Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What you think

Lonnie96

My worst regrettably has to be MGS. Main reason I don't get involved with any other forums at all. That being said it's also the best. Easily you can read through the other forums and see the types of guys that hang out there. The guys here feel like good buddies even if I've never met them. And before I take any trips I'll be sure to check in and see whose avaliable for a round.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I don't have any real worst experiences.  I'm only a member of 2 sites and I actually like both, just for different reasons.

MGS is my favorite, it's a community rather than just a place to post stuff.

WRX is great for buying/selling stuff and getting answers to specific questions faster, just because of the increased activity on those boards.

So I live here, but I'll buy/sell and ask specific questions over there sometimes.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've never hung out anywhere except MGS.  I guess I was fortunate to come here first, after hearing stories of other sites.  I have no reason to visit any other site.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Golf Review never really regained momentum after it crashed twice and came back up a third time. But the non-golf forums were hysterical.

Political discussions routinely precipitated threats of violence from one poster to another. Civility level made recent Republican presidential debates sound like vespers at a convent. Homophobic and misogynist slurs were virtually required if one wanted to participate in the discussions.

Then you switched over to the golf discussions, and guess what? There was barely any difference!

No self-respecting linkster could imperil his anonymity on that forum. One had to invent a fictional character of his own and give it a half-serious / half-comedic but always hysterical voice. To be perfectly honest, I think NSA monitoring had as much to do with taking that forum down as anything.

Lots of laughs if you had the stomach for it, but you wouldn't want your family to know that you participated there.

I've actually led Vespers at a Convent and Evening Prayer and said Mass (we Lutherans call that one the Divine Service.)

I'm a member of 2 other sites but don't visit them nearly so much as here.  There's nothing wrong with either just that one is too small and the other too big - this one is just right.  Most of the guys on the too small one are friends of mine and I've played golf with many of them so I visit there once a week or so to check in.  They are the remnant of the old PGA Partners Club if anyone here remembers them.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What other golf forums? ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I don't participate in any other forums. I've browsed a few but never decided to join. Couldn't tell you if they are good or bad. Now... other golf blogs or websites there are many I read.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm a member of Legitimategolf Forum. A small group of guys that spun off from Oobgolf. We rag on each other and talk smack but no one gets their panties in a bunch.

I was a member of skygolf, but when I questioned some of their moderation and business practices they banned me...funnily enough, they still send me email which I can't unsubscribe from because being banned means I can't get into my account and unsubscribe.  :wacko:

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The Golf Channel used to have a forum, maybe they still do, but it always seemed to be very clicky, lots of friends on there, and if you were new, you didn't know anything about golf. The interesting part was I just wanted to talk about golf, so I was searching for it a while back and came across MGS while searching for the forums, and his is where I have been, with no plans to leave, sorry.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

The Golf Channel used to have a forum, maybe they still do, but it always seemed to be very clicky, lots of friends on there, and if you were new, you didn't know anything about golf. The interesting part was I just wanted to talk about golf, so I was searching for it a while back and came across MGS while searching for the forums, and his is where I have been, with no plans to leave, sorry.

That leads me to a thread idea.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've perused WRX, but never joined. They have some cool stuff, but once I found MGS, I really like this review method and trying to make it a objective as possible. Winning some Bridgestone golf balls on a Ryder Cup score guessing contest didn't hurt .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Just started on MGS and a member on 1 other that I have a love/hate relationship with. I like GOLFWRX for their WITB, pretty cool but I'm not on their forum.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

R1 TP w/Fujikura Speeder57 Evolution Stiff
Speedline Super S 3W 15* w/Matrix HD Radix S 60 Stiff
Idea Tech V4 3-hybrid Stiff
Blue Irons 5-PW TrueTemper Dynalite 85 Stiff
CG15 52* & 588 RTX 56* Wedges
Cure RXi

I've actually led Vespers at a Convent and Evening Prayer and said Mass (we Lutherans call that one the Divine Service.)

I'm a member of 2 other sites but don't visit them nearly so much as here.  There's nothing wrong with either just that one is too small and the other too big - this one is just right.  Most of the guys on the too small one are friends of mine and I've played golf with many of them so I visit there once a week or so to check in.  They are the remnant of the old PGA Partners Club if anyone here remembers them.

Thanks Rev,  I was just thinking of the PGA Partners Club and was gonna list it here....their Forum was pretty good about 10 years ago, but it died a quck death.  I am still a lifetime member (got the Golf Bag and travel set) but never venture back to the site...since it was taken over by someone else.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 8 months later...

I've spent a lot of time on WRX and THP. They both have good points and bad points just like most places.

Really enjoy the inclusive community feel here though. And the blog articles are among the best I've read on any golf site.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've been a member on THP (several years), GTG about two years, WRX but only made a few posts, and good old MGS.

