AutoFlex Dream7 Driver Shafts - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main threads in the links below!

@chisag - Main Post 

@KC Golf - Main Post 

@BallsLeon - Main Post 

@Kenny B -  Main Post 

@ZMendle10 - Main Post 

@Jean D - Main Post 

@nvizble1 - Main Post 

@Golfspy_CG2 - Main Post

Posted (edited)

Added shaft weights and pics to my main post. Lightest to heaviest: shaft + TM adapter + GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo w/ single tape, NO head. All shafts cut to 45.75"

1-Tensei AV Blue Limited 60R 128g

20240505_193136.jpg.4a8d1059baa1050292f33fa58da69cba.jpg

2- Autoflex Dream 7 SF405x 139g

20240505_193014.jpg.8eb5368ab68332fa007090c184a0392a.jpg

3- C6 Blue (2022) 65S 153g

20240505_192812.jpg.25b77ebda650ff5a527c7d3314a97b88.jpg

TM Qi10Max head: 199g

20240505_194224.jpg

Edited by Jean D

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

On 5/4/2024 at 2:41 AM, Autoflexusa said:

Good to hear….FYI, being one of the original founders of Pure Grip's, hoping to see this combination work..lol

I've been using Pure grips for more than 10 years.  Love 'em.  Sad to see them out of business.  

The Golf Pride grip that came with the AF Dream 7 shaft is about 10 grams lighter than the Pure Pro midsize.  This is why the swingweight is C9 instead of D1-D2.  I don't have an issue with this swingweight, but I may add weight to the head to compensate.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

I've been using Pure grips for more than 10 years.  Love 'em.  Sad to see them out of business.  

The Golf Pride grip that came with the AF Dream 7 shaft is about 10 grams lighter than the Pure Pro midsize.  This is why the swingweight is C9 instead of D1-D2.  I don't have an issue with this swingweight, but I may add weight to the head to compensate.

I was very disappointed to see them shut the doors with notice or anything…it was a sad day..

Miura Irons

PING Driver

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I will also note two differences in ball flight.  Most noticeably, the ball is flying higher than my typical ball flight.  I have always been able to flight a ball lower, but struggled to get the ball higher when I wanted.  I don't seem to have that issue with the AF Epic combo, and I can still hit a lower shot if I need (well, maybe excluding the punch shot at this time 😂

I am always looking for more height out of my driver as well. This could prove to be an expensive thread for me.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

On 5/4/2024 at 5:41 AM, Autoflexusa said:

Good to hear….FYI, being one of the original founders of Pure Grip's, hoping to see this combination work..lol

Tough market these days... All the main OEM's seem to be filling up on GP grips and or Lamkins.  Anything else, doesn't get enough purchasing by their buyers.  Which is unfortunate, because there are MANY good grips that honestly rival and or are better than the two aforementioned ones.  Pure Grips being one of them that was a quality selection.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

That's a big difference in yardage!!  

On that miss on #3... there is water all down the left side of the fairway that also run in front of the green.  I normally don't go left; generally a slight fade.  The second shot is tough for me as it's all carry over the pond and a mishit into the water usually follows a poor tee shot like that.  Flushed it onto the green!!

After a par 3 #4, my next opportunity to hit driver is #5 par 5.  I usually land the ball into an upslope that kills distance, so my latest miss on this hole is to swing out of my shoes to get past the upslope.  That puts me around/in a group of trees; staring double in the face!  I made a nice smooth swing and the ball went straight down the fairway, over the upslope area, and down the backside of the slope.  I was on the NEXT upslope in the fairway... about 25 yards ahead of my usual shot.  Now I have hit the ball to the same location with my stock Epic Max, but only with a tailwind.  If anything, I had a slight headwind and still got to the green in 3 shots... very rare for me on this 525 yard hole into the typical 15-25mph wind.

