Your TOP 3 Flat Sticks of all time

Interesting thread - sadly I only have one, count them one putter that I truly liked and have never, ever thought of parting with.

It's my current one - Never Comprimise Vodoo Daddy.

I've had tons of putters in my life - that's the only one I'm bagging.

Do you think our putter monogamy has to do with our profession?

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Do you think our putter monogamy has to do with our profession?

:)

I'm sure that's it. Nothing at all to do with a lack of aptitude for putting on my part. B)

I have had some sort of Ping that I was okay with but frankly it got stolen from my trunk too early in its career for me to know for certain - I also had a Taylor Made Monza Rossa that I like well enough to not throw at something for around two seasons.

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

:)

I'm sure that's it. Nothing at all to do with a lack of aptitude for putting on my part. B)

I love my putter because with it I have putting aptitude. 27 putts today! 4 putts the first four holes. Maryland comes through again.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Wilson 8802: Bought one on my 15th birthday with my own hard earned money and was making everything with it. It had the old leather wrap grip and there was something about that particular putter where the weight was just perfect for me. I can honestly say I went an entire summer without missing a putt inside 5 feet with that putter. It was flat out incredible. Then somebody stole it out of my bag one day as I went to eat some lunch. Every other 8802 I tried just didn't have it.

PING B61: I wasn't quite as good with this as the 8802, but I would make a ton of putts with it. The hosel was more towards the end. What's funny is that my Edel has a similar design to the B61, which indicates to me that the B61 just fitted my aim well.

Maxfli Tad Moore: I had a special design that was given to me and this looked like a cross between the B61 and a Newport model. It was a real pretty putter and I drained everything with it. I traded it in for a Mizuno Scotty Cameron and putted well with that. Not sure what happened to that Mizuno Scotty Cameron. Wish I still had them both as they would be worth a few hundred dollars a piece.

3JACK

I Had forgotten about the old B-61 until you mentioned it. There was a rumor in the late 60s early 70s that some of the 8802 putters were made from a different grade and type of steel and that there were a few made in that lot and they were outstanding but there was no sure fired way to tell them apart perhaps yours was one of them. I hate that it was stolen

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

I know one I should've kept that I didn't... My Squareback 1 I had. Regret that one.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 1 month later...

Wilson Augusta, I'm playing it right now and all bullseye model putters are my favorite. Second would be a odyssey white hot xg 2.0 #1 I use to own. Third would be a putter I want but have not owned...the yes! sophia man I love that putter.

• 7 years later...
On 6/26/2013 at 11:40 AM, Walkerjames said:

Great thread Hula mine are similar to yours

Nike method 001- current gamer

Rife Aussie IBF

SC Monterey

Aussie was my gamer for years. I still have it.

Good grief, I have owned probably more than 65-70 putters in my golf life.  Some on a small collectors side, and most on the play side.  Most of the putters I tried to play didn't last long and were quickly sold or traded off.  Here are my top 3.

1) Byron Morgan Epic Day custom (long pipe welded neck, copper plated carbon steel)

2) TP Mills made for tour (2012) - Tour bag Huey (custom weld neck).  I sold this putter last year because this one deserves to be gamed.

3) TP Mills Heritage custom

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7938.jpg

Heritage 1.jpg

Edited by RobotDoctor

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

Probably the last three I've owned. I don't swap flat sticks very often.

1. Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Current Gamer)

2. Mizuno Bettinardi Black Carbon BC5 (Gamed 2010-2018)

3. Ping Sigma G Kushin (Gamed 2018-2019)

:ping-small: G410 LST 9° Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi X-Stiff
:ping-small: G410 17° hybrid, X stiff
:taylormade-small:  M1 20.5°  hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X-flex
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12