Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cobra AMP Cell Pro (Blue) w/ GD Tour AD-BB

• SPY VIP

As I've probably made clear between a few different forum threads and our Golf's Most Wanted Driver Test, I'm a big fan of the Cobra AMP Cell Pro Driver (I think it's the best feeling driver I've hit in 2013), but I'm not a big fan of the MRC Kuro Kage shaft. The model Cobra selected as stock is too light for me, and for lack of more concrete evidence (other than my numbers with it during the test), I don't like it...not even a little.

Fortunately a highly-placed source (I always wanted to use that slightly pretentious phrase), sent me a couple of different shafts to try. The first one is the Graphite Design Tour AD BB-7X shaft. It's billed as low launch/low spin. I probably (ok definitely) won't get to hit it until tomorrow, and while these photos are admittedly gratuitous, you have to admit that the shaft looks absolutely awesome paired with the blue AMP Cell Pro Head.

It's like they were made for each other. Hopefully it works as if it were made for me.

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Blue Graphite Design Tour AD-BB-0.jpg

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Blue Graphite Design Tour AD-BB-2.jpg

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Blue Graphite Design Tour AD-BB-3.jpg

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Blue Graphite Design Tour AD-BB-4.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Hot damn!!! I love the combo and can't wait to hear your thoughts on the shaft!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

• SPY VIP

Looks great.

I really like how you have ball marks on the face of the driver everywhere except the center ;)

Look closer...with a couple of exceptions (not saying I never miss) the perimeter stuff is dirt and what not.

I use a sharpie to mark a line on the ball, The orange (reddish brown) ink at or near the center of the face...that's from my ball.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

That is a good looking combo. What else did they send to try?

My when-all-else-fails shaft... Matrix 7m3

Look closer...with a couple of exceptions (not saying I never miss) the perimeter stuff is dirt and what not.

I use a sharpie to mark a line on the ball, The orange (reddish brown) ink at or near the center of the face...that's from my ball.

Just messing with you. Can't wait to hear the results. I agree with you completely on the shaft.

Another interesting combo might be the BiMatrix if you have one of those around, that would look slick.

That's one nice looking combo!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I might hate you a little on the inside right now.

I had an excellent session with a demo head the over day in Orange with the DI6. Not only is the colour a perfect match, that shaft seems to pair really well with the head. If I had the funds not tied up elsewhere, the 913 would have been offed/swapped. It's the first time I've gotten good spin numbers from a driver head that was the Pro/Tour version offered by the company. Delicious feel as well. Better then the ZLE which I thought I'd never say.

Meanwhile, when are you going to get your Cobra peep's to nab one of the Tour ZLE's in Blue. I know Blixt is rocking one and I believe Anna is as well. That is a DAMN fine looking club.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I'm all in!

That just may be my next Driver.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just messing with you. Can't wait to hear the results. I agree with you completely on the shaft.

Another interesting combo might be the BiMatrix if you have one of those around, that would look slick.

I was thinking the same thing about the bimatrix blue shaft, I have that on my R11S, and I it looks nice, It would probably look even nicer on the Amp Cell.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• SPY VIP

Pics didn't come out great and my yard is crap (turns out grass doesn't like to grow on sand), but regardless, here's the Black and Blue.

Cobra AMP CELL Pro Driver - 7m3-4.jpg

Cobra AMP CELL Pro Driver - 7m3-2.jpg

Cobra AMP CELL Pro Driver - 7m3-1.jpg

Cobra AMP CELL Pro Driver - 7m3-3.jpg

• SPY VIP

Where's the red grip, white shaft, red head Canadian version?

Not for anything, the blue head with the AD-BB got me thinking about how the red would look with a Matrix 7q3.

Matching shafts with heads is the future...

• SPY VIP

Damn, I like it. I need to go hit that club again.

So far it's working. Hit one about 310 last night. Granted, I had a tail wind, and caught the downhill side of a slope, but 300 is always 300...even if it's into the woods, or a pond, or an adjoining property.

So far it's working. Hit one about 310 last night. Granted, I had a tail wind, and caught the downhill side of a slope, but 300 is always 300...even if it's into the woods, or a pond, or an adjoining property.

How true! I would need some cart path help for 300 ala Louis Oosthuizen!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

In your free time, I'd love to hear your thoughts about before and after custom fitting on the drivers in that test if you also try out others besides the amp cell pro.

• SPY VIP

In your free time, I'd love to hear your thoughts about before and after custom fitting on the drivers in that test if you also try out others besides the amp cell pro.

In the next couple of weeks when (hopefully) things calm down a little bit I'm going to hit the driver on the Flightscope with all 3 shafts (7m3, AD BB, and Stock Kuro Kage), and see what the numbers look like. It should be pointed out that this wasn't a true custom fit. As it usually is we talked about what I was seeing, and what's worked in the past, and made an educated guess (based on Cobra's own testing with different shafts) as to what might work well.

In the next couple of weeks when (hopefully) things calm down a little bit I'm going to hit the driver on the Flightscope with all 3 shafts (7m3, AD BB, and Stock Kuro Kage), and see what the numbers look like. It should be pointed out that this wasn't a true custom fit. As it usually is we talked about what I was seeing, and what's worked in the past, and made an educated guess (based on Cobra's own testing with different shafts) as to what might work well.

Sweet. I understand it's not a true custom fit, but it's pretty darn close and very close to what a lot of us on the forums do.

Just realized something...does Cobra offer the Pro driver in blue to the public?

Yes! Not as an off the rack choice, but any Cobra partner can custom order it.

What we can't get the Blue ZL Encore which would be sweet.

Red, white and red Canadian driver eh MBP? That sounds like a fantastic idea. Maybe a Amp Cell with the Kiyoshi White and a red Iomic or a Dance with Dragon to keep the reptile theme? Now that, would be a hawt driver. Probably pushing 7 bills though depending on the cost of the Kiyoshi from Cobra.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived