Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

50 minutes ago, Big moose said:

Hard to feel sorry for you that it was 60 degrees. I woke up this morning and it was 37. Golf is over for us, I will be in Arizona for the month of March, hope to get a few rounds in then.

I have done my time in the cold. Lived 25 years in Alaska, and played my golf down at the Kenai Golf Course. You can make a tee time at 7 pm in June and finish before it gets dark. Snow can come and stick early so the course closes around the first of October and can open as late as the third week in May.

Nope I am done with that.

I am now a first class Arizona cold weather wimp! I will happily be out on the course where the outside ambient temperature is +110 F. 38 degrees and waiting for the frost to melt...no thanks. 

March is Peak Season down here. Be ready with a fat wallet and a plan. Know where you want to go play and call to set your tee times up in January if you can. You will have to pay for the tee times when you call. Call at a minimum of a week in advance. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

18 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

I have done my time in the cold. Lived 25 years in Alaska, and played my golf down at the Kenai Golf Course. You can make a tee time at 7 pm in June and finish before it gets dark. Snow can come and stick early so the course closes around the first of October and can open as late as the third week in May.

Nope I am done with that.

I am now a first class Arizona cold weather wimp! I will happily be out on the course where the outside ambient temperature is +110 F. 38 degrees and waiting for the frost to melt...no thanks. 

March is Peak Season down here. Be ready with a fat wallet and a plan. Know where you want to go play and call to set your tee times up in January if you can. You will have to pay for the tee times when you call. Call at a minimum of a week in advance. 

I was there last March and only got to play twice, the most expensive course was 75.00 which I didn't think was that bad. We are staying at camp verde rv park, my brother inlaw has a camper we stayed in a cottage. He couldn't make it last time his wife was sick, so my brother lives in Phoenix and he hooked me up with his friend's and his son inlaw, had a good time with them. Thanks for the info. 

Frank musolino 

Played 2 separate tournaments this past weekend. Saturday and Sunday game was good, consistent, drove the ball well, irons and wedges were solid, I didn't make any birdies on Saturday but made a lot of par and save bogey putts. (LAB Golf Mezz1 putter ) is the real deal. I just aim and pull the trigger is going where I was intending. But this weekend felt like I really got the stroke and pace down, more confident that I was going to make those long putts and the 3-5ft are almost automatic now.
As winter approaches, hoping that I keep this good feeling going until next year and not forget the progress I was making until spring comes around.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing 2024)
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTING: Terra Forza Shaft  - 

This past friday we had a cool but sunny day with some wind.  Got out of the office early and was able to play 9 holes on a links style course walking and completely alone.   I think I only saw a few other groups.   It was so quiet and peaceful I made a mental note to make the time to do this again on occasion.   

As I was alone and had a bit of wind to deal with, I dipped into the ball collection and played some Kirklands and maybe a few "found" srixons....   Aside from enjoying the serenity, I enjoyed the game and birdied 3 holes, 2 of them being Par 3's and a very long Par 5 (I don't think I ever birdied 2 Par3's).   

It was awesome to essentially have the course to myself and enjoy the scenery.  

• Driver- image.png.e24a2409101bd1ac07c78edcf8303773.png G430 Max 10K -9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

On 11/19/2023 at 7:18 PM, IndyBonzo said:

So, in sum, I finally broke 80!  And that’s with no birdies (although I did have super near misses slide over the cup’s edge on a couple, which would have turned my 79 into a 77 or 78).  

Congrats on Breaking 80 @IndyBonzo!! Well done! Keep it going next season as well! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

haven't got to play in a while since I broke 3  fingers at work was finally able to grip the club so went and shot and I actually think not being ablet to grab as tight helped my game its defiantly something ill have to look into i shot level par with two bogeys and 2 birdies all and all i didn't care what i shot just happy to get back on the course 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Just finished (last sat) the 3rd round of our Annual Stroke Play Champs....finally a decent score....scr 81...net 67...par 72...winning D1....

Now into the final round this sat...leader is toooo far in front...but....you never know.

How good is golf....

IMG_7008.jpeg.caac16a5aa94cf6c20df47b8163964fb.jpegStarted off hole 1 with a double, then turned it on with the exception of a triple on 8. The dreaded 3 putt and duff tee shot killed me. Finished the front with a bird and 4 pars Including driving the green on Hole 6.IMG_8284.jpeg.809ff51606b5da3bb4ff4951ced9c870.jpeg

Back was extremely slow with the group in front and another on our heels. That always makes my game struggle, so shot 45 on the back ending the day with an 86.

I did have my 5W working great for me along with a decent drive on the par 5. IMG_7009.png.d88187fe9fc94700b6a0d44c53f5076e.pngIMG_7010.png.f5cabfad3ec8b1a38c3f4ddab2401ba3.png

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I had a fun round yesterday.  The course was super busy and stacked pretty deep so I joined up with 2 guys on the second hole and played with them from the white tees.  It drops my hdcp down to a 2 on my course.  

I shot a 1 over and had a great round.  On the front 9, I had 2 birdies and 1 bogey.  On the back I had 2 bogies and really shouldn't have gotten them but short sided a couple greens and ended up with 2 putts with a lip out and short putt.  

I made a few grip changes on the driver and I was hitting the ball well off the tee.  Playing the white tees gave me some good numbers into the green.

Putting was on fire yesterday and had several birdie putts lip out.  

This weekend my normal playing partners and I are going to try something new.  We have 4 tee boxes and we are going to draw a tee out of a bag and whatever color we get is the tee box we are playing from.  Could be the tips or the front tees.  May be a very interesting round!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I would say an interesting and educational day on the course for me.

interacting because I shot a sold 70, 2 under par and educational because on the front side I just didn’t have my rythym going with my swing. 
I was doing the “gene littler” swing and not making solid contact, I bodied number 9 to finish 1 over. 

I thought to myself, “this isn’t working, try the “George Knudsen” swing and lo and behold ended up 3 under on the back. 
that was the educational side. 

rarely if ever would I change my approach like that, and never in a tournament but now, well it might be a good thing. 

Something for me to work on this winter…

committed to performance excellence

I attempted to go play this afternoon and haven't seen the course this busy in a long time!  We ended up skipping a handful of holes because folks weren't letting anyone play thru. 

It was a so so round with some great shots and then a few bad drives.  Used it as practice and played some shots from trouble areas around the course to look at different options when out playing. 

I played this afternoon/evening, had to rush to beat the sundown. I did not start great, had a horrible range session I even broke an alignment stick working on my plane. My swing felt horrible, and I really wasn’t looking forward to playing the round. I ended up shooting my best round since September! I started with 3 straight bogeys, when my swing started to click. I finished the round with no birdies and no doubles. I guess I need to start working on my swing plane more. 

SCORE 77

FIR 10/14

GIR 11/18 

PUTTS 34

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

I got out at sunrise this morning and had planned to play the front tees.  It was talked about in another thread and I had seen a deal with Bryson talking about playing the front tees and really learning to score.  I was waiting on the first group of the day and they were struggling on the first hole.  They were just about to the green and I was ready to tee off when a single player pulled up and asked to join.  

We ended up playing the whites and while it wasn't quite the location I wanted to play, it still turned out to be a fun round.  Had 3 birdies on the round and a bogey and a double. (Duffed tee shot OB)  

The last 5 holes that I hit driver on, something clicked and I started hitting the ball great!  Straight or slight draw and the fade/slice went away.  I was focused on the takeaway and dropping into the shot.  

I will end up playing the front tees this next week just to see how the round goes and I believe tomorrow my normal weekend group has decided to play "pull a tee" where we will take turns pulling a tee out of a bag and whatever color the tee is, that will be the tee box for that hole.  Front tees to the Tips.

I played 9 this morning and don't know how you folks in the north play in colder weather!  Respect. 

It was 44 degrees with a 15-20mph north wind and obviously I was not dressed warm enough. Haha. 

Positives for the 9: Whatever clicked with driver yesterday was for the most part still around.  I birdied one of the last 3 holes I need to complete my birdie challenge and I was hitting my 3 wood and hybrid very well.  

I was done by 7:45 and back to the house in time to make the kids breakfast.

Negatives: It was cold and was starting to get the fingers burning from the wind chill.  I hit a few horrendous shots right off the toe and boy o boy did I feel it. Ha. 

My normal Sunday routine. Get up at 6:50am and get ready for golf. 8:00 be on the course. Friday it worked out well. Temps were in the mid to upper 50’s. Today, not so much. Got up, looked at the temperature and it was 38* Went back to bed. Never warmed up all day.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

I played 9 this morning and don't know how you folks in the north play in colder weather!  Respect. 

It was 44 degrees with a 15-20mph north wind and obviously I was not dressed warm enough. Haha. 

Positives for the 9: Whatever clicked with driver yesterday was for the most part still around.  I birdied one of the last 3 holes I need to complete my birdie challenge and I was hitting my 3 wood and hybrid very well.  

I was done by 7:45 and back to the house in time to make the kids breakfast.

Negatives: It was cold and was starting to get the fingers burning from the wind chill.  I hit a few horrendous shots right off the toe and boy o boy did I feel it. Ha. 

2 elements, in your case cold and windy, is pretty tough, one is ok, 3 (add rain to the mix) is impossible. tomorrow for example, close to your temp, 40-45 degrees, no wind so could be ok.

26 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

2 elements, in your case cold and windy, is pretty tough, one is ok, 3 (add rain to the mix) is impossible. tomorrow for example, close to your temp, 40-45 degrees, no wind so could be ok.

Agreed.  I don't mind colder but the wind or wet added to just cuts thru

I slipped out on Friday afternoon for a 9-hole walk. Very solid ball striking evidenced by the stats, but only managed 1 up and down out of 4, 2 missed chances on par 5s for birdie. Highlight was the par on 2 from about 30 feet. I putted we’ll but didn’t give myself any good looks besides a 5 footer on 9 to close out good round. 

3AAA45E7-8B21-46D9-967F-0C56D8512BE3.png

Jacob

I played Friday after Thanksgiving.  Solid round for me, might be the last of the year...depends on alot of factors.  Continued putting with the LeanLock putter that I tested and it works.  The confidence is up.  Made several 10 footers and one 20 footer.  Definitely helped the score.  It was chilly and windy but overall a nice day, sun was out.  

Matt Dura

Francis Marion University Hall of Fame 2018

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

Ben Hogan 17* & 21* EDGE CFT Hybrids

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

ODIN.jpg.36f5f3d3738de8051e6e80e0aec7b2d2.jpg X1

image.png.e30363b19e9a93f1db577512147ff1e0.pngWell i hit number 3 of my Life yesterday just a par 3 147 yards up hill hit a 7 iron right at it and it dropped then after hitting a great shot i couldnt calm down and ended up double OB on the next hole....... hole 8 is under repair on the green right now so i just avoided it all in all great day for golf was a little chilly but we made it happen  

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

1 hour ago, Blaine Dye said:

image.png.e30363b19e9a93f1db577512147ff1e0.pngWell i hit number 3 of my Life yesterday just a par 3 147 yards up hill hit a 7 iron right at it and it dropped then after hitting a great shot i couldnt calm down and ended up double OB on the next hole....... hole 8 is under repair on the green right now so i just avoided it all in all great day for golf was a little chilly but we made it happen  

Nice ONE!!!  Congratulations!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Blaine Dye said:

Congrats!!!

A real roller coaster ride today. Shot 47/43:90.  Horrible front nine, then back to back birdies on Par 4 #14 & Par 5 #15.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

IMG_1076.jpeg.245fbc5ccfbf286b356d4444dc7ebb46.jpegnumber 12 at Olympic View today, this is looking at the green from the second shot, 5-8 yards uphill to a green that falls off left and right. 
cold and into a bit of a breeze, hit 6 iron, tugged it a bit but made a nice up and down. 
7 temporary greens due to frost but beautiful day for a walk and get a few swings in!! 

On 11/26/2023 at 5:56 PM, Josh Parker said:

Ah man, what beautiful weather. It's great to be alive. Our typical mid Oct weather. Glad you took the chance and headed out. A whole new mind set for sure. Good job.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

We have 12 players for tomorrow’s game. S/b 42* to 60* for our game…..brrrr!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

41 minutes ago, Dweed said:

Ah man, what beautiful weather. It's great to be alive. Our typical mid Oct weather. Glad you took the chance and headed out. A whole new mind set for sure. Good job.

I don't mind "cold" but prefer not to have the wind or moisture. Ha. 

I am so used to our heat that when it gets cooler I never dress for it. 

48 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I am so used to our heat that when it gets cooler I never dress for it. 

I think that happens everywhere.   When it starts getting chilly I always underdress for the first couple of rounds.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG