Tsecor

Iron Shaft recommendation

Our Sponsors

As my swing speed starts to slow down and i do not swing it with as much torque as I used to, what would be a good lighter shaft to look at? My current shaft is a DG S400 TI. I like the stability of it, but i think id like a lighter shaft that is just as stable and not whippy. Any thoughts?  Im going to move from a 712 CB to the T100-S or Z785 irons this spring 

Impossible for anyone to recommend a shaft that will fit you properly.

However, if you are looking for a great feeling iron shaft that is much smoother than the S400, check out something made by nippon.  Tons of weight options and they tend to make some of the smoothest feeling steel shafts in the business.  I believe the Modus 120 is sock in the Srixon 785s.

I would definitely take a look at the Steelfiber shafts. Plenty of stability and feel is awesome. 

53 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Impossible for anyone to recommend a shaft that will fit you properly.

However, if you are looking for a great feeling iron shaft that is much smoother than the S400, check out something made by nippon.  Tons of weight options and they tend to make some of the smoothest feeling steel shafts in the business.  I believe the Modus 120 is sock in the Srixon 785s.

This x100. 

Again on the fitting train, but makes such a world of difference.  From my experience.  Nippon Modus is among the smoothest/stable and great feel of shaft I've ever tried.  My numbers were not as good with them or else they'd be in the bag because the feel was certainly better.  Project X rifle shaft is a very stable shaft as well, but always felt they had some heft to them and a bit "boardy".

Dynamic Gold will give you the stability, but tend to lack some of the feel in my opinion.  Lastly the C Taper lite shafts could be a nice option you since you want something lighter.

I love the C taper Lite shafts from KBS. I will say that during a fitting I was getting my best smash factor with the Nippon shafts though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app