Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

21 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there following this test!

I was excited to get on the range today and hit some balls with my middle child.  We ended up having a putting competition on the practice green after and had a nice time together.

IMG_0731.jpeg

But, that's not why you're reading... you came here for this:

IMG_0729.jpeg

So how'd it go?  In a way, @chisag was right... this is a whollllle lot of driver. 😉 If I were to sum it up in a meme...

image.png

First we have the incumbent's numbers.  My epic Max LS,  most shots with the Terra Forza White.IMG_0018.jpeg

Very representative numbers for me.  This was after warming up (and my iPad apparently warmed up too much too and shut down in the sunlight.  Thankfully I was able to switch to my phone to run the Rapsodo MLM2PRO and left my phone in the shade.

263 Carry and 105.6 swing speed is awesome for me.  Just a range session before I hit high marks of 106.2 and 158.8MPH ball speed, both the highest I recall seeing on Rapsodo before, so the Qi10 has work to do.

IMG_0017.png

And the Qi10... Very impressive numbers.  This was also with a Terra Forza White shaft, and it felt right at home.  The Qi10 is a 9* head and I actually had to loft it down .75* and use the upright setting.  I'm really liking the shape (it reminds me of the M5 that I loved) and the feel is great too.  But WOW, I've never hit 110mph on Rapsodo before and while not in this data set, I did hit 159.9MPH ball speed before the iPad overheated! I even switched back between the Callaway and Taylormade and I seemed to be getting a few MPH more out of the Qi10, which I was not expecting at all.  

I'm really excited to get this on the course and see if some of the results carry over as deep as some of my balls on the range today!

I didn't think I would be saying this so soon, but it's already the Qi10's spot to lose in the bag... the bomb-pop head cover is going on and this Qi10 driver is going right in the bag baby!

IMG_0734.jpeg

The Qi earned a spot quickly…wow!  Some nice numbers there!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Not a great day for the Max today out on the course. 5/14 fairways, all very much so right. Not sure what it was today but I just didn't have it. Felt like my brain was prioritizing other aspects of my game so the driver was sacrificed. Distance was good, just very right. Good news is, I don't expect to go through these woes for too long and will be back on track soon enough.

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
So*

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

On 6/21/2024 at 12:42 AM, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Not a great day for the Max today out on the course. 5/14 fairways, all very much so right. Not sure what it was today but I just didn't have it. Felt like my brain was prioritizing other aspects of my game so the driver was sacrificed. Distance was good, just very right. Good news is, I don't expect to go through these woes for too long and will be back on track soon enough.

We all have those days, as we know golf is a mental sport. When I have a bad driving day the next day, I will keep it in the bag and work my long irons and just play smart golf. Then I hit the range and work out the kinks with the driver. Typically, I only use my driver 7/18 holes at my home course as placement is key, so my three wood sees a lot of action. 

6 Handicap, 100+ rounds a year!

WITB - QI10 LS DRIVER 8 Degree - Ventus Black w/ Velocore 7, QI10 3 Wood - Evenflow Riptide 70, Taylormade Stealth Bomber 17°, Taylormade P7MB-23 Irons 4-PW, Vokey Wedges, Scotty Cameron Square Back