cksurfdude

Stability putter shafts - hot or not?

On 3/30/2019 at 11:33 AM, cksurfdude said:

That ShotMaker looks interesting but their website doesn't seem to work too well - keep getting the same homepage no matter which other page I try to go to....

Their website does seem to be messed up right now. I tried both the link I posted and in another browser tab. It was fine the other day when I made the post above. They'll probably fix it eventually I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Ultimately, it will take a number of rounds for me to see if it has actually helped so I'll toss up some numbers once I get more miles on this setup!

Yeah, that's really it - will your putting stats generally trend better from here; ie. will the shaft "stand the rest of time"? Thx for the updates!

• Like 1

I think further use of the putter will be more revealing.  Putting can vary day to day with any putter at any level.

• Like 2

I have a few rounds under my belt with the setup now and had 29 putts yesterday, which is the best I've done so far since making the switch. Since I had the BGT shaft installed, the additional weight has been an adjustment, but I was rolling it pretty well yesterday and I feel much more comfortable with my souped up Bat Attack now. My practice schedule has been kind of jacked up with the wife back on the mainland working, but once she's back I'm going to carve out more practice time. What I do know for sure, is I absolutely love the feel of the putter and I'm happy with the upgrade. And like I said before, it's going to take a number of rounds before I have some good data to compare to my pre-upgrade numbers. But all in all I'm happy with it, so I suppose that's all that matters anyway!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think a lot of people don't like to believe in putter tech because they feel like they have more control over the result. People will often blame themselves for their putting, but blame the driver when they hit it OB.

That was more than 2¢ worth of ideas and comments! Some good thoughts in there, thx.

It is a tough thing to evaluate.

But... Just musing "out loud"... Many players will buy a whole new putter if they've got the idea in their head it's going to help them make more putts.

So... What if instead of a whole putter you took a player who has a properly fit putter and swapped in this shaft - into the current head and set to match their fitting specs...?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, newballcoach said:

I think a lot of people don't like to believe in putter tech because they feel like they have more control over the result. People will often blame themselves for their putting, but blame the driver when they hit it OB.

People do seem to have differing thoughts when it comes to putters.   We see get fit for every club in the bag except putter,  that is strictly based on looks, feel, and/or confidence ;  or the putting stroke is too small for technology to help; or    X professional doesn't use putter tech so it doesn't matter.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

People do seem to have differing thoughts when it comes to putters.   We see get fit for every club in the bag except putter,  that is strictly based on looks, feel, and/or confidence ;  or the putting stroke is too small for technology to help; or    X professional doesn't use putter tech so it doesn't matter.    

Which is crazy considering we all use our putters for about 1/3 of our shots. Getting fit can be a game changer and is also eye opening!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

about 1/3 of our shots

Nah..... Only about 1/2 for me... 😄😆🤣😄😆🤣😄😆🤣😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Ain't that the truth!!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cnosil said:

X professional doesn't use putter tech so it doesn't matter.

Yeah that is so much it! "Oh well no pro is using __(whatever)_ so why should I??"

But not considering at all that the pro they're referencing has been sinking putts since he/she was 3 y.o. and could barely walk straight.... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Yeah that is so much it! "Oh well no pro is using __(whatever)_ so why should I??"

But not considering at all that the pro they're referencing has been sinking putts since he/she was 3 y.o. and could barely walk straight.... 

A pro will practice with a putter until they are good with the putter.  That fact has no bearing on the fact that the putter that player is using may not be the best putter for their stroke.   Other pros will continue to change putters hoping to find a magic stick.