Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sunglasses! What do you wear on and off the course?

@Swood1994 that is a fantastic collection! I am an avid Oakley fan as well, but don't have near the amount of frames. For golf, I've got the Flak 2.0 XL with Prizm Golf Dark lenses. Looking at getting a second, everyday wear set of lenses as well. Daily wear I have two pairs of the Oakley Jupiter Squared, one Matte Black frame with the standard black iridium lens and One Navy/Red/White frame with mirrored chrome lenses. These are the most comfortable frames I've ever owned and they are discontinued, so I am actually looking on eBay currently to pick up a couple more pairs. I've also got an older pair of the Oakley Fast Jackets that have seen better days, but I will use those when I am doing yard work/stuff in the woods for hunting preparation as the lenses are delaminating a bit around the edges. 

I've also owned the M Frames, which I consider the OG baseball frames from my college playing days, as well as the Gas Cans, which were all white from my "college bro" days 😂.

I gifted the M frames to my dad when he was big into bicycling as the frames were vented on the top so they wouldn't fog up on him. He still has them and I may see about getting them back to use for coaching my son's little league this year.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

@GolfSpy_KFT the Jupiter squared were the ones that got away for me! I loved those frames and wanted to get them in the woodgrain frames and never pulled the trigger. Good luck with the search, I know Oakley has forums as well where you might be able to find some for sale and not be overly worried about fakes.

The OG M-frames are definitely the baseball frames. Especially with the old fire iridium lens! 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

My favorite sunglasses are the Oakley with golf lens.  I'm not sure what the frames are, just can't remember.  Now the lens getting full of bubbles & needs to be replaced, cannot see out of them. My wife says it's from my greasy Italian forehead 🤣

I currently wear the Peak Vision sunglasses, which I really like. I've had them since 2015, but the lens at the top is also starting to bubble like the Oakley's.  Peak Vision has since gone out of business.  

IMG_0995.jpg.2a7b7a46da8d22ddabfb439ab86f080b.jpg

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

You have quite the collection of sunglasses! Are you sure that isn't a Sunglass Hut? 😂 I need prescription eyewear. I am huge fan of Randolph Engineering. They have great products and a great warranty. The optometrist I used to go to sent my glasses to a lab that did a poor job of manufacturing the lenses and broke the frame. Randolph Engineering replaced my frames immediately. I'm a customer for life. 

20240325_142844267_iOS.jpg.fa57722b465605e49df23be6b794b72c.jpg

Edited by MattWillGolf

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

20 hours ago, Swood1994 said:

I’ve noticed with the sundogs test ongoing, the topic of sunglasses has come up on a few different threads. As some of you have seen me talk about I think worked for Oakley for a few years and have developed a decent collection. Sunglasses are a key piece of equipment in my opinion and something we all see the pros where. Technology advances and plays a role in helping us see the ball better or even read greens better. They are also a way for us to express ourselves and our style. I’ve definitely changed up a pair to go with a certain golf outfit.

I figured I’d post here what I have and what my favorites are. Hopefully other’s can chime in with some of their favorite brands and styles for the course and for off the course!

Overall collection:

IMG_5816.jpeg.c1231b85e2bf52d5d4f67a30a9796ff5.jpeg

Sports/performance:

• Flak 2.0 XL deep water (blue) prizm polarized 
  • Flak 2.0 XL Prizm golf & Prizm daily polarized
  • Flak Jacket (original) G30 iridium (old golf lens) & Ice Iridium polarized
  • M2 Black Iridium Polarized & clear

IMG_5819.jpg.98670957fd1e9c7d47f285841dba5f77.jpg

Lifestyle plastic frames:

• Frogskin 2016 Rio Olympics edition w/ Prizm daily polarized
  • Custom painted Frogskins with the flying tigers WWII design on the ear stems
  • Twoface navy blue with chrome polarized x2
  • Sean White edition garage rocks
  • Larch squared brown tortoise with black iridium polarized.

