LS at a loft sleeve setting of 7.5* and -300 RPM, at 44" of length on the (wonderful) ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M2 shaft.

Accra.jpg.292fbbf6abb79f907c1498b8cd34d3e6.jpg

I weighted the driver at D4, which required some (or a lot of) lead tape . . .

Q.jpg.e48dfb827129d4be95c380c5031c1953.jpg

. . . and played the Bridgestone Tour RBX MindSet golf ball as part of the multi-member review here on the forum.  (Many thanks to Bridgestone and MGS for that testing opportunity also!) 

RBX.jpg.6ca04a3e00e6d25120806e4d20c50a64.jpg

The result?  In two words:  Performance and Potential  For me and my particular swing, the Qi10 LS performed significantly better!

The weather was warm and sunny, but the wind increased steadily throughout our round, finally landing at a consistent 20-30 mph wind during the back nine.  Indy received more than 3 inches of rain in the days preceding the round.  The results will show that.  Here are the specifics on the 9 driver holes:

Hole 2 - Par 4 365 yardsHole2.jpg.efeba48321ef222304896e15ddfd4436.jpg

This was a strong start.  It is important on this hole to hit fairway left (which I seem to never, ever do) or carry the right bunker and avoid getting into or behind the trees on the right.  The Qi10 LS delivered a strong drive into a gusty crosswind that carried the bunker and came to rest at 258 yards.  I was very pleased.

Hole 5 - Par 4 428 yardsHole5.JPG.e968623ae93c58c74cf5b50b9532d9aa.JPG

User error, as I hit far into the heel-side of the clubface.  That cost me distance, but look at that straight drive that found the middle of the fairway.  The Qi10 LS's forgiveness helped me a great deal here.

Hole 6 -- Par 5 543 yards

Hole6.JPG.ab8f8c51a0c89b0e5adbae49a386ae0c.JPG

This drive confused me, as I felt like it was good contact and in the middle(ish), but I did not feel the compression or hear that confirmation on strike.  Still, I found fairway, if not the distance I expected.  I suspect I hit it too low.  🤷‍♂️

Hole 7 -- Par 4 408 yards

Hole7.JPG.1e532d9670aa0b08c1f921f708fddbbd.JPG

Here comes the wind!  Straight at us, 20 mph+.  And now the Qi10 LS delivers, with a pretty good piercing of the gusts, landing at 232 yards in the fairway.   This is the shot I will recall a long time, as this was the first time I heard the Qi10 LS deliver more of a "bang" at contact rather than a clicky/ish (Stealthy?) pop.  It felt great; the compression of the ball was evident.  Everyone in my group commented.  "That sounded and looked different!" Remember the wet conditions - there was no roll-out at all.  Into that wind, I'll gladly accept the 232 yards fairway middle result.

Hole 9 -- Par 5 528 yards

Hole9.JPG.364beb8dd1d07c698b83816a03ed060c.JPG

Remember user error?  Yuck.  This was my classic brain fade/unfinished swing/high slicey fade balloon ball.  But it still went 213 yards into that wind and remained playable.  This was definitely not the driver's fault.

Hole 10 -- Par 5 469 yards

This hole is easy.  If you don't take too long in the clubhouse, get stiff, forget everything you ever knew about golf, or hit into a hurricane.  I did all that.  Shots 2 and 3 on this hole were worse.  Did I mention the tee box is elevated and aimed directly into God's own oscillating fan (cranked to 11)?  But it went straight!?!?   Again, not the driver's fault.

Hole 13 -- Par 4 372 yards

Finally a hole where the wind helps a bit, as it still crossed the fairway but pushed a little too.  I hit a bomb (by my standards), that rolled maybe (only) 10 yards on the wet turf, for a very playable 263 yard result.  (Pay no attention to the idiot chunking his gap wedge on shot 2.)

Hole13.JPG.b70792096f03bb28d383b2d56bc64247.JPG

Hole 16 -- Par 4 370 yards

More crazy wind, and a unique crazy pull by the author.  I blame the wind.  You, dear reader, should blame me.

Hole16.JPG.bd5afbc29a7fd252b3d88e79e2f13ce3.JPG

Hole 17 -- Par 5 433 yards

Yes - more nutty wind in our faces.  But I was glad to hit a ball that carried 238 yards, and nestled in at 243 yards (wet!), on this short par 5.  This set up the solid hybrid shot 2, and boo-yah! wedge shot 3, that yielded a tap-in putt and, unusually, the only birdie our group could muster on this day.

