RickyBobby_PR

Miura The Perfect Club

24 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

Smartass 🤣🤣🤣

Damn right lol

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I think what Hat is commenting on is that there is actually an image of a LEFTY club emoji16.png

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Oh I know but he nailed it I can't help myself but be a smarta$$

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I hope this guy had the sense to have a complete set of Irons made for himself while at the factory.   I built a set of Miura Giken CB-2007 Irons a few years ago and although they look fantastic they were a harder feel than my Mizunos and not as forgiving as they appeared.  I sold them to a friend after 6 rounds and moved to the OnOff Kuro ( forged by Endo ) and they are soft as butter and extremely forgiving.  My buddy absolutely loves the Miura CB 2007 so all is well that ends well.

I see getting another set of Miura Irons some day 

onoff bag.jpg

Edited by Tzoid08
changed entry
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Tzoid08 said:

onoff bag.jpg

That is one hell of a beautiful bag! 

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, Angry Yeti said:

Went for shears, came back with a car payment 😉 

THESE ARE THE EXACT ONES I THINK!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Am I the only MGS who has never heard of Miura golf clubs before this thread? 

probably not but they are out of most peoples price range so it's no shock.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, Tzoid08 said:

onoff bag.jpg

I love the movement of weight within the cavity on those onoffs. So clever! 

I game miura's (PP9003 straight necks, recently redesigned as the CB-301, and I would say a very similar look at address as the onoffs).

They are an excellent head which doesn't even feel like you hit the ball when you strike the sweet spot. Like with every club - it's the indian not the arrow. 

454477503_onoffbag.thumb.jpg.ffb6221a3ea6012b66a544cdb92d51cf.jpg

I’ve never tried the on offs before. How do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The 2015 OnOff Kuro Irons are the best Irons I've ever played.  I actually picked up a "Like New" 6-PW Set from a guy on eBay recently with Graphite ( I'll Re-shaft most likely ) for $ 437.50 🙂 .   They are very forgiving yet look like a players club at address with minimal offset.  The Endo forging is incredibly soft S20 Carbon steel and the finish is amazing.  I have 3 friends that immediately bought a set after they looked at mine . The 2017 version didn't appeal to me as much so I was hoping the 2019 Kuro would be similar to the 2015 but a member over at WRX that lives in Japan tells me they are going more GI so that may not work for me.  OnOff is typically on a 2 year cycle for the Kuro line. 

Here is a great review

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/onoff-2015-kuro-forged-irons-review/

Edited by Tzoid08
  • Like 1

The Tungsten in the 4-7 Iron make them extremely forgiving.   These are the clubs that broke my 15 year love affair with Mizuno 🙂 

5 Iron.jpg

• Like 1

That was great! If I could afford them, I would definitely buy them. But I can't, so............ I'll just dream!
On a different but same level, I use Japanese chisels, hand saws and plane irons for the same reason..... quality!

Not to thread jack, but I guess I am.....

Do you like the Japanese saws and cutting on the pull stroke instead of the push stroke?

I’ve been intrigued by them but have never owned any.

And back on topic, Miura’s are beautiful clubs. Although I prefer my Kyoei forged KZG’s over the Miura wedges I had for feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Very interesting video.. A true artist!

Starting at 6:06, what he said about the sweet spot on irons is very interesting.. Look forward to test this..

• Like 1

I think the sweet spot on blades is more towards the heel because of the hosel weight. That is part of the reason why Wilson does a bore-through hosel from what I understand—to remove weight from the hosel.

With more forgiving cavity backs and players cavities the sweet spot can be positioned in the center of the face.

Someone once told me that because  better players who play blades typically swing from inside out on the downswing, that a heel-biased sweet spot is more easily accommodated. I don't know though.

2 hours ago, chemclub said:

I think the sweet spot on blades is more towards the heel because of the hosel weight. That is part of the reason why Wilson does a bore-through hosel from what I understand—to remove weight from the hosel.

With more forgiving cavity backs and players cavities the sweet spot can be positioned in the center of the face.

Someone once told me that because  better players who play blades typically swing from inside out on the downswing, that a heel-biased sweet spot is more easily accommodated. I don't know though.

You are correct.

• Like 1

Really like the adventures in golf series with Eric, really cool to get a peak behind the process for the clubs. 

I've had folks from my club try my Miura's out and a few went out to get some sets. Pretty solid clubs, and with the amount of money you really should get fit- especially if you don't already know your specs.

They really know how to hide offset and make a club seem bigger or smaller than it really is. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 12:40 PM, deejaid said:

Not to thread jack, but I guess I am.....

Do you like the Japanese saws and cutting on the pull stroke instead of the push stroke?

I’ve been intrigued by them but have never owned any.

And back on topic, Miura’s are beautiful clubs. Although I prefer my Kyoei forged KZG’s over the Miura wedges I had for feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the Japanese saws for cutting dovetails. You can use two fingers to just pull the saw through the cut. I prefer a push stroke for cutting most anything else.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, Fireinthehole said:

Really like the adventures in golf series with Eric, really cool to get a peak behind the process for the clubs. 

I've had folks from my club try my Miura's out and a few went out to get some sets. Pretty solid clubs, and with the amount of money you really should get fit- especially if you don't already know your specs.

They really know how to hide offset and make a club seem bigger or smaller than it really is. 

Those CB 57's are absolute stunners! I was close to getting them but I preferred the look of the PP9003SN at address - something about the high toe just spoke to me.

Noticed you made nice bag choice too!

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 10:14 AM, Mpicurien said:

Very interesting video.. A true artist!

Starting at 6:06, what he said about the sweet spot on irons is very interesting.. Look forward to test this..

Like the clubs you play in your signature. Glad to see someone on here besides DJ and myself playing KZG. Even though I am a little different from him I do not like soft wedges so I carry Cleveland wedges instead of KZG

On 2/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, BIG STU said:

Like the clubs you play in your signature. Glad to see someone on here besides DJ and myself playing KZG. Even though I am a little different from him I do not like soft wedges so I carry Cleveland wedges instead of KZG

I just love the feel of my KZG .. never felt this with any clubs yet, but I sure would like to test those Miura clubs 👌🏼