There is a par 5 on one of our courses that i usually dont reach in 3—515 yards.  

i’ll save the long story of why.  But any tee shot less than 200 you are likely laying up to about 180 out or risk going into a big environmental area hazard.  Id you can ger 220 or more you’ll be in position to carry that hazard and have no more than 130 in and likely closer fo 80 to 100. 

Anxious to get on that one with the shaft 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just to add to the recent comments (and I'll be updating my review post as well), I had to slow my swing way down, but BOY, was I impressed with the distance and the trajectory! The ball seemed to pop off the face and fly! I don't have a monitor, but I use the same range most of the time and I can tell I got much more carry off the tee.

Maybe I should try playing left handed!

Posted (edited)

Played a first round after work today and got some pretty good drives with the SF405x- equipped Qi10 Max. Best drive was a 246yd fade that got buried in the very wet ground and took a while to find...which the bugs were quite happy about! Note to self: BRING BUG SPRAY!!!!! No data beyond phone golf app for distances.

Screenshot_20240506_203638_MyTaylorMadeOnCourse.jpg.550e4c5054d9724a601d8f567ec96f44.jpg

The shaft is starting to grow on me!!

Edited by Jean D
You guessed it- more typo’s!

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

23 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

@Autoflexusa I was absolutely heartbroken to hear that Pure grips was going to be no more and I stocked up on the DTX midsize without any regard for the color. There isn't a single grip out there like it and I made sure I'm good for years to come.

image.png.d0c536025bbf4e793290de930f51636a.png

The story behind the DTX is that our machines couldn’t run a cord material without clogging the machine. I designed this grip specifically to try get to as much traction as possible.:it is a great grip…I might be biased though..

Miura Irons

PING Driver

57 minutes ago, Autoflexusa said:

The story behind the DTX is that our machines couldn’t run a cord material without clogging the machine. I designed this grip specifically to try get to as much traction as possible.:it is a great grip…I might be biased though..

Thank you for this grip!  I've used the DTX since it came out.  I still have enough DTX grips to regrip a set of clubs, but last fall I opted for the Pure Pro, and changed out the grips.  I like the Pure Pro and it's easier on my gloveless, aged hands; but I might switch back.  Nice to be able to do that easily with air install.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

One note from my round yesterday:  I am finding my ball flight to be higher than with my other 2 shafts - even knowing my ball of choice (TM TP5x) is a higher launching ball.  It's not a bad thing, just something to be aware of.  More outdoor range sessions with the MLM2 Pro after work today before the rain settles in for the rest of the week 😞

So while I await my Dream 7 to arrive I went out to one of our par 5 this afternoon before the evening leagues went out and hit some drives with the OG AutoFlex in my AiSmoke TD.  

I tracked them with the GHIN GPS app. I Was really amazed at these 3 out of 5 balls.  The other two hooked left but were still over 210 yards.   
Keep in mind. My typical drives with my TSR Graphite Design are 188 to 195 usually. 

IMG_0812.png

IMG_0811.png

IMG_0810.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 5/6/2024 at 8:50 PM, Autoflexusa said:

You should be both biased and proud. I started using it in like 2019 and haven't gone back since. 

Driver:   TSR3 8°, set to B1, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 6TX 

3 Wood: SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid:  CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 9X

2 Utility:  ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°:  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60°  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  Mezz1 Max

Ball:  Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

Unofficial TSR3 Review

Fresh off the heels of my trip I was back at it getting some swings in with the Dream 7. I headed off to the Golfcave early this morning and got plenty of swings in to start figuring out the shaft. I wanted to test the driver length at full length as well as choked up about 3/4ish of an inch which would bring the playing length to somewhere between 45.5in and 45.75in which is where all my drivers are currently at.

Full Trackman report can be found here for anyone who really wants to dive in but lets go over the highlights. with first being overall the numbers and dispersion are pretty similar. I hit 55 shots at full length and 35 shots choked up with only editing out one shot from the full length the dispersion circles are pretty much on top of each other.

image.png.5f226109b7a74304134c9a862f2890b9.png

image.png.9a1d47d0ecaec6d64be09cf43810607c.png

Honestly from this test and large of a data pool it would be hard to notice a difference on the course. One thing that me is the center grouping of the standard length. I really started to find a groove and it shows. 

Now removing about half the shots from each gives us a good idea about what the good ones between the two are doing and we start to see them separate from each other a bit more. With the standard length we have about 24 shots and with the choked up grouping we have 17 useable shots.

image.png.9101dcadc5525653bd50776d8c064626.png

image.png.ee1d76f05e6c98632a956dc9eee51d70.png

image.png.67eaaed604350f3f8e5cf2b718052a47.png

The shorter is still marginally faster on club and ball but the spin is much higher giving a higher but floatier flight compared to standard length.  So right now the standard length is the winner and I think I am on to something with getting a feel for the shaft because the red dispersion circle is tight and can't be ignored. 

2 final thoughts

1) my theory on lost efficiency because of club path was correct as we are seeing a much much more neutral path compared to the fitting and much higher efficiency on the good strikes.

2) We are closing in on the 180mph ball speed goal. This shaft has the potential so it's not a matter of if it happens but when it will happen.

image.png.012c6ab7ccdd699b5283c2d2b35b6d0b.png

image.png

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Unofficial TSR3 Review

Posted (edited)

Love all the data @ZMendle10! Interesting that the longer shaft was finding the center of the face more, is your usual shot shape a draw?

Also, that website GolfCave built to display all your Trackman results is fantastic! I've only been able to see Trackman data in the mobile app, and after a recent update it's been kinda hard to read.

Edit: Wow! It also captures swing video for each shot too, really cool!

Edited by BallsLeon

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (45")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Utility: :Sub70:699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
Irons: :titleist-small:T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Posted (edited)

When @Golfspy_CG2 suggested a pause at the top of my back-swing before the transition, it sounded like a good idea... now that I see video replay (ignore the glow-in-the-dark pale legs!), holy moly does the tip flex a LOT...I understand the WHY of the pause!!! Starting to get more comfortable with the shaft and working up my club head speed and ball speed... now to combine the two and get some distance!

Screenshot_20240508_062055_VideoPlayer.jpg.f8da7300acf46ab4f8fcf04aaa522232.jpg

Edited by Jean D

14 minutes ago, Jean D said:

When @Golfspy_CG2 suggested a pause at the top of my back-swing before the transition, it sounded like a good idea... now that I see video replay (ignore the glow-in-the-dark pale legs!), holy moly does the tip flex a LOT...I understand the WHY of the pause!!! Starting to get more comfortable with the shaft and working up my club head speed and ball speed... now to combine the two and get some distance!

Screenshot_20240508_062055_VideoPlayer.jpg.f8da7300acf46ab4f8fcf04aaa522232.jpg

The camera always add an extra 10 degree's...LOL

Miura Irons

PING Driver

2 hours ago, Autoflexusa said:

The camera always add an extra 10 degree's...LOL

Or 30lbs in my case... LOL

4 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

Fresh off the heels of my trip I was back at it getting some swings in with the Dream 7. I headed off to the Golfcave early this morning and got plenty of swings in to start figuring out the shaft. I wanted to test the driver length at full length as well as choked up about 3/4ish of an inch which would bring the playing length to somewhere between 45.5in and 45.75in which is where all my drivers are currently at.

Full Trackman report can be found here for anyone who really wants to dive in but lets go over the highlights. with first being overall the numbers and dispersion are pretty similar. I hit 55 shots at full length and 35 shots choked up with only editing out one shot from the full length the dispersion circles are pretty much on top of each other.

image.png.5f226109b7a74304134c9a862f2890b9.png

image.png.9a1d47d0ecaec6d64be09cf43810607c.png

Honestly from this test and large of a data pool it would be hard to notice a difference on the course. One thing that me is the center grouping of the standard length. I really started to find a groove and it shows. 

Now removing about half the shots from each gives us a good idea about what the good ones between the two are doing and we start to see them separate from each other a bit more. With the standard length we have about 24 shots and with the choked up grouping we have 17 useable shots.

image.png.9101dcadc5525653bd50776d8c064626.png

image.png.ee1d76f05e6c98632a956dc9eee51d70.png

image.png.67eaaed604350f3f8e5cf2b718052a47.png

The shorter is still marginally faster on club and ball but the spin is much higher giving a higher but floatier flight compared to standard length.  So right now the standard length is the winner and I think I am on to something with getting a feel for the shaft because the red dispersion circle is tight and can't be ignored. 

2 final thoughts

1) my theory on lost efficiency because of club path was correct as we are seeing a much much more neutral path compared to the fitting and much higher efficiency on the good strikes.

2) We are closing in on the 180mph ball speed goal. This shaft has the potential so it's not a matter of if it happens but when it will happen.

image.png.012c6ab7ccdd699b5283c2d2b35b6d0b.png

image.png

Holy heck!!!! Those are some pretty insane numbers!!

27 minutes ago, Jean D said:

Or 30lbs in my case... LOL

... I am reminded of the Friends episode when Monica was in high school and very over weight and they were watching a video of the Prom and Monica said she wasn't that big, the camera adds 10 lbs and Chandler replied "How many cameras were on you?" 🤣

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

4 hours ago, Jean D said:

Holy heck!!!! Those are some pretty insane numbers!!

It's got some pop for sure and I'm very happy to start seeing the efficiency climb up. 

8 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Love all the data @ZMendle10! Interesting that the longer shaft was finding the center of the face more, is your usual shot shape a draw?

Also, that website GolfCave built to display all your Trackman results is fantastic! I've only been able to see Trackman data in the mobile app, and after a recent update it's been kinda hard to read.

Edit: Wow! It also captures swing video for each shot too, really cool!

I think a lot of the center dispersion with the standard length was me finding a solid groove with the AutoFlex and just riding that wave towards the end of the session. 

I think trackman does this for all reports but not the app. It's such an intuitive tool and way to look thorugh a session on your own time. And they don't really expire which is also great so I can always go back to them as well.

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Unofficial TSR3 Review

Posted (edited)

Got it trimmed today and my grip and Arccos sensor installed.  It looks great.  The length is Titleist TSR spec of 25.5”.  Set it to D0 for now with the grip set logo up with my C2 driver setting. Looks great. Really like the colour of the Dream 7 in black with green.  Have a TXG / Club Champion session on Friday afternoon to dial it in.

IMG_7939.jpeg.81dece40d8356facbde7d29a20e70df3.jpeg

IMG_7940.jpeg.10b6a45a5e239179a65cb948a5d035c0.jpeg

Edited by KC Golf

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

37 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

Got it trimmed today and my grip and Arccos sensor installed.  It looks great.  Set it to D0 for now with the grip set logo up with my C1 driver setting. Looks great. Really like the colour of the Dream 7 in black with green.  Have a TXG / Club Champion session on Friday afternoon to dial it in.

The black/green combo is so so so good. Excited to hear how the CC session goes!

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1

41 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

Got it trimmed today and my grip and Arccos sensor installed.  It looks great.  Set it to D0 for now with the grip set logo up with my C1 driver setting. Looks great. Really like the colour of the Dream 7 in black with green.  Have a TXG / Club Champion session on Friday afternoon to dial it in.

Tell them to buy some dang Autoflex!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Miura Irons

PING Driver

18 minutes ago, Autoflexusa said:

Tell them to buy some dang Autoflex!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

FWIW - Kevin Kraft is my fitter, and he's likely going to game the OG Autoflex this year. I'm sure he'd be open to playing one 🙂 Hit me up if you want his email address.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz.1