Hole17.JPG.ae0903b60bc60eefcc9a926b8a525345.JPG

Summary

I give the Qi10 LS very high marks for its first post-swap round.  For me and my swing, I found the face to be more lively than the standard model, distance was better as a result, and with the lower spin forgiveness was just as good if not better for me. I think it has great potential, and I look forward to getting to know it better and updating this thread with additional results.     

I will post my final review of the standard Qi10 very soon.  But like every Star Wars movie or series or novel or cartoon or whatever (except that rogue one), this will not be the end.  

So it is a solid driver in the wind…..

WITB 2024

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: Sim 19* RDX Smoke Red 75 TX

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

2 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

So it is a solid driver in the wind…..

Ha.  Indeed.  I think, between you and me, that much is proven!

• :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

2 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

My final review is a tad delayed, but I have a good reason!  See below.  (And the final review will be up today in short order.)

I apologize in advance for this long post, but the truth is in the details here.  I am addressing a new and different Qi10 model for the first time.  So I am going to try to go all the way down the rabbit hole.

If you, dear reader, have followed this thread, you already know that @GolfSpy_BEN is a very gracious dude, that I struggle to contain driver spin historically, and that he and I last week, at the very end of our review period, executed a swap of my tester "standard" Qi10 model for his Qi10 LS model.  Yesterday I embraced the chance to hit the LS model on the range very briefly, and then play the LS model in a round of 18 at Eagle Creek Golf Course on Indy's west side.

I played the Qi10 LS at a loft sleeve setting of 7.5* and -300 RPM, at 44" of length on the (wonderful) ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M2 shaft.

. . . and played the Bridgestone Tour RBX MindSet golf ball as part of the multi-member review here on the forum.  (Many thanks to Bridgestone and MGS for that testing opportunity also!) 

The result?  In two words:  Performance and Potential  For me and my particular swing, the Qi10 LS performed significantly better!

The weather was warm and sunny, but the wind increased steadily throughout our round, finally landing at a consistent 20-30 mph wind during the back nine.  Indy received more than 3 inches of rain in the days preceding the round.  The results will show that.  Here are the specifics on the 9 driver holes:

This was a strong start.  It is important on this hole to hit fairway left (which I seem to never, ever do) or carry the right bunker and avoid getting into or behind the trees on the right.  The Qi10 LS delivered a strong drive into a gusty crosswind that carried the bunker and came to rest at 258 yards.  I was very pleased.

User error, as I hit far into the heel-side of the clubface.  That cost me distance, but look at that straight drive that found the middle of the fairway.  The Qi10 LS's forgiveness helped me a great deal here.

This drive confused me, as I felt like it was good contact and in the middle(ish), but I did not feel the compression or hear that confirmation on strike.  Still, I found fairway, if not the distance I expected.  I suspect I hit it too low.  🤷‍♂️

Here comes the wind!  Straight at us, 20 mph+.  And now the Qi10 LS delivers, with a pretty good piercing of the gusts, landing at 232 yards in the fairway.   This is the shot I will recall a long time, as this was the first time I heard the Qi10 LS deliver more of a "bang" at contact rather than a clicky/ish (Stealthy?) pop.  It felt great; the compression of the ball was evident.  Everyone in my group commented.  "That sounded and looked different!" Remember the wet conditions - there was no roll-out at all.  Into that wind, I'll gladly accept the 232 yards fairway middle result.

Remember user error?  Yuck.  This was my classic brain fade/unfinished swing/high slicey fade balloon ball.  But it still went 213 yards into that wind and remained playable.  This was definitely not the driver's fault.

This hole is easy.  If you don't take too long in the clubhouse, get stiff, forget everything you ever knew about golf, or hit into a hurricane.  I did all that.  Shots 2 and 3 on this hole were worse.  Did I mention the tee box is elevated and aimed directly into God's own oscillating fan (cranked to 11)?  But it went straight!?!?   Again, not the driver's fault.

Finally a hole where the wind helps a bit, as it still crossed the fairway but pushed a little too.  I hit a bomb (by my standards), that rolled maybe (only) 10 yards on the wet turf, for a very playable 263 yard result.  (Pay no attention to the idiot chunking his gap wedge on shot 2.)

More crazy wind, and a unique crazy pull by the author.  I blame the wind.  You, dear reader, should blame me.

Yes - more nutty wind in our faces.  But I was glad to hit a ball that carried 238 yards, and nestled in at 243 yards (wet!), on this short par 5.  This set up the solid hybrid shot 2, and boo-yah! wedge shot 3, that yielded a tap-in putt and, unusually, the only birdie our group could muster on this day.

Summary

I give the Qi10 LS very high marks for its first post-swap round.  For me and my swing, I found the face to be more lively than the standard model, distance was better as a result, and with the lower spin forgiveness was just as good if not better for me. I think it has great potential, and I look forward to getting to know it better and updating this thread with additional results.     

I will post my final review of the standard Qi10 very soon.  But like every Star Wars movie or series or novel or cartoon or whatever (except that rogue one), this will not be the end.  

Nice to see some good early results with the LS after the swap!

Hopefully @GolfSpy_BEN sees similar success with the standard!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

And now the news likely no one was waiting for.  (Ha.)

The final review is posted!

Please shoot me (and the other testers) any questions you have.

Huge thanks to MGS and TaylorMade!!!!

6 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Summary

So glad to see you and @GolfSpy_BEN find some good results in the swap!  Excellent work all around to this set of testers!!!

Edited by CFreddie

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

7 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

Has the Qi earned the Octopus?

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 minute ago, TJ Hall said:

Has the Qi earned the Octopus?

Maybe!

Not joking.  For once.  Go check it out!

3 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

Maybe!

Not joking.  For once.  Go check it out!

Missed that part in the post, got it now!

Can’t wait to see if the LS continues to work for you and earns the coveted Octopus!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

20 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

Real enjoyed the review Indy. I think we need to see that boat oar trick on video with the spin data to confirm 😂

Can't wait to hear how the LS treats you on the course and if the Octopus will be living in new waters!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

I just came across something on a different site that may explain the rear weight of the Max using a non-standard screw size.  Supposedly, adding more weight at the rear will cause the C.O.R to exceed the legal limit of 10k. Does anyone know if this is true?

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

For this review, I want to do the Good, Bad, the Inbetween

First, the Good. The new TaylorMade Qi10 Standard is a quantum leap from what I had in my hands before, which was the TaylorMade R-15. The R-15 feels like a brick on a stick compared to the Qi10. I’m actually a couple of miles per hour faster with the Qi10. The 60xCarbon Twist Face has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. Where we play, the fairways are lined with olive trees for the most part. Once in there, it is like a one-stroke penalty. Off-center shots are generally guided back on line.

Next up is the Bad. The Qi10 Standard would be a shade better if it came with an Open/Closed/Neutral adjustment for the face. I like the look of the more closed face when at address. Hey, I had to find something to gripe about.

Now for the Inbetween. The Qi10 Standard is as basic as you can get as far as the head/hosel adjustments go. Nothing fancy. Just your basic Higher/Lower loft settings. I didn’t find that the Qi10’s adjustments made any difference on the flight except for the height. In my area where there is a fairly constant 10-15 mph wind, the Lower setting did produce a bit more penetrating ball flight. It didn’t make much difference, for me at least, on the left/right flight of the ball.

For this section, I’d give the TaylorMade Qi10 an 18 out of 20.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

7 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Summary

Nice work. Seems to have worked pretty well for you! I guess the added lead tape gives you a little more anti-fade MOI with where it's positioned?

Eagle Creek is a fun testing ground! I was at Purgatory this afternoon with new driver and the Bridgestone Tour BX Mindset ball to continue testing. 🙂

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9* (@8*) w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Currently Testing: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

NIcely done, John! That was an enjoyable read.

It makes me happy that you are seeing immediate progress from the LS and I hope it earns the Octopus!

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

6i-PW:  :mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Recoil 110 f4

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

20 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

Nice work. Seems to have worked pretty well for you! I guess the added lead tape gives you a little more anti-fade MOI with where it's positioned?

Eagle Creek is a fun testing ground! I was at Purgatory this afternoon with new driver and the Bridgestone Tour BX Mindset ball to continue testing. 🙂

You got it @Indy_Oz - trying to prevent my right misses, along with increasing swing weight.  It seemed to work!

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

NIcely done, John! That was an enjoyable read.

It makes me happy that you are seeing immediate progress from the LS and I hope it earns the Octopus!

Thank you Ben!!  

1 hour ago, EMacK1961 said:

For this review, I want to do the Good, Bad, the Inbetween

First, the Good. The new TaylorMade Qi10 Standard is a quantum leap from what I had in my hands before, which was the TaylorMade R-15. The R-15 feels like a brick on a stick compared to the Qi10. I’m actually a couple of miles per hour faster with the Qi10. The 60xCarbon Twist Face has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. Where we play, the fairways are lined with olive trees for the most part. Once in there, it is like a one-stroke penalty. Off-center shots are generally guided back on line.

Next up is the Bad. The Qi10 Standard would be a shade better if it came with an Open/Closed/Neutral adjustment for the face. I like the look of the more closed face when at address. Hey, I had to find something to gripe about.

