GolfSpy Barbajo

TESTERS ANNOUNCED - Cobra FLyZ, FlyZ+ Fairway Woods!

Hi there, I probably won't qualify being in Australia but...if I do qualify would love to have a crack at the job.

Handicap: 7.3

Current Fairway wood: Mizuno JPX 850 3 wood stiff flex.

bag.jpg

bag2.jpg

• Like 1

5 Handicap, Trending to a 4

Currently playing either a Ping G30 (14.5) or Adams newer Tight Lies Titanium (13.5)

3 wood is currently the weak part of my game. I use the Ping when playing a short tight course (good off the tee) or the Adams on longer courses (good from the fairway and rough) but have not found the club for me that does both.

I am definitely in......

Current Handicap: 17.1

Fairway Wood: Cobra Bio Cell with Project Xv Regular Shaft:  3W @ 14.5* & 5W @ 17* .

Awesome opportunity! Glad to see Cobra making waves...

I hit a fairway wood like once every five rounds so I will not be applying, but thanks again for the opportunity!

Current Handicap: Scratch, trending to +1

Current fairway wood:  Titleist 913f at 17* with stiff shaft

mms_picture (1).jpg

Handicap:  11.7

Current Fairway 1:  Adams XTD Ti 3W with stiff shaft

Current Fairway (2nd):  Adams Tight Lies 5W with stiff shaft

Hi there! How about a lady golfer!!!

Handicap:  9

Current Fairway woods:  Titleist 913f, and Callaway XR

Handicap: 11

Current 3 wood : Tour Edge Exotics 15* XCG5 with an RIP Beta Stiff 70.

Just for fyi my Current Driver is the Bio Cell but soon to be Fly Z! I tried to win one in the guess the three categories before the results came in but only got the Most Wanted Category! Thanks for the Opportunity!

Don't have a picture of my bag, but I have been trying to find a worthy replacement for my current 3 wood for 2 years and can't find anything that I hit more consistently!

Handicap: 9

3 wood: Taylormade r9: Diamana Blue Board 80 Stiff flex

My handicap is 13.

I am currently trying 2 clubs, my Nike VR pro 3 wood Diamana 75 gram reg shaft,  the other my buddy is letting me try is a Taylor Made r11s RIP phenom stiff flex.  I'm looking for more consistency and control.

GetAttachment.jpg

I'd love to take a stab at these. 3 wood is my least favorite club. I don't get along with mine.

Handicap:14

Fairway wood: ping anser 3 stiff shaft

Remember gang -- to be considered, you MUST post a picture of your golf bag!

I'm a 5.0 handicap that has always struggled to find a consistent fairway metal.  I flip flop between a TourEdge Exotics CB2 and an OG TM RBZ standard head--both in stock stiff flex.  Cobra has always interested me because they seem to make heads that are a nice blend of tee and fairway performance.  I'd love to give this club a go!

Remember gang -- to be considered, you MUST post a picture of your golf bag!

Not very many people interested in entering this one...

DON'T FORGET THIS ;)

post-872-042977600%201373236466.jpg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Brad Ziel

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      (5) Testers Announced:
      Cobra Connect Challenge II

The Full Bag Edition

Please read this one carefully gang, as it's a BIGGIE!!! And it's more than just a club review - it's a season long experiment in golf improvement.

Welcome to MyGolfSpy's 2nd annual Cobra Connect Challenge - and we're making it bigger and better than ever.  We're looking for FIVE of you to spend the rest of the golf season with a full bag - yes, a full bag - of Cobra's KING F8 gear equipped with the ARCCOS-powered Cobra Connect System.

We'll outfit you with a complete set of Cobra F8's, from driver, fairway and hybrids to irons and wedges - all customized to your specs - as well as MyGolfSpy's newly crowned Most Wanted Stand Bag, the Cobra Ultralight. Your job? Spend the season with your Cobra gear and use the Cobra Connect system to analyze your game, focus your practice and see how much you can improve.

Year Long Competition

Our 5 testers will spend the season competing against each other for some great prizes provided by Cobra-Puma, and all you have to do is what you'd do anyway - play golf and work to shoot lower scores. 

To start, Cobra will send you a full ARCCOS 360 set for use with your current gamers. You'll spend a month setting a performance baseline, and once you get your new Cobra gear, you'll spend the rest of the year playing, tracking your data and discussing your journey here in the MyGolfSpy Forum and on Social Media. 

This is gonna be, as they say, a hoot!

How To Apply:

This review opportunity is open to any golfer in the U.S. or Canada, so in this thread - please tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state or province

2. Your current set makeup

3. Your current handicap

4. Your goals for the 2018 golf season

Again, the commitment on your part is to game your new Cobra gear for the remainder of the season and share your journey both here in the MyGolfSpy Forum and on Social Media. 

Good luck to all, and we'll be announcing our 5 testers right here next week!

Thank you to everyone that applied, this was a very tough challenge to narrow it down to just five. If you weren't selected for this testing, you won't have to wait long.  Another great one will be announced in the next couple days!!   We keep it rollin on MGS

Congratulations:  And follow all their progress on the social media outlets below:

Hardcore Looper Follow at FB: mike.eovino Twiter: @meovino IG: hardcorelooper
      Joyzee10
      Fozcycle  Follow at: FB: Foster Atteberry, Twitter: @fozcycle, Instagram: fozcycle
      MDGolfHacker Follow at: FB:MD golf hacker Twitter: @mdgolfhacker IG: mdgolfhacker 
      Reesedw

You all will be receiving a PM very shortly with the next step!   We are confident you're going to knock this challenge out of the park, and we can't wait to follow along with your progress.
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      OFFICIAL MYGOLFSPY/COBRA CONNECT

DRIVER CHALLENGE

This is the official thread for our first ever MyGolfspy/Cobra Connect Driver Challenge!  We have two teams who will spend the next month using their new Cobra F7 drivers equipped with Cobra Connect - an Arccos-driven driver shot tracking and stat-keeping sensor and app. 

​The teams will be competing for individual weekly prizes as well as an overall Team prize.

One contestant - the one who truly knocks it out of the park - will win a complete Cobra-PUMA makeover, including new clothes and shoes from PUMA as well as a full bag of custom-fit Cobra equipment. 

This should be fun!

And so let's meet our two groups -- Team Rickie and Team Lexi!

Team Rickie:

Digiburdie                                                    
      BryanGolf                                                   
      TVgolfer                                                       
      TBT                                                              

Team Lexi:

J_Wurz
      EthanSterlingPrice
      BigtazzGolf
      strokerAce

So here's how it's going to work - each week our contestants will post their stats from their Cobra Connect app. They'll be scored on the following categories from the app:

1. Driving handicap
      2. Fairway accuracy
      3. Smart Distance
      4. Long drive
      5. Overall number of drives detected

In addition, our contestants will be active on Social Media and will be scored accordingly. They'll be using the hashtag #COBRACONNECTMGS

The competition officially starts this Friday. Each Thursday the contestants will post their stats and we'll announce the weekly winner on Friday - the weekly winner will earn some slick  PUMA apparel.

Now here's where it gets interesting!!!

Forum members who are not actually competing can win a weekly prize  courtesy of Cobra-PUMA as well by participating in the thread - comment, trash talk, questions and general good humor will serve you well.  

Each contestant will kick off with a post letting you know a little about them, their game and what they're looking for from their new driver - sorta like the Miss America Pageant but with golfers.

Let's get this party started!!!! 
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      (8) TESTERS WANTED

The Cobra Connect Challenge
      Featuring
      Cobra F7 & F7+ Drivers!

Now don't touch the knobs 'cause I think we're going to have some fun with this one...

Everyone likes to test drivers, right? And throw a little competition into the mix? And prizes, including a boffo Grand Prize?

That beats a weekend in Vegas all day, every day and twice on Sundays!

Well we have what might be the Mother of all Competitions with...

The Cobra Connect Challenge!

TESTERS WANTED!

We're looking for 8 of you to test and keep a custom-built (to your specs!) Cobra F7 or F7+ driver - but that's not the fun part.

The Chosen 8 will take part in a month-and-a-half long competition using the unique Cobra Connect - the unique Arccos-fueled stat tracker built into the grip of every Cobra driver. 

You'll be competing in teams and against each other in areas such as Driving Handicap, Smart Distance, Driving Accuracy, Fairways Hit, Longest Drive and Most Improvement. 

You'll need have some social media skills, too - as prizes will be awarded based on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook interaction, as well.  

Prizes include Cobra-PUMA hats, shirts, shoes and other swag - all leading up to one grand prize -

A full COBRA-PUMA makeover!  

That'll include apparel, shoes and a full bag of custom Cobra equipment - we're talking irons, wedges, hybrids and FW's (it won't include driver because, duh, you'll already have one. And it won't include putter, 'cause Cobra doesn't make one!).

HOW TO APPLY:

As we said, this one's a biggie, so PLEASE follow these instructions to the letter. 

In this thread, tell us:

Your first name & home state or province
      Your current driver/shaft combo
      Your driver swing speed and average distance
      Your Twitter/Facebook/Instagram names
      Your Smart Phone type (iPhone or Android)

We'll announce the testers in this thread early next week. Good luck!!!
    • By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Official Forum Member Review

Cobra F7/F7+ Drivers

DawgDaddy        Stage 1               Stage 2              Stage 3

Drewneddy         Stage 1               Stage 2              Stage 3

Cobra Website

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!