IMG_5820.jpg.673dd2335e25eec56cd24a03cd1cfc25.jpg

Lifestyle wire frames:

• Ferrari edition carbon blades (fun fact for car nuts the red paint on these are the same paint on the F1 cars)
  • Tinfoil Carbons
  • Tailpin aviators
  • Holbrook Metal

IMG_5823.jpg.5507771662de7ed41f1a7608b987bafa.jpg

I think my Top 3 out of these are:

1. Flak 2.0 XL: I wear these 99% of the time golfing. 
  2. Latch Squared: classic everyday style. 
  3. Twoface Navy: a discontinued frame color but one of my favorites.

Let’s see everyone else’s styles and favorites for when they are out on the course or just chillin by the pool!

Damn, that's a hell of a collection! I feel like I'm slacking with my little collection.

I'll try and lay out what I have from memory. Sorry, no pictures at the moment.

Half Jacket, Black.
These are my every day driving shades. The original lenses cracked, and I replaced them with some knock-off prizm/polarized lenses that are holding up so far. I have about 5 set of those knock-off lenses in various colors if the mood strikes to change it up.

Chip Foose Gas Cans, Black w/ Green
Green Iridium, Polarized lenses. These were a bit of a "those are cool" purchase at the Oakley outlet in Castle Rock, CO when I lived there. Don't wear them much though.

"Standard" Gas Cans, Black
Not sure what lenses are in them at the moment as I haven't looked at them in a long time. Not sure when or where I got these, just that I do have them. Again, not a set I wear at all.

3 Set of Flak 2.0 XL
Frames: Red/Red, White/Gray, Black/Gray Camo
Prizm Lenses: Transitions, Road, Golf, Ruby (2 sets somehow), and Deep Water Polarized
These are my golfing shades and I swap lenses depending on sunshine and ball color. The Deep Water Polarized are for yellow balls with the Golf designed for white balls.
I also wear these when I do my competitive shooting matches as the brown targets stand out more against the white no-shoots and dirt/grass berms behind. The white steel targets also stand out more against the berms. I'm a bit disappointed in the Transitions. They don't darken unless you're directly in sunlight. So they're really not usable for me and my overly light sensitive eyes in sunny days with a hat. If it's overcast and I'm shooting, I'll use them for protection.

I still carry my Flak's in their original cases everywhere I go to ensure they're safe. I've had my Half Jacket's over a decade and they're still in great shape, just had to replace the lenses. I have a set of noses/temples for each model as well if I ever need to replace pieces.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

59 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

as well as the Gas Cans, which were all white from my "college bro" days 

Oh man, I used to have the same pair! I remember wearing them to prom in high school and thinking they were the coolest. I get a Facebook memory pop up every year with pictures from then, reminding me that I was, in fact, not cool 🤣

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

...sadly I need a prescription and can't wear contacts so all of the awesome styles aren't possible. It is extremely difficult and expensive to create a prescription on a curved lens. I was able to find a Nike pair with my Rx and I'm hoping they don't break because they weren't cheap.

Kudos to you all with good eyesight!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

21 hours ago, Swood1994 said:

Flak 2.0 XL: I wear these 99% of the time golfing.

1 hour ago, Shrek74 said:

3 Set of Flak 2.0 XL

@Shrek74 & @Swood1994 I didn't realize the Flak sunglasses were Oakley glasses.  There's an Oakley store out by Disney World, have to check them out! 👍

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Damn, that's a hell of a collection! I feel like I'm slacking with my little collection.

Half Jacket, Black.
These are my every day driving shades. The original lenses cracked, and I replaced them with some knock-off prizm/polarized lenses that are holding up so far. I have about 5 set of those knock-off lenses in various colors if the mood strikes to change it up.

Green Iridium, Polarized lenses. These were a bit of a "those are cool" purchase at the Oakley outlet in Castle Rock, CO when I lived there. Don't wear them much though.

Not sure what lenses are in them at the moment as I haven't looked at them in a long time. Not sure when or where I got these, just that I do have them. Again, not a set I wear at all.

3 Set of Flak 2.0 XL
Prizm Lenses: Transitions, Road, Golf, Ruby (2 sets somehow), and Deep Water Polarized
These are my golfing shades and I swap lenses depending on sunshine and ball color. The Deep Water Polarized are for yellow balls with the Golf designed for white balls.
I also wear these when I do my competitive shooting matches as the brown targets stand out more against the white no-shoots and dirt/grass berms behind. The white steel targets also stand out more against the berms. I'm a bit disappointed in the Transitions. They don't darken unless you're directly in sunlight. So they're really not usable for me and my overly light sensitive eyes in sunny days with a hat. If it's overcast and I'm shooting, I'll use them for protection.

I still carry my Flak's in their original cases everywhere I go to ensure they're safe. I've had my Half Jacket's over a decade and they're still in great shape, just had to replace the lenses. I have a set of noses/temples for each model as well if I ever need to replace pieces.

I found them and just figured I'd get them out.
Left to Right:

Chip Foose Gas Cans with Green Iridium, "Standard" Gas Cans with Black Iridium, Flak 2.0 XL in Red/Red w/ Road Prism, Black Camo with Golf Prizm, White/Gray with Deep Water Prism Polarized.

Couple extra Ruby Prism lenses and the Transitions.

20240325_103016.jpg.dc516cbf0e416b1484d1d2e04afc936a.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g

Half Jacket, Black.

3 Set of Flak 2.0 XL

That’s a solid line up! I also switch between the G30 (old golf lens) and clear for shooting. I typically do long range so I prefer the clear when getting past 100 yards as the tint doesn’t help me. Definitely post some pictures when you can. I’d love to see the iterations of the Flak 2.0’s you have.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

47 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

...sadly I need a prescription and can't wear contacts so all of the awesome styles aren't possible. It is extremely difficult and expensive to create a prescription on a curved lens. I was able to find a Nike pair with my Rx and I'm hoping they don't break because they weren't cheap.

Kudos to you all with good eyesight!

Try checking out lens crafters or some Oakley stores directly (if you haven’t). I know they take eyemed when I was there and they made some pretty good advancements in the sports frames for prescription. The Flak 2.0 is a popular prescription frame choice for golf/biking/everyday use. 

Current WITB:

Reviews:

7 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

I found them and just figured I'd get them out.
Left to Right:

Chip Foose Gas Cans with Green Iridium, "Standard" Gas Cans with Black Iridium, Flak 2.0 XL in Red/Red w/ Road Prism, Black Camo with Golf Prizm, White/Gray with Deep Water Prism Polarized.

Couple extra Ruby Prism lenses and the Transitions.

20240325_103016.jpg.dc516cbf0e416b1484d1d2e04afc936a.jpg

The white and deep blue combo is 🔥. Nice collection!

Current WITB:

Reviews:

15 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

That’s a solid line up! I also switch between the G30 (old golf lens) and clear for shooting. I typically do long range so I prefer the clear when getting past 100 yards as the tint doesn’t help me. Definitely post some pictures when you can. I’d love to see the iterations of the Flak 2.0’s you have.

I shoot USPSA, so I'm constantly transitioning between brown targets, brown w/ white no-shoot targets, and white steel targets. So the Ruby Prizm seems to be a really winner with the various colors, especially brown. Anything ruby based works well, really. Golf Prizm isn't too bad as it makes white stand out more. So that's a more Steel-based shooting lens.

14 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

The white and deep blue combo is 🔥. Nice collection!

That combo is my newest as of last year and will get a LOT of work this season as I'm switching to a yellow ball. Oakley said the Deep Water lens is the one for yellow balls, so I grabbed a pair when I found a killer deal on them.

I'm assuming none of these sunglasses you guys have mentioned mess with your depth perception? That's been the reason I haven't worn any on the course. Feel like they've always caused me to affect my swing. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

3 minutes ago, brogies said:

I'm assuming none of these sunglasses you guys have mentioned mess with your depth perception? That's been the reason I haven't worn any on the course. Feel like they've always caused me to affect my swing. 

I personally have never had my depth perception altered with any of the Oakley's I've worn now or in the past. I have to wear sunglasses as my eyes are extremely light sensitive, and these Oakley's have been perfect for many years now.

1 hour ago, brogies said:

I’ve never had a problem especially with the golf lens as they are a little lighter tint. The only time my game has been affected is when I wear more of a lifestyle frame like raybans or some of my other day-to-day Oakley's. The flak 2.0 as a lot of people mentioned to a really good job on the golf course

Current WITB:

Reviews:

1 hour ago, brogies said:

I'm assuming none of these sunglasses you guys have mentioned mess with your depth perception? 

I used to find that on the greens with putting. it just looked different with my sunglasses on but it was probably me. I suppose I got used to it.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Before I had to wear prescription glasses (started about 7 years ago) I was a huge revo brand fan since 1991. Had 3 or 4 pair always kicking around. Always had to have the blue mirror tint in them too.  They offered great wind protection,  and looked really cool with my vaurnet neon t shirt collection. After I started working in extreme outdoor climates, I switched to wrap around style sunglasses. Usually dark mirror or iridium tint .

After prescriptions became my new norm, I had a hard time finding the right fit, with no sun leaking.  Stepped up to a pair of Nike running shaded with progressive lenses and haven't looked back.  And since they are a pretty standard size lens for most of their collection, getting just the lenses replaced has been easy. Frames have held up real well over 5 years now and 3 script changes 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Tried a pair of Oakley Prizm golf glasses but did not like them as it was not always easy to see the ball properly in the air.  I got a pair of Vaurnet sun glasses with yellow lenses similar to yellow shooting lenses.  Easy to see the ball in the air as well as easy to read putts on the greens.  Almost feels like cheating.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

11 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I personally have never had my depth perception altered with any of the Oakley's I've worn now or in the past. I have to wear sunglasses as my eyes are extremely light sensitive, and these Oakley's have been perfect for many years now.

Ditto to every part of this. They’re a part of my phone, keys, wallet, sunglasses check. 

11 hours ago, brogies said:

The polarized lenses are the big culprit when it comes to depth perception issues. Personally, I haven’t noticed any ill effects from wearing polarized, but I’m sure it varies person by person. You can still get a lot of lenses with just the prizm tech and not polarized, like the golf or dark golf. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

On 3/24/2024 at 1:39 PM, Swood1994 said:

I’ve noticed with the sundogs test ongoing, the topic of sunglasses has come up on a few different threads. As some of you have seen me talk about I think worked for Oakley for a few years and have developed a decent collection. Sunglasses are a key piece of equipment in my opinion and something we all see the pros wear. Technology advances and plays a role in helping us see the ball better or even read greens better. They are also a way for us to express ourselves and our style. I’ve definitely changed up a pair to go with a certain golf outfit.

I figured I’d post here what I have and what my favorites are. Hopefully other’s can chime in with some of their favorite brands and styles for the course and for off the course!

Overall collection:

IMG_5816.jpeg.c1231b85e2bf52d5d4f67a30a9796ff5.jpeg

Sports/performance:

• Flak 2.0 XL deep water (blue) prizm polarized 
  • Flak 2.0 XL Prizm golf & Prizm daily polarized
  • Flak Jacket (original) G30 iridium (old golf lens) & Ice Iridium polarized
  • M2 Black Iridium Polarized & clear

IMG_5819.jpg.98670957fd1e9c7d47f285841dba5f77.jpg

Lifestyle plastic frames:

• Frogskin 2016 Rio Olympics edition w/ Prizm daily polarized
  • Custom painted Frogskins with the flying tigers WWII design on the ear stems
  • Twoface navy blue with chrome polarized x2
  • Sean White edition garage rocks
  • Larch squared brown tortoise with black iridium polarized.

IMG_5820.jpg.673dd2335e25eec56cd24a03cd1cfc25.jpg

Lifestyle wire frames:

• Ferrari edition carbon blades (fun fact for car nuts the red paint on these are the same paint on the F1 cars)
  • Tinfoil Carbons
  • Tailpin aviators
  • Holbrook Metal

IMG_5823.jpg.5507771662de7ed41f1a7608b987bafa.jpg

I think my Top 3 out of these are:

1. Flak 2.0 XL: I wear these 99% of the time golfing. 
  2. Latch Squared: classic everyday style. 
  3. Twoface Navy: a discontinued frame color but one of my favorites.