Now for the Inbetween. The Qi10 Standard is as basic as you can get as far as the head/hosel adjustments go. Nothing fancy. Just your basic Higher/Lower loft settings. I didn’t find that the Qi10’s adjustments made any difference on the flight except for the height. In my area where there is a fairly constant 10-15 mph wind, the Lower setting did produce a bit more penetrating ball flight. It didn’t make much difference, for me at least, on the left/right flight of the ball.

For this section, I’d give the TaylorMade Qi10 an 18 out of 20.

Take a look at this adjustment chart, it is from the SIM, but it works the same way for all TM drivers using that adapter:

image.png

You'll notice that all of the "higher" side of the adapter will close the face.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your complete review! 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

54 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

You got it @Indy_Oz - trying to prevent my right misses, along with increasing swing weight.  It seemed to work!

Thank you Ben!!  

Excellent write up and detailed explanation!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

For this review, Play it or Trade it, I have to give the TaylorMade Qi10 Standard a strong Play it score of 20/20.

For my tournament on April 7th, the Qi10 performed as expected. I didn’t get lost in the olive trees, stayed out of the rough, and played out of the fairway. I came in 4th (just out of the money). It wasn’t for the driver that happened. My up and down short game was in down mode. I made quite a few putts which saved me.

But, I digress. You don’t want to hear about my tournament. You want to hear about the club. I believe that TaylorMade has made a huge leap forward with the technology in the Qi10 Standard over what I used before (TaylorMade R-15). The blend of distance and forgiveness is definitely there. The lightness of the materials makes for a faster club, at least for me. That lightness hasn’t sacrificed any strength, however. The use of the carbon fiber in the crown puts the weight of the club lower on the face where the power is generated. The Thru-Slot Speed Pocket on the bottom of the club helps if you hit it too low on the face.

At $599.99, it is not inexpensive. If I walked into a fitting session and was led to this club, knowing what I do now, I’d take it out of the store with me.

Who is this club for? Wow! That’s a question. I feel that the Qi10 Standard would benefit the golfer who hits the ball fairly on line at the moment but who also gets the occasional hit to the heel or to the toe. The Twist-Face technology will help the ball flight. I don’t think someone who sprays it all over would find what they are looking for here. 

All of the above has led me to want to put the Qi10 into use on a daily basis.

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

My overall review of the TaylorMade Qi10 Standard is that this is one badassed club. It rates an overall score of 98/100.

All of the tech features built into this club renders it worthy of the TaylorMade moniker. To me, TaylorMade has always created the best in drivers. I’ve had a TaylorMade driver in my bag like forever.

The verbiage in the TaylorMade literature about the TaylorMade Qi10 Standard talks about the MOI, lower CG projection, 60xTwist-Face, Carbon Crown, and the Thru-Slot Speed Pocket. To me, that is lost. What matters is the performance.

My off-center shots are not as penal. The ball is not far offline. I haven’t lost any distance in the process. I don’t always hit it on the button, but this club forgives that. What’s not to love?

This club performs. Pure and simple. If you have a driver that is a few years old, do yourself a favor and give this club a look. Book some time at your fitter of choice and give it a go.

What's in the bag:

10 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Summary

You might want to nickname that driver “windbreaker”, great final recap! The LS certainly was worth it from what I can tell!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

Good morning everyone! This is my continued “non-official testing/reporting” on the Qi10Max .

I’ve been busy with tweaking the sim enclosure (currently at the swearing at the projector settings/location stage of things…) but have also managed to hit another 100-150 shots with the Qi10 Max on the sim. All testing done with the 2024 TM TP5x ( I do believe I have found my gamer for this season!!!)

I started with the Tensei AV Limited Blue 60R shaft and the head at 11 degrees (this was my fitting recommended shaft and profile).   I maxed out at 265.2 yds total, 134mph ball speed, 99.7mph club head speed and averaged 3600 rpm back spin (very high) and 26 degree launch angle.  At this setting, I was doing moon shots.  I dropped down progressively to 9.5 degrees of loft, and marginally increased distance (Max: 268yds, 100mph club head speed , 139mph ball speed but still high spin at 3160 rpm average backspin.

I swapped over to the C6 Blue 60S shaft and things got interesting… at first, not in a positive way at all! At 11 degrees, I was impersonating wedge profiles.  30 degree launch angle, 3640 spin, 245 yds , 118 ball speed, 92 club head speed…going in the wrong direction.

