Random Thread

ole gray

On 4/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, seeking70's said:

My TSP is down about 20%.  I'm happy because that means everything I'm putting in now is buying far more shares and will make me lots of earnings once everything turns around.  I'm  young enough that I don't need it any time soon anyway.  I lived through 2008 (my investments dropped ~75%) so I'll live through this.

Exactly what I talk to my clients about 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Not personally, but we have a prior college level runner here at work. She swears by them.

I always wore Asics but I want to try something new. Thanks.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I would recommend a fitting just like clubs though if you’re planning on using them for running. My wife did a shoe fitting and now she won’t buy them without getting fitted for her running shoes...

Nahh, she’s not nuts for that. That’s how I ended up with the Asics. I thought it was silly but I went up a size for one main reason. Your foot actually displaces it’s width while standing. So now I’m a 13
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

That’s something else missing w this Quarantine. We/I always bring the leftovers pizzas, sandwiches and desserts from our Red Sox meetings to the Fire Station. When we order a few extras are always included so we can take care of these kids. Hopefully by summer we can get that tradition back!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That's a nice thing for you guys to do.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The pulled pork was a hit made coleslaw and a Carolina style BBQ sauce to go with it. There was little left overs fed myself and 9 others.

I’m sure the guys loved that feast!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That's a nice thing for you guys to do.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks, it’s a Villages thing. Almost every club does something. I just happen to do it for our club. The club just donated $1,000 for a new freezer for the local Food Pantry.

Rick

Left Hand, 

They did

Rick

Left Hand, 

My 3.5 year old son decided it was a good idea to stick a bead in his nose. He is okay now, but i wasn't too happy about having to make an urgent care trip this evening.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The pulled pork was a hit made coleslaw and a Carolina style BBQ sauce to go with it. There was little left overs fed myself and 9 others.

That sounds like it was delicious! Pulled pork is one of those things I have yet to successfully do on my electric smoker as it takes forever to get to a high enough temperature to actually pull. 

Now I'm hungry. 

4 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Got me hungry this morning---- You know firehouse cooking is always good--- LOL you will love this--- Back when I was a Volunteer I hung around the city station some. Asked the Captain one day how his new rookie was doing? He told me well as a Firefighter he is gonna be good now if we can teach him to cook

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That sounds like it was delicious! Pulled pork is one of those things I have yet to successfully do on my electric smoker as it takes forever to get to a high enough temperature to actually pull. 

Now I'm hungry. 

I've done it in the oven many times and I finished this in the oven just because it was 40 degrees out and I had no chance of getting it cooked in time without. I smoked it over a mix of apple and hickory chips for 5 hours then in the oven at 350 for 2. In the electric I would let it in there for a few hours until the dry rub starts to set as a bark then finish it in the oven until the internal temp hits 190.

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Got me hungry this morning---- You know firehouse cooking is always good--- LOL you will love this--- Back when I was a Volunteer I hung around the city station some. Asked the Captain one day how his new rookie was doing? He told me well as a Firefighter he is gonna be good now if we can teach him to cook

Yea in a normal firehouse I'd have to cook a lot more when I was new but we don't do that here. I cook one of our two nights a week currently. 

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I've done it in the oven many times and I finished this in the oven just because it was 40 degrees out and I had no chance of getting it cooked in time without. I smoked it over a mix of apple and hickory chips for 5 hours then in the oven at 350 for 2. In the electric I would let it in there for a few hours until the dry rub starts to set as a bark then finish it in the oven until the internal temp hits 190.

Yea in a normal firehouse I'd have to cook a lot more when I was new but we don't do that here. I cook one of our two nights a week currently. 

I guess I was lucky as far as being a Volunteer 2 of the 3 departments I served with had outstanding kitchens. The first department I was with we used to do breakfast on the weekends especially on Saturday morning in the hunting season. The last department I was on had one heck of a kitchen because at one time the building was an Elementary school. When they converted the building they kept the full kitchen and the auditorium. We had fish fries and square dances and in election years it was the hub for that end of the county for political meetings or stump meetings as they are called. Note-- I called those meetings BS meetings. The second department I served with was basically a converted service station 2 bays and a radio room office with a desk and a couch. But we did have a coffee urn. Had to go outside and around the corner to get to the restrooms but we did have men's and ladies. We only had 10 members. I remember when they asked me to join. I had been there a month and they had elections. Someone nominated me for Captain--- I told them thanks but I was not eligible I had only been there 30 days. Huumph next order of business was to amend the rule , vote me in the department and then elect me Captain. Stuff is not complicated when everyone on that small department was either on the board or a committee. In fact got elected to the head of the Truck Maintenance Committee that night too. Easy only a Pumper tanker combo and a squad / brush/ first response unit. That was my most fun department was there a year or so before moving to SC. A shining Light for that place was we did train 2 career firefighters and I heard recently one of those young bucks made Deputy Chief on Charlotte NC FD. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

11 hours ago, tommc23 said:

a Carolina style BBQ sauce

North or South Carolina...and which part of North or South?  This is important. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

5 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

North or South Carolina...and which part of North or South?  This is important. 

Haha I kinda combine them a little. It's mostly apple cider vinegar with crushed red pepper with the addition of some ketchup and today I added some honey and molasses. The molasses was just enough to darken it up.

6 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Thank you! I'll have to give that a try. I have tried finishing it in the crock pot, with only little success. Knowing where to set the oven is a big help. 

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Haha I kinda combine them a little. It's mostly apple cider vinegar with crushed red pepper with the addition of some ketchup and today I added some honey and molasses. The molasses was just enough to darken it up.

Thanks John I had not thought of it that way. Ok good combo even though I lean towards the Eastern NC style pepper vinegar. Thank God above it was not that awful Maruice Besinger Columbia SC mustard based stuff. And I know without asking John Smalls will agree with me without asking. The key word here is Columbia SC and my esteemed friend John is a die hard Clemson fan.

Note John you know I had to throw in that Maurice Besinger  / Columbia crack

G

18 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Thanks John I had not thought of it that way. Ok good combo even though I lean towards the Eastern NC style pepper vinegar. Thank God above it was not that awful Maruice Besinger Columbia SC mustard based stuff. And I know without asking John Smalls will agree with me without asking. The key word here is Columbia SC and my esteemed friend John is a die hard Clemson fan.

... Growing up in Greensboro NC with legendary Stamey's BBQ, I loved their hot vinegar sauce combined with a little of their mild vinegar sauce. I used to have it shipped here, but have learned to make my own. When I went to East Carolina U in Greenville NC which as you know is very near the coast, my first time at the popular BBQ joint, I was so disspointed by the mustard BBQ sauce they served. LOL, most definitely NOT BBQ. Up north they prefer a sweeter, thicker BBQ sauce that can be mild, medium or hot and I can live with that much more than that grotesque mustard sauce from low country NC/SC that ruins pulled pork in my sophisticated ex-redneck opinion. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Growing up in Greensboro NC with legendary Stamey's BBQ, I loved their hot vinegar sauce combined with a little of their mild vinegar sauce. I used to have it shipped here, but have learned to make my own. When I went to East Carolina U in Greenville NC which as you know is very near the coast, my first time at the popular BBQ joint, I was so disspointed by the mustard BBQ sauce they served. LOL, mots definitely NOT BBQ. Up north they prefer a sweeter, thicker BBQ sauce that can be mild, medium or hot and I can live with that much more than that grotesque mustard sauce from low country NC/SC that ruins pulled pork in my sophisticated ex-redneck opinion. 

You called that dead on the screws on the mustard sauce. ECU huuh all of my Step Mom's Family are from Pitt and Craven Counties. Knew for some reason you were A ok. Spent a lot of time on and off in Greenville and ate a lot of Parkers BBQ and Respess James up on Dickinson Avenue. Played a lot of golf growing up when I was down there at Greenville Golf and Country Club. My old man's friend was pro there and the Hogan dealer I reference sometimes. His other bud was Pro at Ayden CC which is long gone. He played his last round of golf with me at Ayden CC a year before he died. In fact him and step mom are buried about 12 miles from Ayden at Calico crossroads right by where  NC 43 and NC 102 meet. Allen road off of Stantonburg highway is named after my Granddaddy. Yep I knew the area well but it has grown up so much now I can only get around it by dead reckoning navigation. Grannie's city house was over on Chestnut street and 14th ave which used to be called Boyd Avenue 

G

... Haha, there you go again. I was in Greenville for almost 4 years and never heard of Pitt or Craven county. 🤪  I also didn't start playing golf until I got to Chicago. One huge regret is I was working at WCGQ in Columbus Ga and the station manager was the president of Columbus CC and I could have played free golf as much as I wanted. His son and I shared an apartment and he played but golf just wasn't on my agenda yet. DumB with a capital B. Now in my defense, golf was played by overweight guys smoking and drinking and I was 0 for 3 on those counts but maybe even more egregious was the shiny pants and shirts made with the bad polyester that I would not have been caught dead wearing, before they figured out how to make them cooling and moisture shedding. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thank you! I'll have to give that a try. I have tried finishing it in the crock pot, with only little success. Knowing where to set the oven is a big help. 

You can set the oven at any temp 275 or above I used 350 so I could get it done before I had to work. 

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Note John you know I had to throw in that Maurice Besinger  / Columbia crack

No mustard sauce never had it and will never make it either. I do add some mustard powder to my dry rub but not a lot of it.

I mentioned a while ago that I was considering buying a skateboard...

Well my son got one for his birthday and I’ve been showing him the ropes on it, and I’ll be danged if I remember this stuff like the back of my hand.

Going to get a board to ride with him. Can’t believe it... almost 37 years old and I’m going back to my childhood hobby.

Hopefully I remain intact...

My wife and I were driving around today and saw this guy riding around on what looked to be a motorized scooter, similar to a razor that they used to sell for kids. He was in the middle of one of the busiest streets in town. 20200419_154545-01.jpeg20200419_201011-01.jpeg
Fortunately traffic hasn't been bad recently, but there's no way I'd have the fortitude to do it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Golf related, but can't think of the proper place to put this info.

Here's some great news for all of us:

Golf May Be a Recipe for Longevity
https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20200212/golf-may-be-a-recipe-for-longevity

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

On 4/19/2020 at 5:39 PM, Shankster said:

I mentioned a while ago that I was considering buying a skateboard...

Well my son got one for his birthday and I’ve been showing him the ropes on it, and I’ll be danged if I remember this stuff like the back of my hand.

Going to get a board to ride with him. Can’t believe it... almost 37 years old and I’m going back to my childhood hobby.

Hopefully I remain intact...

Nothing wrong with that! I have a couple of buddies in their early/mid 40's who just started skating again (including one who was sponsored when he was younger) to get in some exercise. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game