Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wife and golf

craig3383

Just finished 9 holes of golf with my wife. This is the first time she has ever played and it went nothing like I expected. We have hit balls together on the range and short game facility. I just knew this was going to take forever and we were going to hold up the course. This..... did not happen!!! We kept pace and she hit the ball really good. Needless to say if you've been on the fence about introducing your wife to this game, go ahead. They deserve the opportunity to love it as much as we do.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nicely done. Mine has been out and walked nine holes with me and watched me hit balls on the ramge. But that's about the extent of her interest.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's awesome, I'm glad it worked out. My wife golfed a couple times this year and even took some lessons. It's nice to enjoy the sport with your significant other. I am pretty sure my wife's just in it for the outfits and day drinking....

Callaway Rouge ST Max Driver, Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Fairway, Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Hybrid, Tensei AV Blue 75 S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

My wife and I had our first date on a golf course.  We were married two years later and it's been a joint hobby for us ever since.  She has won three ladies club championships and numerous other titles.  She even let me in on the action. We teamed up for an alternate shot tournament with 36 couples and we took first place gross with a 77. Trust me alternate shot is a tough format for married couples however we pulled out the win and bagged $300.00 for our effort. She still plays tournament golf while I have semi retired from the serious stuff. :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

That's awesome, I'm glad it worked out. My wife golfed a couple times this year and even took some lessons. It's nice to enjoy the sport with your significant other. I am pretty sure my wife's just in it for the outfits and day drinking....

The outfits and day drinks aren't always a bad thing!

The outfits and day drinks aren't always a bad thing!

They definitely aren't bad things in my house

Callaway Rouge ST Max Driver, Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Fairway, Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Hybrid, Tensei AV Blue 75 S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

My wife used to go out before we had kids. She could pound the ball! I made sure to not give her much instruction and we had fun!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

My wife has been playing golf since 1963.  Her mom, dad, sister and 5 brothers all played golf.  I have only been playing since 1992.  We met on the golf course, got married on the golf course, travel to play golf, and we play at our club each Sat and Sun.  My wife is my golf partner and best friend, and yes she can occasionally beat me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife has been playing golf since 1963. Her mom, dad, sister and 5 brothers all played golf. I have only been playing since 1992. We met on the golf course, got married on the golf course, travel to play golf, and we play at our club each Sat and Sun. My wife is my golf partner and best friend, and yes she can occasionally beat me.

Awesome!! I hope my journey goes as well as yours!

MY wife took some group lessons, wanted to be able to play an occasional round when we were on vacation.  She got hooked, now she plays every bit as much as I do.  Most of our vacations involve golf, including our upcoming Thanksgiving week in Pinehurst.  Because she plays, I get to play a lot more than I would otherwise.  Her playing golf has been a win for both of us.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

It didn't take my wife long to understand the term "golf widow".   The Naval Academy course offered a package of golf lessons, so the wife decided to take the lessons.   Well, the course made money on her, after the second lesson she told me to go play, she has many other things that she can do.  However, we do have one agreement.   When we vacation, there must be a golf course for me and a beach for her.  

My wife and I met at a golf course bar.  The 2 best places to meet people ha.  She was a golfer before we started dating and we have had a lot of fun on and off of the course together.  Needless to say her game has improved over the years and mine has slowly started to decline.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Tried years ago to get her into it with not much success.  All three of my kids play so that is a wonderful thing, but for now she is relegated to the beach club and pool at the club.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I shudder at the thought of surrendering my last best sanctuary where I'm able to spit, cuss, and generally act like I'm a single, childless, degenerate...

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

My wife is getting more and more interested, I won a bag recently, she claimed it and she's now waiting for my daughter to get new clubs so she can have her "hand me ups". She is thinking about joining my club but wants to improve a bit first. We hit some balls a couple of weeks ago, and she went ok.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Was thisclose to getting my wife out to play with me a few years back. She eventually changed her mind -- said "the only reason I'd be doing it is to make you happy."

To which I responded "Well, we can't have that, now can we?"

And that's when the fight started...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've been fortunate enough to have my girlfriend take an interest in the game since early on in our relationship. The sad part is she's going to end up better than me sooner rather than later...  :rolleyes:

For 110 pounds she sure can hit the ball pretty far, and the best part is she never loses it! Congrats on getting her out there, it's a beautiful time if done right.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I've been fortunate enough to have my girlfriend take an interest in the game since early on in our relationship. The sad part is she's going to end up better than me sooner rather than later...  :rolleyes:

For 110 pounds she sure can hit the ball pretty far, and the best part is she never loses it! Congrats on getting her out there, it's a beautiful time if done right.

If I have to get down to 110 pounds to hit the ball pretty far and never lose it, I guess I'm #*@&ed.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I would be happy to golf with my significant other, unfortunately she doesn't like going out in the sun...

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

If I have to get down to 110 pounds to hit the ball pretty far and never lose it, I guess I'm #*@&ed.

Kenny that cracked me up... Hahahaha. Same for me my friend!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

That's funny right there!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Good for you! I took my wife once, and she hated it.

Funny I took my wife once and she hated me. :)

Actually we went a few times and she did fairly well. She was lined up to take lessons when we found out that she was pregnant with our first child.

There hasn't been time since. So now it's golf/sight seeing/shopping when we travel. The older kids all play. In fact I'm playing with one of them on Friday.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Funny I took my wife once and she hated me. :)

Actually we went a few times and she did fairly well. She was lined up to take lessons when we found out that she was pregnant with our first child.

There hasn't been time since. So now it's golf/sight seeing/shopping when we travel. The older kids all play. In fact I'm playing with one of them on Friday.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

There's nothing quite like family time and the memories built on a golf outing.  Enjoy!!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Archived