Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

Just Arrived - Adams Speedline Super S Fairway

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

You've seen the drivers. You've seen the hybrids. Now it's time for you to take a look at the fairways. The Super S line generally has more of a GI slant than the LS series. That said, there's absolutely nothing bulky about the head. I'm looking at another upcoming release (which I'm not supposed to mention), and call tell you that the footprints are similar, though the Adams appears a bit more rounded.

Unlike the LS (which we haven't seen yet), the Super S has a steel face (Titanium in the LS). CT is still incredibly high:

"The SUPER S fairway wood features a Cut-Thru Slot in the sole of the club to create an ultra hot face for incredible ball speeds. The CT (Characteristic Time) of the face is up to 230 – the equivalent of most drivers on the market today."

AdamsSuperSFairway-1.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-2.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-3.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-4.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-5.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-6.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-7.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-8.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-9.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-10.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-11.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-12.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-13.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-14.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-15.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-16.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-17.jpg

AdamsSuperSFairway-18.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

The more I see these pictures the more I don't mind (maybe even like?) the crown graphics. I'll have to wait and see if the TMaG grows on me the same way, but the muted grey and red combo doesn't look bad at all.

Any plans to put this through the same testing procedure as the last fairway shootout? No need to re-do all the awards, but I'd love to see how it stacks up under the same conditions.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

At what point does TMaG just buy Matrix and be done with it? Fold D. You into the R&D team, etc.

TMaGs 2012 stock stuff with one exception that I'm aware of is all non-Matrix. With the Adams lineup it's largely "developed for..." stuff.

It does seem that the shaft market is pretty solidly divided between The Big Boys, and the not-so-big boys with some individual guys (Talamonti, XCalibur, USPG) fighting for whatever bit of market they can nibble)

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

TMaGs 2012 stock stuff with one exception that I'm aware of is all non-Matrix. With the Adams lineup it's largely "developed for..." stuff.

It does seem that the shaft market is pretty solidly divided between The Big Boys, and the not-so-big boys with some individual guys (Talamonti, XCalibur, USPG) fighting for whatever bit of market they can nibble)

The F12 LS has an aftermarket Fubuki, not made for. The 2013 LS has an aftermarket Kurkage, not made for. So not really sure where you're coming with the Adams stuff being made for. All of their flagship stuff seems to have aftermarket stuff.

• SPY VIP

The F12 LS has an aftermarket Fubuki, not made for. The 2013 LS has an aftermarket Kurkage, not made for. So not really sure where you're coming with the Adams stuff being made for. All of their flagship stuff seems to have aftermarket stuff.

I was speaking specifically to Matrix offerings in the 2013 lineup. As you know, the Kuro Kage is a Diamana product. The LS stuff is 'real', the Super S stuff (Matrix) is real(ly) unique to Adams.

Real, or not real, I will say that I have at times been frustrated with Adams as it relates to their shaft selection. They at times seem so wrapped up in the idea of providing higher-end shafts, they completely miss the boat on the notion that no shaft (regardless of the aftermarket sticker price) is a really good fit for everyone. Things like the Matrix Black Tie..yeah...it's a great shaft for the less than 10% of the population that it actually fits. My point in all of this ranting is that I'd rather see them emphasize fitting a bit more, offer more variety as stock options, and focus a bit less on simply offering higher cost aftermarket solutions with name appeal.

Archived