Progressively dropping the loft down to 9.5 degrees, the Qi10 Max came alive… 276yds, 148mph ball speed, 104mph club head speed, 2650 backspin, 15 degree launch angle and a very controllable ball placement (2-4 yards from center…on 75% of shot, 5-7 yards on 15% and the other 10% we shall never speak of again!) I have NEVER hit a driver with this distance and/or accuracy before. Ever.

The club face is starting to look a little marked-up (pics coming when I am back at home later this morning), and no longer has the pristine face it had to this point.  I am hoping this isn’t an indication of issues with the face and problems to come… that would be disappointing.

Updates to follow.

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

For this review, I want to do the Good, Bad, the Inbetween. For this section, I’d give the TaylorMade Qi10 an 18 out of 20.

For this review, Play it or Trade it, I have to give the TaylorMade Qi10 Standard a strong Play it score of 20/20.

For my tournament on April 7th, the Qi10 performed as expected. I didn’t get lost in the olive trees, stayed out of the rough, and played out of the fairway. I came in 4th (just out of the money). It wasn’t for the driver that happened. My up and down short game was in down mode. I made quite a few putts which saved me.

But, I digress. You don’t want to hear about my tournament. You want to hear about the club. I believe that TaylorMade has made a huge leap forward with the technology in the Qi10 Standard over what I used before (TaylorMade R-15). The blend of distance and forgiveness is definitely there. The lightness of the materials makes for a faster club, at least for me. That lightness hasn’t sacrificed any strength, however. The use of the carbon fiber in the crown puts the weight of the club lower on the face where the power is generated. The Thru-Slot Speed Pocket on the bottom of the club helps if you hit it too low on the face.

At $599.99, it is not inexpensive. If I walked into a fitting session and was led to this club, knowing what I do now, I’d take it out of the store with me.

Who is this club for? Wow! That’s a question. I feel that the Qi10 Standard would benefit the golfer who hits the ball fairly on line at the moment but who also gets the occasional hit to the heel or to the toe. The Twist-Face technology will help the ball flight. I don’t think someone who sprays it all over would find what they are looking for here. 

All of the above has led me to want to put the Qi10 into use on a daily basis.My overall review of the TaylorMade Qi10 Standard is that this is one badassed club. It rates an overall score of 98/100.

All of the tech features built into this club renders it worthy of the TaylorMade moniker. To me, TaylorMade has always created the best in drivers. I’ve had a TaylorMade driver in my bag like forever.

The verbiage in the TaylorMade literature about the TaylorMade Qi10 Standard talks about the MOI, lower CG projection, 60xTwist-Face, Carbon Crown, and the Thru-Slot Speed Pocket. To me, that is lost. What matters is the performance.

My off-center shots are not as penal. The ball is not far offline. I haven’t lost any distance in the process. I don’t always hit it on the button, but this club forgives that. What’s not to love?

This club performs. Pure and simple. If you have a driver that is a few years old, do yourself a favor and give this club a look. Book some time at your fitter of choice and give it a go.

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

Edited by EMacK1961
Photos Added

What's in the bag:

Finally remembered to take and post pics of the Qi10Max face.  It's only Tuesday and I am looking forward to the week being over 😞 That long mark in the center face, it's not coming off and while I can't feel it with my fingertip, I'm thinking it may develop into something.  Keeping a very close eye on it.

J

20240416_195639.jpg

20240416_195646.jpg

20240416_195512.jpg

20240416_195649.jpg

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

21 hours ago, Jean D said:

Finally remembered to take and post pics of the Qi10Max face.  It's only Tuesday and I am looking forward to the week being over 😞 That long mark in the center face, it's not coming off and while I can't feel it with my fingertip, I'm thinking it may develop into something.  Keeping a very close eye on it.

J

20240416_195639.jpg

20240416_195646.jpg

20240416_195512.jpg

20240416_195649.jpg

That can't be from a ball, right, since it's a line? Maybe from hitting a tee? Hmm. It kind of looks like 2 lines. It doesn't go through the grooves, right? So that should indicate it's on the surface.

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

56 minutes ago, HikingMike said:

That can't be from a ball, right, since it's a line? Maybe from hitting a tee? Hmm. It kind of looks like 2 lines. It doesn't go through the grooves, right? So that should indicate it's on the surface.

That's the same thing I was thinking but I wanted the bigger picture on my laptop to see. Doesn't seem to go into the grooves, but with any equipment definitely keep an eye on it. The ball mark on my face has been there for a few weeks now and it's similar looking (but ball shaped of course) and nothing has come from it.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

On 4/15/2024 at 11:06 AM, IndyBonzo said:

Summary

This is very cool! Glad you two were able to connect and make the swap! Sounds like it really worked out for you and shows the importance of getting the right driver for your swing and playing situations. Nice work!

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm