Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Day 157 (23 Jun 24) - Back home, back yard, back to easy wedge shots with the 58 this afternoon.  Good to feel the club in the hand today after a couple days of "clubless" work.  Looking to continue work on the setup where it is automatic and as predictable as playing a G-C-D progression on the guitar.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Day 158 (24 Jun 24) - Spent a few moments going thru short chip drill (10-15yds) with PW before moving to easy pitches (30-50yds) with the 8i and then to easy 1/2 swings (about 40th yds) with the 54….total of about 15 swings per drill, all from varied lies.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

I did hit the range yesterday with the stix. Full bag, roughly 120 balls.  Felt good on 90% of thr shots, so played 18 after.

VideoCapture_20240623-174243.jpg

VideoCapture_20240623-174707.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Practice today with 2 Mizuno 9irons, first one weighs 430gr swingweight D1 steel shaft second 385gr C4 graphite. Did a chipping comparison about 7metres and liked the 430 gram much better and easier to control, 385 gram felt like I had no room for error if I didn't Hit the ball perfect it went nowhere 🤔 whereas might change the C4 swingweight to match the D1 but 45 grams is a lot of lead tape which I think is a waste...

Edited by Bang60
Error

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Practice today with 2 Mizuno 9irons, first one weighs 430gr swingweight D1 steel shaft second 385gr C4 graphite. Did a chipping comparison about 7metres and liked the 430 gram much better and easier to control, 385 gram felt like I had no room for error if I didn't Hit the ball perfect it went nowhere 🤔 whereas might change the C4 swingweight to match the D1 but 45 grams is a lot of lead tape which I think is a waste...

Not sure how you got 45 grams since you are talking swingweight.  You want to go up 6 SW points which is 2 grams per point added to the head so 12 total grams.  I am guessing you are trying to see how a graphite shaft might work so you would probably be better swapping shafts to heavier graphite since you like the heavier total weight.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

Not sure how you got 45 grams since you are talking swingweight.  You want to go up 6 SW points which is 2 grams per point added to the head so 12 total grams.  I am guessing you are trying to see how a graphite shaft might work so you would probably be better swapping shafts to heavier graphite since you like the heavier total weight.  

Yeah your correct but in my defense I was trying to explain something to wifey 😔 and was thinking about that sorry 😐 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Another most wanted iron session today so I go to hit some 5 irons but that wasn't what I practiced.   Putting has been a little hit and miss the past few weeks.  Based on my ShotScope numbers I am underperforming outside of 10 feet;  My assessment is that my read is pretty good, I am am hitting my lines, but speed is poor.  Basically confirmed this on the putting green at HQ today.   I know the simple answer seems like make a bigger stroke which unfortunately didn't seem to be working so I started experimenting with sources of motion and grip.  Think I am going to try going back to left hand low; which is how I used to putt for many years.   On the HQ green,  I felt like I had to reign my stroke in a little since the left hand low was delivering a little more power.   Guess I will see on Thursday when I do my next league night.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Day 159 (25 Jun 24) - played in the church men’s group 9-hole Superball scramble.  Our group finished 3 under could have easily been 6 under (had several birdie putts that lipped out).  Fun round! 

Late in reporting yesterday's practice.....

Range: After warming up with SW pitches, I practiced 5H, 6H and 7H, mostly with 9 to 5 swings, working on direction (aimed over the 50-yard sign), ground contact and face contact while making sure to use my lower body properly. Then worked on sand shots from the practice bunker.

Practice green: Did block practice on chipping and putting. For chipping I worked on form and using 9i, PW, GW and SW to chip to a spot about 4-paces away and tracked rollout distance. For putting I worked on speed control by setting markers in front of and behind the ball (in this case 6", so 1' total swing length) and putting 5-balls looking for (i) distance and (ii) that they were tightly grouped. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Cleveland CBX4 50*- Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 56* M/N - Recoil DART 90 F3 shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB with Garsen Max grip 

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

It's has gotten to a point that practicing outside its over. 100 Degrees weather is here and its already 80 at 7am.
went to do some chipping and putting at 6:54am done by 7: 20am. drenched .

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing 2024)
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTING: Terra Forza Shaft  - 

On 5/23/2024 at 4:13 PM, leichliter_jake said:

IMG_3911.jpeg.f144cd58c84bd9103f9aa9d2a4b5b5bc.jpeg
Did a random practice today switched club every ball like you would I do on the course. Tried to aim for the big tree with my driver and in between the tree and a pole for everything else.

I started doing that also a few months ago on the range.  I only take 3 or 4 clubs, but I hit 1 or 2 balls, switch club, hit 1 or 2 balls, switch club, and I jump around, I don't progress from shortest to next shortest.  Teaches me how to mentally RESET and re-address each shot.  I feel sad to see especially newcomers swinging at ball after ball without any mental processing. 

Drv: PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex; and 2004 Callaway 454 Ti 10 deg on RCH 65 regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno 2017 version JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5; Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7; Sand: old 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, heavy sole, Apex shaft.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃

1 hour ago, MrBandit said:

It's has gotten to a point that practicing outside its over. 100 Degrees weather is here and its already 80 at 7am.

I feel that... The west coast of Florida has been the same... consistently high 90's and delightful humidity... 

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke 10.5, Ventus Blue Velo 6S

Woods: Callaway Ai Smoke 3W, Callaway Ai Smoke 5W, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.0 70g

Irons: Mizuno MP 245 (4I thru GW), NS Pro Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 54.10 S Grind, 58.14 K Grind 

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1

Playing Saturday with my BIL and wanted to see where I was with my game.  Wedges were the highlight while trying to get some feel..  It was a good check up and hopefully got the bad swings out of the way.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Had that in Queensland Australia was playing a round with a mate who's a teaching Pro and we quit at the 16th, we only lasted that long because we were on a cart and the Bikini 👙 drinks girls and that's the worst heat and humidity I've ever experienced 😢

Day 160 (26 Jun 24)- easy session of bump and runs w/8i; low pitches w/54 and up and down flops w/58.  

Worked on irons. Focused on setting up with clubface square as I tend to have an open clubface if I don’t focus. Also tried to have my head closer to level. I usually have a significant tilt to the right, which could be a factor in clubface and alignment issues I have always had. 
Also worked on gripping more in the fingers and reducing grip pressure. 
Seemed to help, ball flight was less of a fade with good consistency.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

About the 12th of July I'm going to stay with my brother for 2-3 or 4 weeks as he's house sitting and wants little brother for company, it's good because there's a Country Golf course 10mins down the road that he's a member of and so I'm planning on practicing lots. No one there during the week so we will go practice on a few holes, I'm planning on practicing with 4 different drivers with an extra 4 shafts and some hybrids irons.

Got Mizuno Taylormade Titleist Callaway so variety is the spice of life 😉 my bag is Mizuno STZ driver Mizuno 923 4 hybrid 923 6 hybrid Mizuno 9iron Mizuno MP32 Sandiron or Ping eye 2 Sandiron might try my Cobra Trusty rusty plus 4-5 other favs 😊 looking fwd to practice on a proper Golf course instead of my backyard net...

Today is a playing practice round. Going to continue to work on getting my weight forward and letting the clubhead launch toward the target.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

2 hours ago, sp0rtsfan86 said:

Today is a playing practice round. Going to continue to work on getting my weight forward and letting the clubhead launch toward the target.

What does clubhead launch toward the target mean and at what point in the swing?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Putting on my perfect mat. I've developed a nasty case of the yips and am working through it with short slow putts to get a swing back. Tried my new tour aim with sticks, and it felt cluttered. Just using the lines in the mat seen to work the best. I'll continue the grind and then move back from 4 ft towards 10

Best Range Bucket Of My Life!  Severe spine curvature, weak core & shoulders, are my bugaboo.  And 69 yr old arthritis.  I tend to  sway, dip, hit ground before hitting the ball.  Especially with driver.  Am 2 weeks into new round of Range of Motion exercises under a Scripps Clinic physical therapist.  Hit a bucket with 2 different drivers.  4 out of 5 shots were normal shape, 200+ yards and only a handful were slices.  I don't have a laser scope so my distance is estimated.  Maybe it's time I bought one. I am stoked!

Drv: PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex; and 2004 Callaway 454 Ti 10 deg on RCH 65 regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno 2017 version JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5; Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7; Sand: old 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, heavy sole, Apex shaft.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃

Day 161 (27 Jun 24) - Hit a few hard foam balls with the 7i just to rehearse full swing - total of about 20 swings of the club.  Hoping to get out and play tomorrow while testing the ClawDaddy gloves. Link to test here:  

Decent short, focused range and putting session .. feeling marginally better about my capability to hit a golf ball! 😆

Started off working on pressure shift and contact with a wedge to various distances, then a PW to one target and then a 7i to the same target. Then mixed in a few "holes" of driver - hybrid or iron - PW or 54. Walked over to the putting green and worked on long lags for a while then a bunch of 2-putt drills to different holes at different lengths.

And then bashed a few more balls at the range for the heckuvit!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

With Scotland a week away, and feeling both my putting and bunker play are not up to snuff, braved the rain at the Casa this afternoon to work on both. Probably about 25 bunker shots from a 5-foot-deep pit; I didn't get all of them out and airmailed the green on some others, but it was better than the last time I practiced in the sand. Worked with both my 54- and 64-degree wedges. Then the putting was work on lags from distance, which I will also need across the pond starting next Friday. I figured getting out in the rain was also practice for Scotland, although I abandoned it when the skies started rumbling. No desire to become a vertical french fry.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Spent about an hour practicing my chipping and putting this morning trying really nail down the feel with my new 58deg vs my 60deg. I understand to most it might be a little weird to carry those 2 since the lofts aren’t that different but for me it’s been about being more comfortable hitting a slightly softer 58 than trying to full swing my 60. Anywhere within like 50 yds I can pull the 60 like an artist but out from there I chose the 58. I currently don’t like how it rolls on the 58 though playing around the green and was working on that. Putting green has a nice 3 tier so can really practice those downhill sliders and uphill buts that I’ve been having a hard time with.

IMG_9569.jpeg

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse.