Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

I started my training on 1/15 and have followed the protocol suggestions.   I had slipped down to a 100 mph driver ss over the last several years from approx 108.  

I'm going to follow the program for the entire season in hopes of getting past the plateau periods and hope for an increase by the end of the year back to the 108-110 range.  

It's too early to get frustrated but I do find it interesting that my  ss with the lightest green stick is usually only 110-112 while I'm 108 with the red. the blue as expected is 100-102 at the moment.   With my current driver, I'm now getting up to 105-107 although I don't thing I would swing that hard on course.   Still, it's nice to see the increase over what I was capable of before I started the training.     When I swing the green,  the sound and feel seem noticeably  faster yet I'm disappointed to see low numbers...  I can't wait to see where I am after finishing level 2.

Back with the training again today.  It was definitely a day of mixed feelings.

The good news: after taking the entire summer off I finally matched my top green club speed again.  I was also within 1mph of my best blue and red swings.

IMG_1540.JPG.b7b08e91c474a44aa9f3fba74df711d8.JPG

And the bad news.  After 507 days of training together I regret to inform everyone that my SwingSpeed Radar is no longer with us.  The next swing after 144mph I tried to give it one last gargantuan effort to set an all time personal best.  Unfortunately this is what happened:

IMG_1541.JPG.a0d8afbe03b24377e3457df14642f98b.JPG

If I had to predict I would say that my swing that broke the radar was otherwordly.  The device decided that rather than show me such a massive speed it would crack it's own screen to save me from myself and the massive ego that would follow.

Thank you old friend.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

5 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

The good news: after taking the entire summer off I finally matched my top green club speed again.  I was also within 1mph of my best blue and red swings.

And the bad news.  After 507 days of training together I regret to inform everyone that my SwingSpeed Radar is no longer with us.  The next swing after 144mph I tried to give it one last gargantuan effort to set an all time personal best.  Unfortunately this is what happened:

If I had to predict I would say that my swing that broke the radar was otherwordly.  The device decided that rather than show me such a massive speed it would crack it's own screen to save me from myself and the massive ego that would follow.

Thank you old friend.

It's good to know that the maximum swing speed for my radar is 144.  I'll try to remember that.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thank you old friend.

144 isn’t otherworldly as is? RIP Mr Radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

at the end of each session I finish with a couple of driver swings.  I have noticed a steady increase in my driver from week to week so far but strangely not much change in my green stick.

Day one my drivers highest reading was 101 and today it was 108 for three of four swings.  I'm happy to see the improvements but why would my red and blue be increasing and not the green.  I am swinging almost as fast with the blue as green.  I have only managed to hit 115-117 a couple of random times with my normal being 111.  

Rest in peace Mr. Radar, you gave your owner great service and will be sorely missed. That's always a bummer when you hear the crunch of impact, or in your case, I can see where the blade of air impacted the radar and ended its life.

Hitting 144 is a massive number! I might one day see it, if it picks up ball speed, that is.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Does anyone from the original group still have his original radar? I’m on number 3.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Does anyone from the original group still have his original radar? I’m on number 3.

Rev are you using something other than your SC200?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My original radar got broken fairly early on. I still had it in case I wanted to get it fixed. I think I threw it away sometime around Christmas. Radar number two is still kicking!

5 hours ago, revkev said:

Mine still works perfectly, but it hasn't been used much since last spring.  I started back up, but may be making a few protocol changes.  More on that later after I do so testing.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So here's a follow-up question: if you had to do it over again would you go with the SwingSpeed Radar, or switch to something else?  The SwingSpeed was perfectly fine for the training protocols but doesn't seem all that valuable outside of the training.  Do you think upgrading to something else would be worth it?

SuperSpeed is no longer even offering the SwingSpeed radar on their website.  They recently switched to the PRGR Black Pocket Launch Monitor for $200.  It's doppler radar based and provides swing speed, ball speed, carry distance, total distance, and smash factor for each club.  Assuming it's reliable with the numbers that's not a bad deal.

PRGR.JPG.2fd3ef678fb8e8148d84a6f365becc5d.JPG

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

I would definitely go with the PRGR over the swing speed radar considering it gives more data than just the radar. I'll use the radar at the range, but it doesn't excite me as much as actually seeing the data from the ball flight and the distances. The PRGR does, and I like that.

My only question would be about the set-up for SuperSpeed training. Do you set it up behind the club just to get the speed data, or can you place it like the swing speed radar where it's more convenient to see? Just my two cents....

There is a great review from Practical Golf I read on accuracy. https://practical-golf.com/prgr-launch-monitor-review/

Has anyone had trouble with the swingspeed radar showing numbers much lower than actual swingspeed. With the speed sticks, i can’t swing above 82 mph lol. My average 7 iron swingspeed on trackman and GC quad is 85mph on average so there is no way that the swingspeed radar is accurate when im using the superspeed sticks. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Has anyone had trouble with the swingspeed radar showing numbers much lower than actual swingspeed. With the speed sticks, i can’t swing above 82 mph lol. My average 7 iron swingspeed on trackman and GC quad is 85mph on average so there is no way that the swingspeed radar is accurate when im using the superspeed sticks. 
Only on occasion, I can't explain what happens but my best guess would be either dying batteries or swinging too high where the radar just doesn't pick up the swing fully. Other than that, it might have something to do with positioning, it may be too far away. Have you tried taking it to the range and used it to hit driver and see if it registers higher?

Sorry I couldn't be off much help, but just wanted to let you know I've seen it happen.

26 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I never had any issues like that with it.

I agree to double check things like placement and a fresh set of batteries.  Also make sure you have the radar in golf mode.  You'll definitely get some funky readings if it's in baseball mode or metric.

24 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Only on occasion, I can't explain what happens but my best guess would be either dying batteries or swinging too high where the radar just doesn't pick up the swing fully. Other than that, it might have something to do with positioning, it may be too far away. Have you tried taking it to the range and used it to hit driver and see if it registers higher?

Sorry I couldn't be off much help, but just wanted to let you know I've seen it happen.

I put in new batteries so that’s not the issue. I never thought about the swinging too high part, will have to try it again.

22 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

I never had any issues like that with it.

I agree to double check things like placement and a fresh set of batteries.  Also make sure you have the radar in golf mode.  You'll definitely get some funky readings if it's in baseball mode or metric.

i did make sure it is in golf mode and mph (not baseball)

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 2/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, Bucky CC said:

Thank you old friend.

At least it went out with a 😎

BANG.  

amiright????

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Well I didnt pull a Bucky and give my radar a send off. Did however get a monster jump on the green club. Started off with a 140 and was pretty stoked then followed it with a 148 and 149. Probably should have just stopped right there haha because the juice was gone after that. I 100% prefer the twice a week training I feel less sore and I am still seeing increases. Now the only question is if I can maintain through the season. 20200217_154651.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Rev are you using something other than your SC200?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah my radar - I have number 3, still in tact.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well I didnt pull a Bucky and give my radar a send off. Did however get a monster jump on the green club. Started off with a 140 and was pretty stoked then followed it with a 148 and 149. Probably should have just stopped right there haha because the juice was gone after that. I 100% prefer the twice a week training I feel less sore and I am still seeing increases. Now the only question is if I can maintain through the season. 20200217_154651.jpeg.ace9efa390c9596e165046d3530ec0d2.jpeg

Pretty sure the only way I’m seeing a number like that is if I switch it to KPH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I'm now one month into my training and I'm happy to see some speed gains in my driver.    I started at 99mph  and this morning I had two swings at 107 and two at 108.  However, I still haven't gotten any faster with my green stick.  I seem to be stuck at 112 with an occasional  swing slightly faster which might just be the radar.  My blue stick is nearly as fast as the green and might catch it in a few weeks 🙂  .    At the range I was consistently hitting 103 with a controlled swing.    

what are the thoughts on using the radar at the range.   are there any pros/cons to trying to swing as fast as you can during practice ? 

I'm now one month into my training and I'm happy to see some speed gains in my driver.    I started at 99mph  and this morning I had two swings at 107 and two at 108.  However, I still haven't gotten any faster with my green stick.  I seem to be stuck at 112 with an occasional  swing slightly faster which might just be the radar.  My blue stick is nearly as fast as the green and might catch it in a few weeks   .    At the range I was consistently hitting 103 with a controlled swing.    
what are the thoughts on using the radar at the range.   are there any pros/cons to trying to swing as fast as you can during practice ? 
I think a big piece with the using it on the range is you can find the point where you start losing your preferred dispersion. I know the general speed and feel of when I start losing the trajectory that I want to put on the ball. Also dont worry about the green being similar to the blue that happens, the key is really trying to get that higher acceleration with the green because it is lighter.

I'm now one month into my training and I'm happy to see some speed gains in my driver.    I started at 99mph  and this morning I had two swings at 107 and two at 108.  However, I still haven't gotten any faster with my green stick.  I seem to be stuck at 112 with an occasional  swing slightly faster which might just be the radar.  My blue stick is nearly as fast as the green and might catch it in a few weeks   .    At the range I was consistently hitting 103 with a controlled swing.    

