GolfSpy MPR

Maxfli Tour and Tour X: TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

Members of the MyGolfSpy forums tend to focus on performance and data rather than hype and branding. Perhaps no piece of equipment has demonstrated that more than the ball. MyGolfSpy testing has shown that balls with no Tour presence sometimes perform every bit as well as brands with well-compensated sponsored players.

maxfli.jpg

In the 2019 Most Wanted testing, the Maxfli Tour and Tour X golf balls performed very well, being rated as the equal of balls costing far more. Now it's time for a dozen MGS Forum members to test this ball for themselves, to see if this will be the ball for them!

Testing the Maxfli Tour will be:

Testing the Maxfli Tour X will be:

Join me in congratulating the chosen testers!

• Like 7

Super excited! Haven't played a Maxfli ball since the original Revolution came out way back in the day. 

• Like 2

Congratulations everyone! I am looking forward to seeing how the Maxfli's perform for each of you, and to hear the golf history of the first time reviewers I see here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

I've always liked the name "Maxfli" and this will be a fun review.  Thanks MGS staff for including me!

• Like 4

I think many are going to be pleasantly surprised by this ball.  Had a trial sleeve earlier this month and I would say it was very impressive.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This will be my first time using any Maxfli ball. Excited to see how they match up. Thanks MGS for the opportunity.

• Like 3

Congrats everyone! I’ve been gaming these most of the summer. Used to play old MaxFli’s in the late 90’s. Looking forward to your reviews.

• Like 3

Congratulations all. Interesting to see how you all find the ball.

• Like 2

Congrats to the testers!! I’m looking forward to your reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Congratulations everybody! I remember when the Maxfli HT Balata was the best ball going - Greg Norman, Freddie Couples and even Jack Nicklaus played them. Looking forward to hearing the reviews

• Like 1

Congratulations everybody! I remember when the Maxfli HT Balata was the best ball going - Greg Norman, Freddie Couples and even Jack Nicklaus played them. Looking forward to hearing the reviews

I remember it too although I usually played Ram Tour balls at that time. Watson was 5’9” 165, I was 5’9” 165, Watson hit high draws, I hit high draws, for some reason it made sense to me to use the same equipment (even though I was a huge Jack fan).

Thanks MGS for letting me in on this one. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Congrats testers! Excited to hear what you find!

• Like 1

I am very excited. I think the last time I played any Maxfli was back in the wound ball day. That would have been sometime in the early 70s when the brand I most often played was "found".

This will be fun and enlightening!

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 1

Never played a Maxfli ball. Found a few here and there but never put one in play. Very interested in the tech behind these.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have played a Maxfli balls off and on for many years. I have a Dunlop/Maxfli gift box that my Mom gave my Grandfather way back in the 1950’s. It originally held 6 cellophane wrapped balls. I discovered the box when my Mom passed 10 years ago. I keep special golf items in it.

IMG_0693-dsqz.jpg

I am thrilled to test and review the new Maxfli Tour CG ball.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Callaway Rogue Driver(10.5*) w/Oban Isawa; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Tommy Armour Impact #3 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 4

Funny I hadn't even heard of this version of the Maxfli coming out until I saw it on MGS.  🙂

• Like 2