Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Blasphemy

revkev

I could have put this in member review but instead chose here because there are too many important reviews going on there.

About ten years ago I played the Pro VI. It was a great ball, other manufactures were behind and I knew a guy who lived off the third fairway of an upscale course who constantly gave them to me. Then we moved.

Once I started paying for my golf balls I started looking elsewhere and played the TMag TP Red followed by the Nike One Tour D followed by the Bridgestone B330 RX or MTB.

I think that it's important to pick a ball and stick with it because all perform well but differently.

That brings me to the Pro VIx. I had some pro shop credit, they are running a sale, I'm down to a dozen and a half RXs and have yet to find Kirklands (plus I don't trust that they will be around long) so I thought why not and grabbed 2 dozen.

Off to the first tee, no warm up but lots of stretching and a few chips and putts.

We are allowed a mulligan but if you hit a second one you have to play it. I hit my first drive, little draw, 230 down the middle with an RX. I grab a Pro VIx and boom, it launches higher, draws a hair, lands by the first ball and rolls out to 241.

I play the Pro VIx, first time ever for 18. We were playing a casual round so I was able to hit a few second shots with my normal ball. Identical distances and ball flight off the irons but consistly higher launch and 5-10 yards longer with the driver. From what we could tell I was carrying the Ix 220 in the air at Sea Level which would be a huge distance gain for me. More importantly the ball performed up to expectations around and into the green.

Maybe there's a reason that it's easily the most played ball on tour, one that goes beyond sponsorship. Maybe it's the Yankees or Patriots that we want to hate until it's in our bag.

Maybe it was a fluke but I doubt it. I was swinging well, the balls that I hit with the B330 RX went to their normal spots on my course with my normal ball flight. When I went for my driver fitting at the performance center at TPC this was the ball that was recommended based on the data collected that day.

I actually had a career long on 18. I had only 157 left on a 420 yard hole. My drive went 255 according to the GPS on a day when the course was wet because it's been over seeded. I shot even on the back from a set of tees with a slope of 138.

I have a half season's worth in my locker and Titleist should be coming out with a new release this year so the price on this one will drop.

It may be blasphemy to say it here but this is a very good ball. For me it may be worth the additional price.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Sounds like a great round with the 1x, same thing happened to me last summer with

The B330S & the ProV1.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Blasphemy?  The Kirkland Army may be getting out the torches and pitchforks!

Not a Titleist fan personally, but when I've played them the 1X performed better for me.  Sure sounds like you've found a ball that works for you. March beckons - we'll have to get out and play again! 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Blasphemy? The Kirkland Army may be getting out the torches and pitchforks!

Not a Titleist fan personally, but when I've played them the 1X performed better for me. Sure sounds like you've found a ball that works for you. March beckons - we'll have to get out and play again!

Make sure you allow for enough time so that we can play Bayou!

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Im still searching for that one ball........Currently in my Bag:  Wilson Duo Urethane....55 compression, very consistent, shot 41/41 with it last week, great feel off the putter., very durable for a Urethane.  Bridgestone B330RX....have a couple dozen..good distance, somewhat clicky off the putter.  Snell MTB love the ball, will return to it in the Spring.  Wilson Duo Spin....35 compression have not hit it yet, but have 16 of them to try. Kick-X Still hae a dozen of these....great feel, not real durable.  Pro V1  have a couple sleeves...will wait until Spring.  Maxfl U3...1 dozen, great ball, very durable, easy on the short game, not made anymore. Wilson 50 Elite  got 2 dozen for $7/dozen....got them for Winter use.  Wilso Duo ....29 compression...2 dozen...plan on Winter Ball, after Duo U & Spin gone.

I just keep trying....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Rev you got to ride the hoss that takes you to the barn.  Heck if a Top Flight gamer produced the best results for me, I'd have to put on my big boy pants and pound that sucker until the cows came home.  I recently found a Wilson Staff FG Tour Golf Ball a few days back and put sucker in play.   Totally impressed with everything about it and I'm thinking about buying a dozen to see if that was a fluke or maybe these balls do fit me like a pickle in a pickle jar.

41sdfukEnDL._AC_UL130_.jpg

I've been playing the Callaway Diablo Tour ball and with the sale Dick's has on these puppies, they work just fine for my old arse.

pDSP1-23767392p275w.jpg

Golf balls are like watermelons, you got to keep thumping em until the right sound comes back.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Rev you got to ride the hoss that takes you to the barn. Heck if a Top Flight gamer produced the best results for me, I'd have to put on my big boy pants and pound that sucker until the cows came home. I recently found a Wilson Staff FG Tour Golf Ball a few days back and put sucker in play. Totally impressed with everything about it and I'm thinking about buying a dozen to see if that was a fluke or maybe these balls do fit me like a pickle in a pickle jar.

I've been playing the Callaway Diablo Tour ball and with the sale Dick's has on these puppies, they work just fine for my old arse.

pDSP1-23767392p275w.jpg

Golf balls are like watermelons, you got to keep thumping em until the right sound comes back.

Love that watermelon quote! I agree, some golf balls will fit a players swing better than others. The key is to play as many of them as possible and see which one will get you what you want out of it; whether it is more distance, less side spin or better control around the green.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I'm a professional hacker so I know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

I've tried and played at one time or another just about every ball out there. Earlier this year and through out a lot of the summer months I played the Chrome Soft a lot. It's a good ball IMO. Sometimes I'd play a MG C4 or perhaps a Snell or PV1. Again... good balls. During this year I've also played a Duo Urethane a few times and a TM Tour ball of some flavor. More good balls. So how did my game fare? Bout like it always does. Some good rounds and others just so-so. Did one of these ball contribute to my not-so-good rounds? Nope. I've shot a few hideous stinkers where even if I'd played a ball given to me Jorden Speith my round would have still sucked. I'm a guy that really doesn't pay all that much attention whether one ball goes a little higher/lower than another. I seem to hit all good drives and irons about the same height and with the same shape. All balls (listed above) seem to perform about the same around the greens for me too. I'm not a huge spinner with my wedges. But all these balls will grab, check, hold greens sufficiently well for me. None of these balls causes me to play my best or my worst. I do all that myself by hanging onto a golf club for 4 hours. One thing I must have in a ball is a Urethane cover. Other than that... I don't care how many layers it has or dimples, or what the core is made of. Basically I just like a good feeling ball that plays well and performs distance-wise, chipping, approaches, putting.

Enter the Kirkland or Ksig....

What's so special about the Kirkland? The price.

Other than that it's right up there performance-wise with any of the other more expensive balls I like. I believe the Ksig might just beat them all on distance too.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Love the watermelon quote ole grey! As far as ball preference, I agree with plaid jacket's assessment. As long as I can find a Urethane ball that I can live with at an affordable price I'll play it. So my current love affair is with the RZN Black @ $20/dozen.

One day I'll try to pick up some Kirkland Signatures, if they'll stay in stock. But all things being equal, without price as a consideration, I'd play the B330 (no S) full time. It does everything a player of my caliber can possibly need it to do and then some.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

All I play and have played for the last decade plus is the ProV1x.  I am in the camp of play what works and unfortunately a $45 a dozen ball does that for me so I see no reason to change.  

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow HC 76g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

@Plaid while I agree that all our good golf balls I do notice a difference in the way they fly, perform in the wind, spin around the green and feel. There is a 10 yard difference for me between the ones I'm longest with and the ones I'm shortest with.

All of this is assuming good shots and let's face it we are both good enough players that we got our share of those. Bad shots are bad shots and no ball is going to help.

So the question is which ball produces best for me on good shots from tee to green. I only got one poor drive on Sunday. Everything else was flush so it was a great day to compare balls. I did hit a single drive with the B330 RX that went as far as the one that I hit with the Pro VIx. That's pretty significantly especially since the ball spins a bit better and feels better around the green.

As for the Kirkland ball in sure that its great. I'm less sure that it will be around this summer or next fall. Until I see a little staying power I'm reluctant to even try it.

The ball matters to me. I like to test, settle and play the same ball for a couple of seasons.

Im still searching for that one ball........Currently in my Bag:  Wilson Duo Urethane....55 compression, very consistent, shot 41/41 with it last week, great feel off the putter., very durable for a Urethane.  Bridgestone B330RX....have a couple dozen..good distance, somewhat clicky off the putter.  Snell MTB love the ball, will return to it in the Spring.  Wilson Duo Spin....35 compression have not hit it yet, but have 16 of them to try. Kick-X Still hae a dozen of these....great feel, not real durable.  Pro V1  have a couple sleeves...will wait until Spring.  Maxfl U3...1 dozen, great ball, very durable, easy on the short game, not made anymore. Wilson 50 Elite  got 2 dozen for $7/dozen....got them for Winter use.  Wilso Duo ....29 compression...2 dozen...plan on Winter Ball, after Duo U & Spin gone.

I just keep trying....

Foz, read Rev's post again... 4th paragraph   :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Foz, read Rev's post again... 4th paragraph   :D

"I think that it's important to pick a ball and stick with it because all perform well but differently."  

Yeah, I probably should.......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm sure most of y'all have seen it, but I used this link in my Stage 2 review of the Snell Get Sum.

https://www.snellgolf.com/dean-snell-golf-ball-fitting-philosophy/

Dean Snell has a pretty straight forward ball fitting philosophy. I think if you're willing to apply what he says here you may open yourself up to a much larger ball selection. At the very least you might be able to play a more affordable ball.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I tend to fancy myself a much better golfer than I actually am. What type of ball is truly required for a 12-15 and above handicapper? Is urethane nice? Of course it is. But if I see the Get Sum checking up on the green in a similar fashion to a 'tour ball,' and I'm not losing distance off the tee with it, why wouldn't I play it? I love the RZN Black at its current price point, or the B330 when they're on sale, but if I'm honest with myself I can probably get by just fine with an E6, Get Sum, or similar.

Just rambling...

sent from mobile device - please forgive typos

Driver: Taylormade SLDR, Diamana Kai'li 70 

3 Wood: Callaway X Tour 15*

Hybrid: Bobby Jones 21* (Original)

Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW

Wedges: Scor 4161 52*, 57*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport

@Rev - No matter what anyone else says (cough **Plaid** cough) it's never blasphemy to find something that works for your game.  And I'm right with you on finding a ball and sticking with it.  I too have concerns with the Kirklands longevity, but I'm still buying them whenever I can and hope it will last a couple seasons.  I still love the Snell MTB and for the price I am completely confident and satisfied with that as a back up ball.

I know you want to find a ball and settle down quickly, but I've also been hearing some pretty good stuff about the new TP5 & TP5x from Taylormade.  Might be worth testing a sleeve of those as well.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Blasphemy--- Scared me for a minute when I saw the headline and it coming from you> Whew! just a story about golf balls ok!! I like the ProVs and have for years. If I was back playing serious comp that is what I would play period. Now recently I have been messing around with Srixon Soft Feels and Bridgestone Treo Softs. A few weeks ago my buddy gave me 2 doz brand new older Pro Vs the old 332s or whatever. Played them last week in a scramble in fact hit the same ball all day. I guess I am back to playing them to some extent may get some of this years models when they discount them or go to my buddy at the flea market

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Rev you got to ride the hoss that takes you to the barn.  Heck if a Top Flight gamer produced the best results for me, I'd have to put on my big boy pants and pound that sucker until the cows came home.  I recently found a Wilson Staff FG Tour Golf Ball a few days back and put sucker in play.   Totally impressed with everything about it and I'm thinking about buying a dozen to see if that was a fluke or maybe these balls do fit me like a pickle in a pickle jar.

pDSP1-23767392p275w.jpg

My Granny could thump the crap out of a watermelon and a cantalop too!! She taught me the "art" of doing that. She never picked a bad one and I guess I learned too because I have never picked a bad one. Bad thing about that is when my wife wants one or another she sends me to the produce stand

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I would never fault anybody for choosing a particular ball. I know what I need for my game on the course that I play most frequently.

We've all seen the tests and realize that when we are talking spin we aren't talking about full shots from 100 to 200. Your or mid level balls will perform about the same at these distances.

Spin matters a lot inside of 100. You either want it or you don't. The shots that my course requires around the green call for spin or else it's very difficult to get it up and down.

I do think it's a mistake to change balls all the time other than when testing them because they are all different. If I'm expecting check and it runs out I could go from a 3 footer to a 7 footer on a chip. That's a 95 percent make to a 40 percent make without doing anything physically wrong.

The ball does matter because it removes a variable. I'm all for removing variables when I play. If I happen to find one tgats at the top end of performance for my swing so much the better.

As the guys who have played with me will bear out I hit the ball very accurately, I don't lose many balls any way. Ive gone 70 rounds this season and have 14 left from the 3 dozen that I started with. Its not going to break me to play a ball that's 45 a dozen.

My Granny could thump the crap out of a watermelon and a cantalop too!! She taught me the "art" of doing that. She never picked a bad one and I guess I learned too because I have never picked a bad one. Bad thing about that is when my wife wants one or another she sends me to the produce stand

I hear ya bruther. When ya raised in a melon thumping family, it becomes an art that is handed down through the generations.  Hell I've had people walking through the grocery store and after seeing my thumping prowess, would ask me to thump one for them. You know when you're good you're good. Not bragging but not many folks out there that can out thump this ole boy.  

Cleveland

Food for thought:

Does being a more accomplished/low handicap provide more insight on ball performance? I don't keep a handicap, but I figure I'm somewhere around a 9-12 HC. 

I like most tour balls. I like the "feel" of them. Having said that..... I honestly can't say I score better with a tour ball compared to, say, an NXT or any other surlyn covered ball. I just prefer the feel of a urethane ball. 

My ball of choice is ProV1 or 1X.... maybe 1X over all. I've played a lot of balls over the years, but I always end up back with Pro V1 or 1X. 

No reason, other than I just like the way they feel off of all my clubs. I think this alone can/might contribute to better scores.

I hear ya bruther. When ya raised in a melon thumping family, it becomes an art that is handed down through the generations.  Hell I've had people walking through the grocery store and after seeing my thumping prowess, would ask me to thump one for them. You know when you're good you're good. Not bragging but not many folks out there that can out thump this ole boy.  

Oh man besides a golf contest I see a melon thumping contest coming our way. Yep thumping is a lost art. I have had a lot of transplants looking at me funny at the produce stands. Tell you something else I can taste a watermelon and tell you if it came from Pageland SC, Darlington County SC or Pitt County NC (where Granny was from). Back in the day when Pepsi was in real glass bottles I could tell the difference between one bottled in New Bern NC or on Dickinson Avenue in Greenville NC now with these plastic bottles all of them taste the same to me.

G

Food for thought:

Does being a more accomplished/low handicap provide more insight on ball performance? I don't keep a handicap, but I figure I'm somewhere around a 9-12 HC. 

I like most tour balls. I like the "feel" of them. Having said that..... I honestly can't say I score better with a tour ball compared to, say, an NXT or any other surlyn covered ball. I just prefer the feel of a urethane ball. 

My ball of choice is ProV1 or 1X.... maybe 1X over all. I've played a lot of balls over the years, but I always end up back with Pro V1 or 1X. 

No reason, other than I just like the way they feel off of all my clubs. I think this alone can/might contribute to better scores.

I will add something to the mix here. Different type balls perform differently with different brand of clubs. With the old Macs they seem to do better with Pro Vs. Now when I was doing R&D with Infiniti clubs the old Infiniti 302s hit real good with the old TP Reds not as well with the Pro Vs. Those 13 Cally X forged I am experimenting with now seem to hit really good with the ProV 1s not as well with the Srixon Z stars or Q Stars and not worth a hoot with the Soft Feels. Just my observations

G

Oh man besides a golf contest I see a melon thumping contest coming our way. Yep thumping is a lost art. I have had a lot of transplants looking at me funny at the produce stands. Tell you something else I can taste a watermelon and tell you if it came from Pageland SC, Darlington County SC or Pitt County NC (where Granny was from). Back in the day when Pepsi was in real glass bottles I could tell the difference between one bottled in New Bern NC or on Dickinson Avenue in Greenville NC now with these plastic bottles all of them taste the same to me.

No doubt you could whup me like a red headed step child on the golf course however I might have a shot at taking your arse to the woodshed with the watermelon thumping. :D 

Cleveland

I will add something to the mix here. Different type balls perform differently with different brand of clubs. With the old Macs they seem to do better with Pro Vs. Now when I was doing R&D with Infiniti clubs the old Infiniti 302s hit real good with the old TP Reds not as well with the Pro Vs. Those 13 Cally X forged I am experimenting with now seem to hit really good with the ProV 1s not as well with the Srixon Z stars or Q Stars and not worth a hoot with the Soft Feels. Just my observations

I think this is very true. Its why it's important to be fit with the ball that you use, if possible.

I did a test for SCOR short irons a few years ago and there was a 20 percent spin difference between the ball at the range and my normal gamer according to the monitor that I used. I was in the high 8000's rpm range ball and mid to high 10's with my gamer.

Archived