Back when we were the testing group Daisy from SuoerSpeed always challenged us to swing as fast as we could.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks everyone.  I've tried to speed read thru the 90 pages of this thread to get any useful tips and manage my expectations.   I was originally on the fence about getting the radar but it has proven to be extremely valuable.   There is no question that swinging harder does not alway equate to faster and the radar help identify the feel and technique which creates the higher speeds.     I am trying to put maximum effort into each and every swing during the training.  This morning I finally saw an increase which was very exciting.  I decided to take a little longer in between swings rather than doing them in rapid succesion.    I can now achieve a driver SS of 108 on radar  which is about what I had most of my life.  On the range using my actual playing swing it is averaging 104 but that is still up from the 100mph that I had slipped to over the last several years.   I'm happy with the progress thus far and expect the gains to continue.  At 52 years old I don't expect my results to come as quickly or  be the same as someone younger.  However, I'm convinced that by the end of six months I will regain my 108 playing speed.         or more...

On 2/18/2020 at 8:41 AM, nevets77 said:

I'm now one month into my training and I'm happy to see some speed gains in my driver.    I started at 99mph  and this morning I had two swings at 107 and two at 108.  However, I still haven't gotten any faster with my green stick.  I seem to be stuck at 112 with an occasional  swing slightly faster which might just be the radar.  My blue stick is nearly as fast as the green and might catch it in a few weeks 🙂  .    At the range I was consistently hitting 103 with a controlled swing.    

Welcome to the forums, and I'm glad you are using the SuperSpeed training.  It does work.  Also, don't worry too much about the green stick.  It's a little different for everyone.  Some people don't get along with light shafts, but it's important to work with all three clubs.  Working with the radar, you can see what swings give better speeds.  I am terrible with my left hand doing anything, but working with the sticks, I was able to get my left hand swings speed up to my right hand swings.  It also felt easier, so I knew that I had swing flaws that was slowing down my speed.  Time to work on that!!

Best of luck!!

Welcome to the forums, and I'm glad you are using the SuperSpeed training.  It does work.  Also, don't worry too much about the green stick.  It's a little different for everyone.  Some people don't get along with light shafts, but it's important to work with all three clubs.  Working with the radar, you can see what swings give better speeds.  I am terrible with my left hand doing anything, but working with the sticks, I was able to get my left hand swings speed up to my right hand swings.  It also felt easier, so I knew that I had swing flaws that was slowing down my speed.  Time to work on that!!
Best of luck!!

That must be the reason I cannot swing at those ungodly 140+ MPG green sticks. I just don’t get along with light shafts because I’m too strong.

thats my story and I’m sticking to it!

More seriously it does seem that there is more variance between players with the same swing speed with the green sticks, which makes sense because its the furthest out of the normal range of weight you’re used to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gonna agree with both@revkev and @KennyB on what they said. We have all been encouraged by Daisy to swing as fast as we can with all the sticks and that's the way to maximize results. I'm also one of the testers that had a hard time getting along with the lightest stick. I honestly hate it because I think I should be faster with it than I am. We just don't see eye to eye, and the stick seems to be winning the argument. What I can't disagree with are the results, they work even if you have one that's not doing what you expect.

Welcome to the forum, we always welcome new members providing feedback. Please keep us up to date on how you're doing and good luck!

2 hours ago, nevets77 said:

My last week of level one almost complete and I'm excited to start level two.   Not so excited to have 20 weeks of kneeling swings ...😕

Make sure you have a good firm cushion.  SSG sent us theirs, and I was glad they did.  Should be soft enough that your knees don't hurt, but firm enough that your knees don't reach through to the ground.

I am going to replace irons and wedges this year and may also upgrade my fairway woods, and arranged a fitting at a local unaffiliated fitting shop. During the course of the experience I mentioned that I had tried SS last summer, but when I got to the course I was spraying shots all over the place and could no longer hit my fade, so I stopped using the SS and deliberately slowed down my swing to get control back. Before I could finish the fitter jumped in and really trashed the SS as causing nothing but erratic shots for those who used them. Since I wanted to get on his Trackman and get some analysis I shut up about it.

With a range of different weight shafts my 6 iron club head speed ranged from about 66 to 68 mph. Dispersion with the second lightest club which also had the best distance, was no more than 10 yards left and right of centre.

The part of the story the fitter didn’t hear was I was another Trackman the last week of December and my 6 iron club head speed ranged from an average of 60 to 62 mph. On December 29 I started the SS Level 1 protocol again, and 8 weeks later had just graduated to the Level 2 protocol. The fitting was the very next day. From 62 to 68 mph represents an 8.8% increase in club head speed in just 8 weeks.

The other thing I had started doing at the same time was working the Performance Golf Zone “Fix My Slice” training. The dispersion pattern of + or - 10 yards from the centre line puts all of the shots in the fairway. I thank the PGZ training for that.

The fitter had virtually no large scale data to support the clubs he had available (CGX, Miura, PGX) and was trying to fit this old man into were in anyway superior to the Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetals that I am leaning towards. Given his expressed biases I will be getting my irons fitting done elsewhere. I made the appointment with another independent golf equipment retailer for this Thursday, and I will see what they think of the Mizunos and the other irons (Cobra, Ping and TM) I am interested in checking out.

The data will tell the story.