Let’s see everyone else’s styles and favorites for when they are out on the course or just chillin by the pool!

That is quite a collection you have there…jealous!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

21 hours ago, Swood1994 said:

@GolfSpy_KFT the Jupiter squared were the ones that got away for me! I loved those frames and wanted to get them in the woodgrain frames and never pulled the trigger. Good luck with the search, I know Oakley has forums as well where you might be able to find some for sale and not be overly worried about fakes.

The OG M-frames are definitely the baseball frames. Especially with the old fire iridium lens! 

Oh man, fire iridium gives me chills. Love those lenses!

I have always had good luck on eBay due to being overly obsessive about fake/authetic glasses. Did not know there were forums and I am now about to go down the rabbit hole lol

#LeftyGang

20 hours ago, TSauer said:

Oh man, I used to have the same pair! I remember wearing them to prom in high school and thinking they were the coolest. I get a Facebook memory pop up every year with pictures from then, reminding me that I was, in fact, not cool 🤣

Lmao dude, same. Also had a white suit with black pinstripes. 😂

#LeftyGang

For years I always wore polarized Oakley's or Costa sunglasses while playing golf.  Several years ago an eye doctor recommended that I wear polarized sunglasses when spending time in the sun.  Thanks to the aging process and my eyesight getting worse, I now wear a pair of Oakley bifocals with transition lenses.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

1 hour ago, David Leighton Reid said:

For years I always wore polarized Oakley's or Costa sunglasses while playing golf.  Several years ago an eye doctor recommended that I wear polarized sunglasses when spending time in the sun.  Thanks to the aging process and my eyesight getting worse, I now wear a pair of Oakley bifocals with transition lenses.  

Nice! I have to say it’s amazing how far the advancements in sunglasses have come to be able to include transitions and progressive lenses in a stylish and functional sports frame. 

Current WITB:

Reviews:

Off the course: Oakley Valve (black frames with dark grey polarized lenses)

On the course: Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 (black frames with Prizm golf lenses)

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Growing up in Western New York, we really didn't need sunglasses as the sun never came out for a decent amount of time!  Eventually, I had a few pairs of Ray-Bans (including the standard Wayfarers).  After moving to Key West, sunglasses were not a luxury but a necessity!  By then, my eye sight changed enough to where I needed progressive lenses.  It was a battle between finding a frame that would not only take my prescription, but wrap around enough to maximize protection from the sun.  I ended up with Ray-Ban Predator 2's with brown polarized lenses.  I had that frame with updated prescriptions for almost 20 years.  

At my last fall's eye exam, I asked if I should go single vision or progressive lenses when playing golf.  Without hesitation the doctor and fitter said single vision.  So, I got both prescriptions.  I didn't want to invest too much in both regular and sunglasses so I got a pair of regular single vision glasses online with Hop Optical.  Great glasses with all the add-ons for $79.  For sunglasses, I went with REKS Sling blade frames with the golf Trivex color boosting single vision lenses.  

image.png.3b7475d7edde1dee077f6abcf6a3f619.png

On a Black Friday deal, I got them for $179.  The single vision lenses only come out for golf.  Any other situations, I revert to my Ray-Ban progressive lenses.  

The upside is that I believe the single vision gives me more flexibility in positing my head and keeping the ball in focus (especially lifting my head and still being to see the ball clearly).  The Sling Blade lenses wrap around and provide decent protection.  I do wish they were just a little taller lenses as they don't fully cover my face.  The downside is that it's tougher to see the scorecard.  That's easily fixed by looking over or under the lenses. Overall, I feel I've played better with the single vision lenses versus the progressive.  

With the experiment completed, I dare say I'll stay with the single vision.  I like this thread and I can see what success others have had with the golf-related sunglasses so when I'm ready for an upgrade, I'll be better prepared!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4