Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Well, with snow still on the ground I worked on putting in my little apartment. Focused on accuracy as I have been pulling putts quite frequently when going to the simulator. Think I found a happy medium with putter placement in my stance (in the middle of my stance).

Still more work to do for sure as my putting is the biggest issue in my game at this moment.

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)

Did some range time this afternoon, and .. it went fairly well!

Then saw that the putting green was open so spent some time there, working on lags edge to edge then random putts to different little flags for distance control .. went fairly well there, too! So feeling somewhat better about things related to golf, vs my previous attempts recently, and went back to the range for a little more chipping / pitching and a few full swings...

.. one of the things I was working on was using my 6i to go at the 100 yd marker (my range has those about 8 ft black & white thick poles) and on my last shot - nailed it dead on! (..maybe about a foot up from the base, I think) - so kinda happy with myself there 😆

Walking back to the putting green for a few more minutes there and the pro asks if I'm heading out .. wasn't thinking about it .. but he's like 'no one's out; it's a nice day; you're here ready to go...' .. so heck why not?

Just had my practice set with me which is driver, 4H, 6i today (typically 7i), PW (45*), 54 and 60 in a small, light carry bag.

Played 4 holes - two on the back back then two on the front - where each pair forms a convenient loop. Gotta say while there were not any great shots - and of course a few haha not so great ones - they all went in generally the right direction (and no lost balls). There are still temp greens so I wasn't putting (fairways are also still pre-season condition) .. practiced chipping towards the flag with different wedges; also tried a few short blade of the wedge putts for the heckuvit.

So overall starting to feel like the upcoming season may actually hold out some promise 🤞

..but still it's a...

Work In Progress!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Practice today (and for the foreseeable future) focused on iron play, as approach is by far the worst aspect of my game. Instructor gave me some specific things to work on (takeaway and not bouncing up through my shot).

Used my PW and 6, hitting into a very stiff wind. Took a little while, but really turned a corner. Topped a total of 2 balls out of roughly 100, and started to get a good feel for the entire swing. Got confident enough that I ended on a game: hit balls toward my house (birdie balls, I’m not a complete moron) and try to play the wind. Even began to fade it a little to counteract the right to left wind. Was fun, had some good successes, and the bad ones ended up in the pool.

Tomorrow, I’ll see if I can replicate the good stuff from today. Figure it will take about 2,000 good swings to get it really engrained.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

Playing in the SkyTrak sim with my boys this afternoon, and we played a game we hadn't before. In Creative Golf's Golfissimo app, there is a "Tennis" game. It's played like this:

• In setting up the game, you decide on the size of the "court." For instance, the shortest court begins 20 yards away and extends to 50 yards. Not exactly sure how wide.
  • The "server" hits his first shot anywhere over in the field (the other side of the court). Any shot hit out of the boundaries (or short of the net/fence) is a fault and gives a point to the other player.
  • But if he hits it in play, that sets where the "hole" is for the round. So say he hits the ball 45 yards to the right corner of the court; a flagstick gets planted at that point (carry distance).
  • Then the server hits a second shot, trying to carry the ball as close as possible to his first shot. The distance between his first and second shots establishes a radius of a green.
  • The second player then "returns" by having to hit a shot that carries inside the green set by the first player's shots.

I hope I explained that clearly enough. Playing it was pretty straightforward, even with my 9 and 11 year old sons.

But it was an awesome game for really dialing in wedge precision.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Sim session again due to cold and windy weather (and after heavy storms soaking the ground yesterday). 
45 mins skills challenges- wedge ladder drills and then random order targets of varying distances. 
image.png.508a8a03b42e9cab839e766ab9a869ee.png
Then played a sim round. Bay Hill. TPC Sawgrass wasn’t on the list, sadly. Distance control on irons and wedges was good. Driver was a little hit and miss. Set sim to auto score on the greens with some randomization. Putting on a flightscope sim is too hit and miss. 
A few mis-hits and one shank in the round. But overall feels like I’m making progress and minor adjustments I’ve made  to address the nasty case of the shanks are helping a lot. 

Edited by Indy_Oz
Replaced sim photo with scorecard from app

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

Day 62 (15 Mar 24) - Broke out the old Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot irons today and worked with them in the backyard - hit a few pitches / bump and runs with each iron 5 thru SW….was a fun drill session - btw, they are going to be in play tomorrow….

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

9 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Playing in the SkyTrak sim with my boys this afternoon, and we played a game we hadn't before. In Creative Golf's Golfissimo app, there is a "Tennis" game. It's played like this:

• In setting up the game, you decide on the size of the "court." For instance, the shortest court begins 20 yards away and extends to 50 yards. Not exactly sure how wide.
  • The "server" hits his first shot anywhere over in the field (the other side of the court). Any shot hit out of the boundaries (or short of the net/fence) is a fault and gives a point to the other player.
  • But if he hits it in play, that sets where the "hole" is for the round. So say he hits the ball 45 yards to the right corner of the court; a flagstick gets planted at that point (carry distance).
  • Then the server hits a second shot, trying to carry the ball as close as possible to his first shot. The distance between his first and second shots establishes a radius of a green.
  • The second player then "returns" by having to hit a shot that carries inside the green set by the first player's shots.

I hope I explained that clearly enough. Playing it was pretty straightforward, even with my 9 and 11 year old sons.

But it was an awesome game for really dialing in wedge precision.

Sounds like an awesome game!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Just got back from the range focusing on irons mainly. Worked out my pull/hooks are coming from my shoulders being out of alignment. 

After focusing on making my shoulders are aligned, I worked on shots from 150 yards and in.

Callaway, vokey, Scotty Cameron 

Everyday it is more putting .  doing a lot of reading and working on building stroke and aim skills.   

Probably shouldn't be, but have started working on short chip shot movements (only when SWMBO isn't around.)   trying to figure out body/arm motions to get better contact.  Following the Dan Grieve 3 releases approach.   If I could figure out how to play shots within 50 yards of the green I might actually become a good golfer.   My wedge game is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Continued work on my takeaway and not “jumping.” Bounced twice. Started to rain, so I busted out the Birdie Ball Strike Pad:

On the whole, my takeaway has been a lot better. As you can tell from the video, I could rotate some more in my back swing. Am working on it. Pleased with the progress.

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Took my time on the range this morning, slowed down between each ball a lot more than usual, focusing my hands and body to stay in sync. Had a much better feel on the grip today and found myself putting some speed and power behind my irons with more confidence. Only took around 7 swings with the Qi10, trying to generate better weight shifting. Still not there. Afterward, a lot of wedge practice after how badly I performed in that area on Thursday. Still not sure why I had that bad of a day, maybe the yipps?? But felt better today. Putting was okay, not as dialed in as I would have liked, didn't see any sink in from further than 10 ft but all were in good proximity to the cup. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Day 63 (17 Mar 24) - So how did it go today with the 845s….okay for the most part.  The long and mid irons were solid.  The stock SW was not as solid as I recall, the spin I was used to with the INDI and CBX was not there.  Made for a big rethink on greenside work.  Had several holes whe I’m on but the ball does not hold and it’s chipping back time.  Still these irons are solid fun!  Wrapped up the day with some range time with the irons as well as on the practice green…

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

4 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

.. trying to generate better weight shifting. Still not there.

I'm old and feeble and still working on the same new movement pattern from almost a year ago. But that's me .. you should get in within 2-3 weeks 😉😄

And, yes - some days with golf are better than others .. that *IS* the nature of the beast......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

Everyday it is more putting .  doing a lot of reading and working on building stroke and aim skills.   

Probably shouldn't be, but have started working on short chip shot movements (only when SWMBO isn't around.)   trying to figure out body/arm motions to get better contact.  Following the Dan Grieve 3 releases approach.   If I could figure out how to play shots within 50 yards of the green I might actually become a good golfer.   My wedge game is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Dan Grieve, I've been meaning to thank you for posting the video of how to chip out of Bermuda. Last time I played it was a real game changer. 

7 hours ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

Continued work on my takeaway and not “jumping.” Bounced twice. Started to rain, so I busted out the Birdie Ball Strike Pad:

On the whole, my takeaway has been a lot better. As you can tell from the video, I could rotate some more in my back swing. Am working on it. Pleased with the progress.

How far are you moving the ball with a 1/3 swing?  You have alot of forward momentum to the follow through as well.  Strikes looked solid!

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:15 PM, Rob Person said:

How far are you moving the ball with a 1/3 swing?  You have alot of forward momentum to the follow through as well.  Strikes looked solid!

I have good distance:

IMG_3389.png.8978efbad2b1c41b956e6984bb1431e8.png

My ball striking has been bad, which explains why my 7-9 seem so short. When I hit those clubs well, they are between 185 (7i) and 160 (9).

Two major contributors to the poor striking have been the takeaway and on the release, where I would frequently fail to shift my weight to my front foot (lots of chunks). I appreciate the kind words, confirms that the work is helping.

Edited by Prodigal Duffer

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

I’ve been working on the range this week with focus on the lead arm. Specifically “turning” the lead elbow in on the backswing and keeping it in that position through impact. It has drastically improved my ball striking.  I’m anxious to get out on the course and try it out. 

Hodgepodge club gamer with a +8 handicap. 

Today was a really interesting practice day. I went to the range, started with putting around for around an hour. Really solid day of putting. It was the driest terrain I have rolled on and it made for some really good green reading. 

I then proceeded over to the range, where the instructor I had a lesson with last week was just finishing a lesson. He stopped by my mat and for an hour he just hung out and gave me more advice which he obviously didn't have to do. It is St. Paddy's and the range was quite empty so he probably didn't mind. Worked a lot on my front/lead shoulder and hand positions while using my arms a lot less. Striking was a lot better and the grip is getting a bit more comfortable, but he noticed from just sitting back that I do revert to my old grip without thinking, it is a process. Eventually he had enough of the "free lesson" but he told me to stop by any time he is free for any quick questions/adjustments he could notice in a few swings. 

After the range, some light work with the wedges was in order which was eh, ok. Working from within 10 yards of the green in, that is always the hardest for me not to send 30 yards too far. And that was the day. Solid 🪨

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Today for me was indoor practice putting with my son. 

He's had 7 lessons till now from never playing before an doing well, he said this morning that he's heard that putting is a game within a game. So, we set a few putting aids up, an within half hour, my Scotty was working better for him than it does for me!

Callaway, vokey, Scotty Cameron 

Got out to the range for a bit and then played 18 holes…didn’t get any putting in before the course which turned out to be a giant mistake.

Was hitting the ball well, most consistent I’ve hit my driver in a long time.  Irons were decent, hit a good amount of greens just wasn’t very close…had 36 total putts and still shot 80.

Going to be working on some putting this week before my league starts on Saturday.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 3/16/2024 at 11:50 AM, cnosil said:

I've been following Dan Grieve's 3-releases too.  Still learning and re-watch videos regularly and I need to re-read the book soon.

Those combined with clock face back-swing position/ ladder drills for approach shots is really helping me. Last couple of rounds my 25-125yd approaches were dialed in pretty well. When I was younger I was a decent 'feel' player with wedges, but I didn't have wife and kids, or a job, lol, so I spent a ton of spare time at the course practicing short approaches, chipping and bunker shots. Now I can't practice as much, having clock face positions is definitely helping me.

2024 WITB:

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

Day 64 (17 Mar 24) - Late afternoon wedge work with the INDI 54 / short pitches 10 to 25 yds or so.   Do have to share this tidbit - was pitching from about 22yds. Hit one and it bounces close, hit another and I hear the flag go “in the hole clunk” dunk! Awesome, as I still have a few more balls, I hit another not quite as close. Then I hit the next one and again it’s an “in the hole clunk” dunk….two dunked balls in three swings…hit a couple more close as well…sorry no vids but I did take a couple of pics.  It was one of those days where the 54 just felt magical….

IMG_7869.jpeg.28949a667d5dfa97c80e01b78948fd1d.jpeg

dunk brothers…

IMG_7870.jpeg.a9c80511c6c68dca6b39dba80781672d.jpeg

IMG_7871.jpeg.37b868ec9ff346cb8b680cb23ef328f5.jpeg

Gotta love when a drill is fun…

40 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Got out to the range for a bit and then played 18 holes…didn’t get any putting in before the course which turned out to be a giant mistake.

Was hitting the ball well, most consistent I’ve hit my driver in a long time.  Irons were decent, hit a good amount of greens just wasn’t very close…had 36 total putts and still shot 80.

Going to be working on some putting this week before my league starts on Saturday.

This pretty much describes my yesterday to a T - I ended up shooting 81 with several missed opportunities for birdies on the back nine (38 putts overall). A very up and down day where I had swing feels working from the tee and some iron shots but felt completely lost on the green and hit some absolute clunkers out of nowhere from the middle of the fairway.

I’m blaming it on the sun which just so happened to stop by and stay all day 🤨

Driver: Titleist TSI3 9* @8.25, Tensei 1K Pro White 60 Tx

3 wood: Titleist TSI2 13.5* @14.25, Tensei 1K Black X

5 wood: Titleist TSI2 18*, Tensei 1K Black X

Irons: Mizuno Pro 223 (4-6), Mizuno Pro 221 (7-P) Dynamic Gold 120X

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50 08F, SM9 56 12D, SM8 60 04L

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select

Another cold and windy day, so my partners and I cancelled our 9:45am tee time (it was 36f, with wind chill bringing the 'feels like' down to 29f... yeah, pass...). In anticipation of this, I'd already booked some sim time, so I did an hour of FlightScope Skills tests and then played a sim round at Finca Cortesina, the Solheim Cup venue last year.

The Skills tests were going well and I felt I had distances and shot shapes pretty well dialed and that translated well to the sim round. Really enjoying using the FS Skills app. Clearly the final score is to be taken with a pinch of salt, as the computer autoputted once I was on the green and every shot is off the same mat (no rough, sand etc), but I was swinging pretty well and wedge and iron distances were pretty close to the target distances. Small wins.

I'll take the Skills test template ideas to the range to keep my grass hitting sessions useful and not just blocks of whacking balls aimlessly. I was already doing something like this last year and 'playing' a round with par 3s, 4s and 5s to varying range targets, including short wedge shots and chips if I wasn't close enough to range targets. Really need to get on the range more to confirm how I'm hitting the ball, shot shape etc, rather than going from sim to course with no range warm up like I've done so far this year! Ha ha

image.png.3b27401dd59bea9031dd73f188320ad4.png

2024 WITB:

44 minutes ago, Indy_Oz said:

I've been following Dan Grieve's 3-releases too.  Still learning and re-watch videos regularly and I need to re-read the book soon.

Those combined with clock face back-swing position/ ladder drills for approach shots is really helping me. Last couple of rounds my 25-125yd approaches were dialed in pretty well. When I was younger I was a decent 'feel' player with wedges, but I didn't have wife and kids, or a job, lol, so I spent a ton of spare time at the course practicing short approaches, chipping and bunker shots. Now I can't practice as much, having clock face positions is definitely helping me.

I want to do his address system as well;  I just need to be able to swing clubs and learn the distances.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

Practiced yesterday: 7i and 8i. Started with flatballs, hit 20 flatballs with each club, then went to regular balls, hit 60 with each iron. I utilize a Swing Caddie SC300i as my monitor to give me a good idea of how I'm striking the ball. The only thing I don't like about hitting at home with the net is you don't see where the ball goes, and the monitor can only give you so much information. You might have a solid sounding and feeling strike, but it may not have gone straight! Overall it was a great practice session I felt: worked on lead arm straight and back straight... overall I was very happy with the session! 

Best part was I went out with my normal Sunday crew and shot my personal best, an 88! First time I've broken 90, and I have to say, it felt incredible! Now I know partially how you good golfers feel after a good round! 

This afternoon it's back to practice.... long irons and driver this afternoon. 

8i sc300.jpg

Home range 1.jpg

home range ball setup.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_124215_Golf Pad.jpg

Congratulations on breaking 90!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

Best part was I went out with my normal Sunday crew and shot my personal best, an 88! First time I've broken 90, and I have to say, it felt incredible! Now I know partially how you good golfers feel after a good round! 

Congrats on the personal best.  

35 minutes ago, Bschwartz206 said:

This pretty much describes my yesterday to a T - I ended up shooting 81 with several missed opportunities for birdies on the back nine (38 putts overall). A very up and down day where I had swing feels working from the tee and some iron shots but felt completely lost on the green and hit some absolute clunkers out of nowhere from the middle of the fairway.

I’m blaming it on the sun which just so happened to stop by and stay all day 🤨

I had 3 three putts in the first 6 holes and 4 total…2 of them were from long range (50-60 feet), the other 2 were inexcusable (from around 20 feet).  Just did not have the feel for the greens today.

Definitely happy with the ball striking, hoping that stays around for a while and the putting picks up…today was the worst I’ve putted in a few months.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter