GolfSpy Barbajo

Official Forum Member Review: Bettinardi Putters

That looks like a manufacturing defect- looks like Bettinardi is having issues not only with rust, but hardness of the putter, and maintaining the finish... Not good...

My wife made the same statement you did. She said no way should that putter ding that easy. Sometimes you carry a wedge back to the cart with putter in hand. That's the only way I could imagine it chipped like that although I don't recall the two clubs clicking that hard together .

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Never seen any of my Over 50 Bettinardi's ever have a problem with finish or denting and chipping like that pic. I'd  have to really see it in person but it looks like it took quite a bump along the top line for it too have a finish chip off and leave a ding. Something like another club banging into top line with some type of force. Unlike a forged iron where they are clanging together while walking 18 holes for years at a time clubs get those dings, and yes sometimes the chrome finish can get screwed up. But I haven't seen that with any of my Bettinardi's at all and I've owned easily 50 or more over the last 20 years. I'd take some pics and call or write Bettinardi and talk to them and see what they have to say. They might just help you out.

• Like 1

Never seen any of my Over 50 Bettinardi's ever have a problem with finish or denting and chipping like that pic. I'd  have to really see it in person but it looks like it took quite a bump along the top line for it too have a finish chip off and leave a ding. Something like another club banging into top line with some type of force. Unlike a forged iron where they are clanging together while walking 18 holes for years at a time clubs get those dings, and yes sometimes the chrome finish can get screwed up. But I haven't seen that with any of my Bettinardi's at all and I've owned easily 50 or more over the last 20 years. I'd take some pics and call or write Bettinardi and talk to them and see what they have to say. They might just help you out.

Yea they do have excellent customer service as I've had to return one already due to rust issues.  As I've said earlier, I have no clue when the ding happened and truth be known, I would be a bit embarrassed to ask to return it again.  Being a tester you get to keep the product and this one happens to be an expensive one.  I hate to rattle the cage again. It's a great putter and I have totally enjoyed it. I wish I knew how the damage happened because at least then I could understand it better.

Touching base here with an update on the Queen Bee #9.   It's been a few months now and things do change.  My putting is not as solid as it was and I'm pretty sure my mechanics are off.  I'm missing quite a few putts in the 5 - 8 foot range that I was making earlier in my testing. It's funny how you can roll something so darn well and later you wonder what the heck is going on. I did make a 50ish foot putt today for birdie that tied a guy who had one for three foot. You should have seen his face as mine crept into the hole.   Priceless! :D  Maybe I can get my stroke working again so Betty can drain more putts for me..... :unsure:  

• Like 1

Oh no! Get back to practicing brother. One thing I noticed in my putter test is that range is far from automatic. You gotta put that work in

• Like 2

Oh no! Get back to practicing brother. One thing I noticed in my putter test is that range is far from automatic. You gotta put that work in

I've been working on my regular swing and had it cooking with Crisco today.  I missed a few short putts that would have put me under 80 with the temps in the 40's and 35 mph wind gusts.  I going to blame the missed putts on the wind as it did blow me off balance more than once....  You're right about practicing with the flat stick and that's where a ton of strokes are saved. 

Such a beautiful putter but I hit everything out of the toe with it due to it not having an alinement line.

this left me with inconsistent lags and misses from 10 feet in.

It did not stay in the bag But the one I bought after that just keeps performing.

This is just how having no alinement line affected me over time others might like that look.

• Like 1

Such a beautiful putter but I hit everything out of the toe with it due to it not having an alinement line.

this left me with inconsistent lags and misses from 10 feet in.

It did not stay in the bag But the one I bought after that just keeps performing.

This is just how having no alinement line affected me over time others might like that look.

Sorry if I missed it, did you buy another Betti or something else?

I just thought you drew your own center line.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Sorry if I missed it, did you buy another Betti or something else?

I just thought you drew your own center line.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Yes I did draw my own centre line this did help but once doubt is in the back of my mind I had to let the putter go.

I moved on to a Cameron and crown M1 and It`s been in the bag since.

I know it's not Thursday but this isn't that old of a thread either.

@OG

Hopefully my memory doesn't deceive me, but don't I remember you talking recently about looking into Evnroll? What's wrong with Betty?

Did the magic wear off? If so, what are you noticing now that wasn't apparent before?

• Like 1

I know it's not Thursday but this isn't that old of a thread either.

@OG

Hopefully my memory doesn't deceive me, but don't I remember you talking recently about looking into Evnroll? What's wrong with Betty?

Did the magic wear off? If so, what are you noticing now that wasn't apparent before?

I did mention an Evnroll. Reason being I recently teed it up with MGS member kingcscott who games the ER2. He was putting incredibly well with it so yea it peaked my interest. I'm still in love with Betty and she ain't leaving the bag. In fact Scott will tell you I was rolling Betty pretty sweet that day too. To be honest I have been interested in a Cure putter as well. One day if the price is right I might pick up an Evnroll, Cure, or something totally different. It's kind of like having a pretty woman and another one walks by that turns your head. You're not looking to leave the one you're with but the other one sure does look good

• Like 3

Just saying Betty is still in the bag and rolling the rock good!   Besides a little ding on her head, she's still pretty as a peach in a homemade ice cream churn.   

• Like 1

Update on Betty.  I put a Flat Cat  grip on her and lawd have mercy she's back in the sack!  I love that pretty little heifer....  :wub:  

• Like 1

I sent an email this morning to Bettinardi about a little nick on my putter.  It hurts my heart when I look down and see that nick. 

BettinardiChip.jpg

For the price of these Bettinardi putters, the finish is just not up to Par.

Yea this needs an extra coat of finish/protection. I love my putter. I want it to look good too because I'm diligent in taking care of it. No idea what caused that chip...

A friend here in the UK has just sent his back due to finish failure.. such a shame because they really are a beautiful piece of equipment