THP - I made a boat load good friends over there and still play golf with some of them on a regular basis. I joined there Dec. 31, 2008 so I was one of the first 100 members and now it's several thousand large.

GTG - GuysTalkingGolf is a site where anything goes. Those boys are crazier than a hog overdosed on a spilled corn bin. With that said, they are fun bunch of guys and a good place to go when you're ready for a little raw entertainment. They do know their equipment and have interesting info so not all BSing going on

WRX - I checked in there and noticed it's a pretty awesome site with tons of members and member from the southeast so it could be interesting. It just didn't have that warm cozy but it's probably because I didn't put in the time.

I'm not gonna say negative stuff about any of the above as I'm thinking these golf forums are a hand full to run. I've put on several little get togethers myself and even those can be head aches. I give em all a thumbs up however a golf forum is what you make of it. It's a personal relationship IMO so after visiting you know how the show goes and if you like it, you stay, if not you move on... Sometimes you have to move to a new neighborhood and make new friends but never forget the old ones.

MyGolfSpy -- I like it! Still learning my way around but some you boys look like ya cooking with Crisco. Good stuff here!!

Edit: Golfer's World was warm & cozy. Cool little place but the time wasn't right for it to make a run.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Great that you found My Golf Spy, but we don't degrade other sites.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Real life has too many negatives so when I'm on a forum like this chatting with with other golf lovers I like to keep it positive. I will say MGS has the most friendly vibe, so I do most of my posting here.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

In my experience, MGS has the true community feel and I think it's because of the purpose behind the creation of the site in the first place: honesty, not being paid. I didn't enjoy one I was on after awhile because the money they received from OEMs created a "me vs them" attitude with a TON of arrogance by people who aren't very good at this game.

Yeah. I'm happy here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

In my experience, MGS has the true community feel and I think it's because of the purpose behind the creation of the site in the first place: honesty, not being paid. I didn't enjoy one I was on after awhile because the money they received from OEMs created a "me vs them" attitude with a TON of arrogance by people who aren't very good at this game.

Yeah. I'm happy here.

Bingo!

Cleveland

I am a member (non paying) of several golf sites that I browse regularly.   I don't usually read all the areas of each forum because I think each has a niche that it fills for me.   I have tried participating in the various forums but it is sometimes hard to break into the cliques and unless you seem to be in the in group of people don't respond.   I generally don't post a lot and most of my posts are to provide a differing opinion instead of the "me too" type to boost my post count.  Probably the worst forum I have been on was the Cameron Collector forum that unless you knelt at the alter of Cameron you were pretty much ignored.  Over the years I have been on Golf Discussions, FGI, Bombsquad, 4GEA, WRX, THP, Puttertalk, Golf Channel, Scotty Cameron Yahoo, and Cameron Collector to name a few.

I have been a MGS member for 4 years but mostly just browse the blog postings.  Honestly I started following the forums here a little more over the last month when I noticed the periodic email was coming from about 20 minutes from my house and actually hoping to get involved in some of the club testing.  I also like the approach here of being able to provide an opinion without fear of being banned.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

...I also like the approach here of being able to provide an opinion without fear of being banned.

You mean an opinion outside of the one you're expected to have :)

My biggest issue with one site is arrogant mods/staff, obvious bias to certain OEMs, shameless self-promotion and lack of transparency.

R1 TP w/Fujikura Speeder57 Evolution Stiff
Speedline Super S 3W 15* w/Matrix HD Radix S 60 Stiff
Idea Tech V4 3-hybrid Stiff
Blue Irons 5-PW TrueTemper Dynalite 85 Stiff
CG15 52* & 588 RTX 56* Wedges
Cure RXi

My momma told me "Boy, ya don't go around telling names and tales".   There are a couple of other sites that I visit only for local threads.   They are a means for making tee times or arranging outings with the friends I've made there.   But that is pretty much my exclusive use of them.   Also, it seems that my friends and I have a way of finding each other on various sites, such is how I got here for which I am grateful.   I am fairly new to this site and unfortunately winter is coming.   But when the spring returns, I genuinely hope to get to play some rounds with my new friends here.  

In the interim, Ole Gray and I will provide our country hillbilly wisdom.

My momma told me "Boy, ya don't go around telling names and tales". There are a couple of other sites that I visit only for local threads. They are a means for making tee times or arranging outings with the friends I've made there. But that is pretty much my exclusive use of them. Also, it seems that my friends and I have a way of finding each other on various sites, such is how I got here for which I am grateful. I am fairly new to this site and unfortunately winter is coming. But when the spring returns, I genuinely hope to get to play some rounds with my new friends here.

In the interim, Ole Gray and I will provide our country hillbilly wisdom.

One of these days you and I will chew the fat over a round of golf

Cleveland

Archived