How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Tournament day 2 has me want to sell my clubs and do something productive with my life. 

Apparently everyone had a bad day. 

2nd gross in my flight. 😲  That shouldn't have happened.  I couldn't putt at all today. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Weather was hot and humid and it was CPO due to overnight rains.   Today was also the first day with my new putter.    Took a little getting used to because the ball came off the face pretty hot.   Didn't have any significant one putts but was consistently getting the ball past the hole.  The additional speed also caused a few lip outs.  

Below is the strokes gained comparison against a 0 handicap.  I'm really happy with the short game numbers.  Following the approach laid out by Dan Grieve has really helped that aspect of my game.    Tee shots were better today than they have been recently and while approach shots were the worst from a SG perspective I was pretty happy with my ball striking.  

9 FW,  8 GIR, 31 Putts   38/40:79

image.png.87862f45e2850110fbee8cc66156b020.png

what kind of putter did you go to?

committed to performance excellence

18 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Have gone back to a blade putter; always felt like I putter better with them.  it is from the current company run by Bruce Sizemore called More  Golf.   I owned one of his models when it was under the name Sizemore.    I also wanted to try a graphite shaft in the putter so I went and got fit to see which worked best.   Installed a Va Composites Baddazz shaft;  it is a putter that won't be considered low key.    

how long did you make it?

committed to performance excellence

25 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

how long did you make it?

I play putters at 33" but could go to 32" since I grip down a little bit.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Solid from a day where I didn't feel like I struck the ball well at all.  But, fortunately, today I was a scramblin man.  5 Up and downs combined with my very mediocre 4/18 GIR scratched out a 41/38 79 for me.  My approach and tee game were wild -- yet not really that far off.  I just got punished severely on every miss and found myself hitting from very odd (new to me) places around the green.  I made it work though and my wedges and putter bailed me out.  28 Putts and 8/15 GIR.  Not too shabby all things considered. 

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Game has been in a weird place lately. I leave the course feeling like I didn’t play well but I’m scoring.

shot a PR 85 today and felt like I was grinding all day long. Driver is hooking, iron and approaches has been saving me kind.. and putting is well meh. Feels like I’m a bit par or bust (double bogey) right now. Gotta clean some of that up and I’m staring 79 right in the face!

all that said, there is 95 coming somewhere for sure!

Driver: M6

irons: sim2 max

wedge: TM rsi sand wedge 55

putter: odyssey pro type 3

16 minutes ago, GforeNick said:

Game has been in a weird place lately. I leave the course feeling like I didn’t play well but I’m scoring.

shot a PR 85 today and felt like I was grinding all day long. Driver is hooking, iron and approaches has been saving me kind.. and putting is well meh. Feels like I’m a bit par or bust (double bogey) right now. Gotta clean some of that up and I’m staring 79 right in the face!

Congrats on the PB! Keep showing up and grinding and you will see improvement albeit never fast enough for our personal expectations...

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

got 18 in today on a new track... Crescent Oaks in Tarpon Springs, Florida...Crescent Oaks Golf Club

and I couldn't putt to save my life, but the Driver was almost perfect (9/14 Fairways) with 3 misses in the first cut... and the new clubs are getting dialed it...

the 60* was a lifesaver and put me close on several holes but my putting was so poor... 3 putted twice on the Front 9 and 4 putted twice on the Back (both Par 3's)...

shot below is the 7th Hole (17th today) 443yd Par 4 (#1 Handicap)

8-20-24 crescent oaks #8.jpg

Edited by Mdrnsamurai
added website url

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

Driver: Titleist GT3, Mitsubishi 1K Black 6.5 - X-Stiff

Woods: Callaway Ai Smoke 3W 17*, Project X Denali 6.0 70g - Stiff

Irons: Mizuno MP 245 (4i thru PW), NS Pro Modus Tour 120X (4i - 21*, PW - 42*)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.08F, 56.14K, 60.04T Grind 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 (2004)

14 hours ago, RedTop said:

4 3 4 5 4 3 3 4 3

5 3 3 4 2 4 2 4 4

Didn't miss a fairway with the driver,  17 greens....31 putts

You're going to make me do math? It's too early for math but sound like a great round 🤣

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
7W: :callaway-small:Epic Flash 19* TourAD (can't remember the exact model)
4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 23* Recoil 780ES
5-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
54*, 58*: :Sub70: TAIII Black
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Most Recent TestFit For Golf 2.0

Almost a really good night in league last night. 6 pars, a bogey, and 2 doubles. I missed a 4-footer for birdie (wasn't even particularly tough - I just pushed it), but otherwise putted pretty well. Other than a shanked 7 iron on a par 3 (that led to one of the doubles), irons were pretty good again. Driver was still iffy, but I only had trouble on one hole that required a punch, but I still walked off with a par on that hole. Everything was a push-fade (and short?!?!) and I could not get it to start left. I've talked about the 8th hole at our league course - right is death. I thought I was being smart pulling a 3w to keep it in play.... Topped that 3w and barely made it to the Sr tees 🤦‍♂️, so I had to hit it again - this was the other double. By my calculation, my handicap is going back up to a 6 this week. I'm not super happy about it going up 2 strokes this season, but since the next 2 weeks are playoffs, the season is winding down so I guess I'll have to live with it and get after it next year.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
7W: :callaway-small:Epic Flash 19* TourAD (can't remember the exact model)
4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 23* Recoil 780ES
5-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
54*, 58*: :Sub70: TAIII Black
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Most Recent TestFit For Golf 2.0

10 hours ago, GforeNick said:

Congratulations on the personal best!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 8/18/2024 at 7:24 PM, Off Map Oscar said:

Apparently everyone had a bad day. 

2nd gross in my flight. 😲  That shouldn't have happened.  I couldn't putt at all today. 

Ok, so it wasn't just me yesterday. Made absolutely nothing on the greens. Five or six very makeable birdie putts. Norhing!

Still swinging after all these years