Snell vs Vice vs Bridgestone vs Callaway golf balls?

Our Sponsors

I'm sorry I never added this to the review but here is what happened to that Vice Pro ball.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1464884816.495388.jpg

I'm hoping that is was just a small issue with some of their golf balls. I like Vice and they seem to be a strong competitor to Snell and even the big manufacturers out there. I just wish their ball was more durable.

-Arkansas "Woo Pig!"

-Right handed

-16 handicap

-Nike Vapor Fly (10.5/Regular flex)

-Titleist 716 AP1 (Stiff/ Std Loft & Lie)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To answer your question please yes - there would be lots of interest in that comparative review.

Okay guys! I have finally come around to posting my comparison review of the Snell MTB, Vice Pro, Bridgestone B330RX and the Callaway Chromesoft golf balls. I reviewed these golf balls during one r

One of my golf buddies found a Vice ball this past Saturday......it had a six-gun logo on it......I tried totrade him for it as it was a one hit wonder, but he declined.  He used it and liked it until

Posted Images

I'm sorry I never added this to the review but here is what happened to that Vice Pro ball.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1464884816.495388.jpg

I'm hoping that is was just a small issue with some of their golf balls. I like Vice and they seem to be a strong competitor to Snell and even the big manufacturers out there. I just wish their ball was more durable.

-Arkansas "Woo Pig!"

-Right handed

-16 handicap

When you said chunk I was thinking an actual chunk not peeling. Either way thats kind of a bummer. I wanted to try the vice pro plus, but don't really want to spend $35 on a dozen or $20 just to try one sleeve- not really interested in the other 3 that comes in their test package.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

When you said chunk I was thinking an actual chunk not peeling. Either way thats kind of a bummer. I wanted to try the vice pro plus, but don't really want to spend $35 on a dozen or $20 just to try one sleeve- not really interested in the other 3 that comes in their test package.

Sorry about that! I really should have said it peeled off a piece the cover. It was a huge surprise when I discovered that spot and I wasn't too happy about it.

-Arkansas "Woo Pig!"

-Right handed

-16 handicap

Sorry about that! I really should have said it peeled off a piece the cover. It was a huge surprise when I discovered that spot and I wasn't too happy about it.

-Arkansas "Woo Pig!"

-Right handed

-16 handicap

yeah I don't blame you, if it looked like that after a shot, hate to see it after a cart path lol.

I ordered some of their gloves, crossing my fingers

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

yeah I don't blame you, if it looked like that after a shot, hate to see it after a cart path lol.

I ordered some of their gloves, crossing my fingers

I bet the glove will be pretty nice. I don't want to dog on Vice too much. Good luck!

-Arkansas "Woo Pig!"

-Right handed

-16 handicap

• 4 weeks later...

I have played all but the smell at this point. Chrome Soft felt great off the irons but had a almost dead feel of the longer clubs hybrids and up. I didn't actually loose distance it just felt like i was going to. The Bridgestone 330s and the Vice Pro Plus and Prov1x all had similar feels throughout the set. So it came down to price at that point so I have switched to Vice Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sean - New Lenox,IL Play RH HDC 7

What's in the Bag:

Driver Callaway Great Big Bertha

Fairway Nike Vapor Fly

Hybrid Nike VR-S Covert 2 Tour

Irons/Wedges:Callaway Apex Pro 16

Volkey SM5 50/55/60 degree

Putter Benttinardi Studio B

I have played all but the smell at this point. Chrome Soft felt great off the irons but had a almost dead feel of the longer clubs hybrids and up. I didn't actually loose distance it just felt like i was going to. The Bridgestone 330s and the Vice Pro Plus and Prov1x all had similar feels throughout the set. So it came down to price at that point so I have switched to Vice Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The Snell MTB is to me the perfect ball. It just does what it is supposed to do just about every time I play it. You have to try it I know you will like it

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

• 4 months later...

Im 65, need distance but need a balls that chips well and putts well. Can't really play the distance balls.

I tried them all this year and for me it came down to this order:

Vice Pro - the longest of all clubs, little harder feel than the rest but acceptable. Durability other than staining was ok.

Costco 4 piece - wow maybe a little longer than the Vice Pro, cheap, harder feel but acceptable.

Chrome Soft - great feel ball, best chipping and approach ball of the lot. Not as long as the top 2 but acceptable.

Snell MTB - like a cheaper Prov1 - ok but not for me. Wonder who makes it?

Prov1 -  all around good ball but the price is just stupid.

So I will alternate the Vice Pro and Costco next year.  I think Titleist, Callaway, etc. are in trouble as the Koreans and Taiwan ball makers have caught up with a product that is just as good in most areas at a significant cheaper price.

Titleist ball cash cow is slowing dying as reflected in their less than stunning IPO.