Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Nike Golf Master's Scripting

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

“We listen to our athletes to understand what is going to make them feel most comfortable and confident so that they can play their best,” says Merritt Richardson, VP Global Golf Apparel. “Those insights are helping us deliver innovations that address what matters most to golfers – maximized range of motion, minimal distractions and supreme comfort, all while showcasing a modern look of golf that enhances the athletic form.”

2014_Masters_Scripting_PR_original.jpg

McIlroy will sport the new Lightweight Innovation Color polo ($75) all four days of the tournament in a range of bold and confident colors. The ultra-lightweight polo features bonded shoulder seams; laser-cut armholes, placket and pocket; and perforated collar for breathability and cooling. The two-time Major champion will pair each polo with the Modern Tech Pant ($80), Tour Mesh Cap ($30), Modern Plaque Belt ($50) and Nike Lunar Control footwear ($200). Driver and ball: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour driver and Nike RZN Black ball.

One of my favorite shirts in the nike lineup (really just like the pocket design). I'm partial to the blue, but that might be because I don't have it...or that I've been largely partial to blue lately. What I'm less partial to is the same shirt 4 days in a row. Nike has 10,000 (and that's a low estimate) shirts to choose from, and they script like a 26 year old single guy ("I like this...I guess I'll buy 4 of them). The Lightweight Innovation Polo is the signature Nike shirt of 2014, so even if I don't fully support it, I understand.

2014_Masters_Scripting_PR2_original.jpg

Watney will suit up in apparel from the Nike Tour Performance collection. He'll sport the Innovation Color Block polo; Innovation Season Stripe polo ($70); and the Innovation Protect polo ($70), featuring spandex Dri-FIT jersey material for stretch and mobility. He'll pair each top with the Flat Front Tech pant, Innovation Woven Cover-up, Flat Bill Tour cap, Signature Swoosh Logo Cutout II belt and Nike Lunar Control footwear. Driver and ball: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 driver and Nike RZN Platinum ball.

Still like the blue, but the Friday shirt is killer. I don't wear a ton of black (I'm getting older and fatter, so I'm starting to), but this one is my favorite of the few black shirts in my closet.

2014_Masters_Scripting_PR3_original.jpg

The 2014 Honda Classic winner will wear lightweight looks from the Nike Tour Performance collection, including: The Ultra Polo 2.0 ($65); Core Body Mapping Polo ($65); and the Nike Ultra Stripe Polo 2.0 ($60). If temperatures are chilly, Henley can warm up the new Nike Innovation Woven Cover-up ($120), featuring a woven body and 3D engineered knit sleeve construction. He'll sport the Flat Front Tech pant ($80), Tall Tour Visor ($24) and Signature Swoosh Logo Cutout II Belt ($45), and will lace up in Nike Lunar Control footwear. Driver and ball: Nike VRS STR8-FIT driver and Nike RZN Black ball.

Red pants? Yes please. I'm a fan of Sunday top to bottom as well. My hairline is not sufficient to support a vizor.

2014_Masters_Scripting_PR4_original.jpg

In the hunt for his first major championship, Molinari will wear four different polos from the Nike Tour Performance collection, including the Ultra Polo 2.0 featuring stretchy Dri-FIT material and full range-of-motion construction built to move with his body through the swing. He'll also sport the Flat Front Tech pant, Innovation Woven Cover-up, Tour Mesh Cap, Nike Reversible Belt ($45) and TW'14 footwear. Driver and ball: Nike Covert 2.0 driver and Nike RZN Black ball.

No, No, Red pants (YES!), Pittsburgh Pirates semi-casual alternate uniform?

2014_Masters_Scripting_PR5_original.jpg

The 2011 Masters champion will sport a range of lightweight polos in greys, blacks and whites, with the exception being his Innovation Cool polo in Purple Fade ($65) on Saturday. The Innovation Cool polo is constructed with 100 percent Dri-FIT jersey material to keep Schwartzel cool and dry on the course. He'll round out his arsenal with the Flat Front Tech pant, Innovation Woven Cover-up, Tour Mesh cap, Nike Reversible belt and Lunar Control footwear. Driver and ball: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour driver and Nike ONE Tour D ball.

Name 4 outfits you'd wear to a Actuarial Convention...Schwartzel's look is equally at home on the golf course, or in your living room...trying to sell you a Kirby vacuum. Some small amount of credit for appropriate use of the Lunar Clayton.

2014_Masters_Scripting_PR6_original.jpg

Olesen will play the first round in Nike's Sport Chest Pocket polo ($70) with a slim-fit design for a modern, versatile look. He'll follow that with the Innovation Color Block polo ($70) and mobility-enhanced Ultra Polo 2.0. Olesen will pair each polo with the Nike Flat Front Tech pant, Innovation Woven Cover-up, Flat Bill Tour Cap ($30), Square Perforated Reversible Belt ($55) and Nike Lunar Control shoes. Driver and ball: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Tour driver and Nike RZN Black ball.

Thorbjorn Olesen FTW! Absolutely nothing here I'd hesitate to wear. I'd say I'd script myself this way, but I've never pulled it together this way for 4 straight days. This is Nike's best effort for the Masters. It really shouldn't even be open for discussion.

What Say You?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Nice, but I never really liked the extended collar look from nike

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I think that you guys forgot somebody...

Tiger-2014scripting.jpg

Too soon???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

:lol:

Thanks for the giggle Nic

Any time...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I like Olesen's setup...........gotta go for some Color!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived