hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

On 4/30/2019 at 5:03 PM, cnosil said:

Broke the 130 barrier with green today; also hit 120 with the blue.    I know it won't last, but enjoying the big speed jumps I am seeing over the past week or so.  

1240046983_IMG_0427(Small).JPG.78e8338997057c39bde07695e8d602f5.JPG

Awesome, dude! I just logged on to post mine, too:

IMG_20190501_184355.jpg.bc7ecbaa47367b56e407a323662f5918.jpg

I made two small changes (really focusing on a good shoulder turn and tension-free swinging). I'm ecstatic. 

• Like 6

Broke the 130 barrier with green today; also hit 120 with the blue.    I know it won't last, but enjoying the big speed jumps I am seeing over the past week or so.  

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 10:03 PM, cnosil said:

thats fantastic- what will that equate to, speed wise, with your driver?

• Like 1

Based on what I have read the easy calculation is 81% of green number, 85% of blue, and 88% red. The 135 would translate to 109ish. I have swung faster on the radar and GC quad with a driver. 111 is the max I have hit on GC quad when I was doing the most wanted driver testing. I need to swing a driver when I go to headquarters. But most have been put away since iron testing is underway. I have gone all out with a 5 iron and was just under 100mph.
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Based on what I have read the easy calculation is 81% of green number, 85% of blue, and 88% red. The 135 would translate to 109ish. I have swung faster on the radar and GC quad with a driver. 111 is the max I have hit on GC quad when I was doing the most wanted driver testing. I need to swing a driver when I go to headquarters. But most have been put away since iron testing is underway. I have gone all out with a 5 iron and was just under 100mph.

Sounds right in there I'd say. I was lucky enough (or ashamed enough) to have done my SS training yesterday mornng, and then by chance just happened to end up in a fitting bay hitting some drivers and here is what I saw same day: Morning training session recorded 133 Green, 131 Blue, 125 Red...........and then on GC Quad in afternoon I pretty much lived in the 110-113mph range for most all swings.

Edit: my all time highs for those 3 clubs being higher (142 G, 135 B, 127 R) just slightly, if trying to compare a "ceiling" number, but same day as above stated I think is nice to see.

Edited by Trial&Error
  • Like 2

20190430_104013.jpeg

Had the juice the other day entering week 20. Really looking forward to starting the ASD next week to see if that can give me one last jump. For those guys who've done the ASD did you see a jump after or was it still gradual?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

20190430_104013.jpeg

Had the juice the other day entering week 20. Really looking forward to starting the ASD next week to see if that can give me one last jump. For those guys who've done the ASD did you see a jump after or was it still gradual?

Oh boy!! Big numbers. What have you seen for Driver swing speed lately then? If we are trying tokeep track of and chime in on "training numbers (and percentages) versus driver speeds as discussed above.

Hit 125 with my last swing of week 1 training!

IMG_4446.jpg

So far I am very impressed with this program. I took some swings with my driver before hand after warming up and was hitting 109! And that was only after two sessions.

Looking forward to continuing on to week 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

20190430_104013.jpeg

Oh man, that's crazy!

You're Nolan Ryan to my Randy Jones

• Like 2

Man these are some serious numbers that you boys are putting up.

• Like 2

Oh boy!! Big numbers. What have you seen for Driver swing speed lately then? If we are trying tokeep track of and chime in on "training numbers (and percentages) versus driver speeds as discussed above.
Driver swing speed falls right into that 81% rule. However I am not able to swing with that much speed at a ball as of yet. That speeds lags behind by about 5 to 10 mph.

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Man these are some serious numbers that you boys are putting up.

hoping to see your numbers getting up there as well!

• Like 1

Congrats guys to all the big numbers that y'all are putting up!@cnosil @Trial& Error @B.Boston @tchat07 you guys are putting up numbers I'd love to see.

I've been in the maintenance phase for the last couple of weeks due to golf season, driver testing, and just having to do things around the house. Spring time is definitely busy time.

One note about the maintenance phase, it's awkward going back and doing the step change, my body wants to do the double step.

Keep up the great work guys! It's definitely worth it when you start reaching parts of the course you're not used to hitting from.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mike Lambert said:

Oh man, that's crazy!

You're Nolan Ryan to my Randy Jones

Thanks for the Randy Jones link. That was a good read!

• Like 2

hoping to see your numbers getting up there as well!

I have a limiting factor - it’s called age. I’d love to top that 125 mark though - that would be cool

• Like 2

Thought I'd post a few numbers now that I've finished week 20...the past 3 weeks have been busy, so I've only been able get 2 sessions a week in, but my speeds have been holding pretty steady.  I plan to work in the ASD protocols starting next week - I'm going to skip the first one and jump to the second since sequencing is a bit more of a problem for me than ground contact.  Running that for 6 weeks will get me to the end of level 3, then I'll go into maintenance mode for the rest of the summer which will free up some time for practice between rounds on Saturdays.  Not sure if that's enough time to get out of the current plateau, but I'll be happy to stay where I am and not lose ground.

I got to play my first round of the season this past Saturday, and was pretty happy especially considering I haven't been able to hit balls at the range or into a net in my yard due to all the rain we've had.  Broke my previous best score by 4 strokes (97 - it's not easy being a 30+ handicap)...if I hadn't missed 4 putts I normally would have made and didn't blow up on a couple of par 3s on 16 and 17, I had a good shot at 90.  Next round: tomorrow.

I think I was hitting a little longer than last year, but was a bit wild and hit some pop-ups off the tee and was a bit left.  Don't have any data from last year - this was my first round with the Arccos, which is an awesome device.  Definitely was more comfortable in my swing than last year, and everything I hit was pretty straight (except one drive that I pulled left to the far side of the neighboring fairway - but made my best shot of the day with a 7 iron 140 yds onto the green, wouldn't have done that last year).

Anyway, here's the numbers:

image.png.e1345dcd44f5c709750376259cc506d7.png

• Like 6

Thought I'd post a few numbers now that I've finished week 20...the past 3 weeks have been busy, so I've only been able get 2 sessions a week in, but my speeds have been holding pretty steady.  I plan to work in the ASD protocols starting next week - I'm going to skip the first one and jump to the second since sequencing is a bit more of a problem for me than ground contact.  Running that for 6 weeks will get me to the end of level 3, then I'll go into maintenance mode for the rest of the summer which will free up some time for practice between rounds on Saturdays.  Not sure if that's enough time to get out of the current plateau, but I'll be happy to stay where I am and not lose ground.
I got to play my first round of the season this past Saturday, and was pretty happy especially considering I haven't been able to hit balls at the range or into a net in my yard due to all the rain we've had.  Broke my previous best score by 4 strokes (97 - it's not easy being a 30+ handicap)...if I hadn't missed 4 putts I normally would have made and didn't blow up on a couple of par 3s on 16 and 17, I had a good shot at 90.  Next round: tomorrow.
I think I was hitting a little longer than last year, but was a bit wild and hit some pop-ups off the tee and was a bit left.  Don't have any data from last year - this was my first round with the Arccos, which is an awesome device.  Definitely was more comfortable in my swing than last year, and everything I hit was pretty straight (except one drive that I pulled left to the far side of the neighboring fairway - but made my best shot of the day with a 7 iron 140 yds onto the green, wouldn't have done that last year).
Anyway, here's the numbers:
image.png.e1345dcd44f5c709750376259cc506d7.png
Mike, first of all congrats on your new low score! That's awesome! I want you to know that I also struggled with pop-ups. I think the training might have led to a steeper angle of attack, for me, and caused me to hit high on the face. I tried lowering my tee height, shoulder angles, and ball position. It took a little time and a lot of frustration before being able to find good contact, but once I did, yowza! I'm dropping bombs and have more confidence in my driver than I've had in a long time. I have complete and total faith you'll get there.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait to hear stories from you and the other testers of long drives and low scores.

• Like 3

I’m going to do ASD 2 for a while again - just struggling with my sequencing a bit. I worked it out on the range yesterday but I’ve had a couple of rounds recently where I was leaving my irons right - I’m sure I need a different shaft in those irons but that’s also a swing flaw.

I have also noticed that I need to tee the ball lower than I used to. So reading that from two other guys is interesting

• Like 3

I’m going to do ASD 2 for a while again - just struggling with my sequencing a bit. I worked it out on the range yesterday but I’ve had a couple of rounds recently where I was leaving my irons right - I’m sure I need a different shaft in those irons but that’s also a swing flaw.

I have also noticed that I need to tee the ball lower than I used to. So reading that from two other guys is interesting

I've actually gone from using 3 1/2" tees down to 2 3/4" to make up for how much lower I'm teeing the ball. I used to tee it high and let it fly now I tee it low and watch it go!

I think the ASD 2 protocol is phenomenal, getting a feel for how the whole body works in concert to swing the club makes a huge difference in my game. Heck, it's the one Phil's doing every time I see him with a SuperSpeed stick in his hands. If it's good enough for Phil, it's good enough for me.

• Like 4

What is ASD? Can I get that info on their site? I’d scroll back through the thread to see if it was there but figured I’d ask since you just mentioned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk