GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

Picked up a painful back injury. Not really sure how I did it, but about 2 weeks ago went down to Missouri to play a quick softball tournament in my brothers name . Left Friday after work came back home Sunday. Then Tuesday Wednesday had training at headquarters 1:45 away with 6 hours of training then back home. Thursday went to the course after work for league right left started getting painful made it difficult to walk got huge cramp in my right glute. Haven't been able to take more than 2 steps without a ton of pain getting worse the longer I go. Went to the dr got xray showed nothing. Got some steroids muscle relaxers and antiinflamitory. I imagine if the Palin doesn't get better after I finish the steroids in a few days it will be MRI time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That sucks and can be anything hopefully not pulls or tears

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This last week has wreaked havoc on my shoulder. Well, I should say it had been declining again. It's the same as it was before the surgery. I am starting to wonder if I am stuck like this forever. I can do everything I need to, but it gets painful after a while. PT tomorrow, hopefully they can figure something out.

• Like 1

How's your neck and back Alan? I know what your Doctor has said by your posts here, but have you considered going to a chiropractor?

I have pain in my left should that flares up and it's from my neck. A trip to the chiro once a month sorts me out.

• Like 1

How's your neck and back Alan? I know what your Doctor has said by your posts here, but have you considered going to a chiropractor?

I have pain in my left should that flares up and it's from my neck. A trip to the chiro once a month sorts me out.

Seems alright to me. Actually better then ever.

PT tried that scraping treatment, seemed to help, said there was a lot of scar tissue. She also checks my neck alignment.

• Like 1

Seems alright to me. Actually better then ever.

PT tried that scraping treatment, seemed to help, said there was a lot of scar tissue. She also checks my neck alignment.

The "Graston Technique" was my absolute least favorite treatment during my PT tenure. Ooooo just makes me cringe thinking of it.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

The "Graston Technique" was my absolute least favorite treatment during my PT tenure. Ooooo just makes me cringe thinking of it.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

That's what it's called? I don't really care for it either. But it worked for a few days...

I got released Friday by the doctor, this was my first weekend to make full swings on the golf course. Very mixed results on my golfing, but just minor pain, more of a nuisance than real pain.

• Like 4

Word in from the MRI 2 protruding discs L4L5, L5S1 and an annular tear at L4L5. Go in next Friday to see what the Dr wants to do about that.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Word in from the MRI 2 protruding discs L4L5, L5S1 and an annular tear at L4L5. Go in next Friday to see what the Dr wants to do about that.

That sucks, sometimes they recommend the chiropractor for that

Ahh, mate, that sucks. I have DDD in the L5/S1.

Update. Apparently I “heal too fast”.

PT did Studs favorite technique again yesterday, it was like running over a gravel road. A bunch of scar tissue bumping into my bicep tendon.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ahh, mate, that sucks. I have DDD in the L5/S1.

I had an MRI done maybe 10 years ago, and they said I had DDD there too.  It's better known as "old age".  Still living with it; stretching and mild meds.

• Like 1

Woke up this morning and my shoulder was “stuck” just like before. Pretty sure I had a botched surgery. We are at 5 months out now and I'm still having recurring issues.

Requesting to see a new doc to get a different opinion.

Might have to start to learn how to play left handed.

Woke up this morning and my shoulder was “stuck” just like before. Pretty sure I had a botched surgery. We are at 5 months out now and I'm still having recurring issues.

Requesting to see a new doc to get a different opinion.

Might have to start to learn how to play left handed.

Be like Phil the Thrill righty playing lefty

• Like 1

Be like Phil the Thrill righty playing lefty

It would take me years to figure it out.

Sounds like a fun challenge, but I'd do it with the careful eye of a coach. It would be like starting from scratch, no bad habits. Might be worth it. Haha

• Like 1

Gotta annual checkup this week. Here's my list to discuss with the Dr.

- when I raise my right arm to shoulder height 8 have a strong pain coming from the shoulder, pain has been there for about 3 months

- I have some sort of tendonitis in my right tricep/elbow......pain has been constant for two months

- my right knee is giving out when It is bent and I put tension on it.....a solid month.

These are the new pains, I still have overstretched ligaments in my left ankle.

- when I raise my right arm to shoulder height 8 have a strong pain coming from the shoulder, pain has been there for about 3 months

- I have some sort of tendonitis in my right tricep/elbow......pain has been constant for two months

- my right knee is giving out when It is bent and I put tension on it.....a solid month.

Foz sounds like you're having a rough time

• Like 1

Where's the dislike button?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Perfect. My right hand is all messed up. Can't grip my golf clubs without pain. I wonder if this is a sign. First was the shoulder; now my hand and shoulder. Hope this crap goes away.

I am happy to report I am mostly healed. I still have some minor pain, more of tired feeling in my shoulder, my elbow is down to 1 1/2 normal size and no rib pain. I returned to work, actually I started a new job last week, and no major issues. I can still tell there was a problem, but 95% healed.

• Like 5