Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wilson Staff C300 Forged in the Bag?!?!

I was fit into Cobra Speedzones with Modus 130 x by a top 100 fitter in my area in November of 2020. I was pummeling those clubs, but if I would pull one, it would be a really low spinning, running hook that would go 20 yards longer in the long irons than my target number. That miss was happening too often.

I went back for an equipment evaluation and bent the speedzones flat to try to get rid of the big left miss, that helped, but only to a degree. I then started trying other equipment and found that tip stiff and butt soft shafts with less offset heads were helping me avoid the big hook. I was agreeing with KBS tour 105 (stiff) and went to eBay to see if I could retrofit my cobras when, quite fortuitously, I came across a set of Wilson’s on fleabay with the KBS 105S.

I bought Wilson C300 Forged in gunmetal for a song, and was planning on pulling the KBS 105S, and putting TT DG S300 into them to flip them for what I got them for, but then they came... and I tried them on Skytrak... and they were magical... MAGICAL!

The Wilson’s are 5.5 degrees of loft weaker in the 7i, or a club and a half. I carried the Wilson’s to the same number. I carried them with more spin, more ball speed, less right to left, and with more stopping power into a green. I don’t know if it’s because I’m hitting less of a “glancing blow”, or the more energetic shaft, or if I am getting the benefit of more spin or what, but they are straighter, longer, and stoppier than the mega game improvement irons I was playing. I guess that’s game improved!

Turns out the cobras with Modus 130x are going on eBay, if you’re a big time ripper, but your miss is left to right, those Cobras may be just what you need. If on the other hand you are a bit flat, bit in to out, have a bit of a middling swing speed, and you fight the lefts, Wilson Staff is making some phenomenal stuff right now! 

im starting my campaign now to test the Wilson CBs that just dropped on the Wilson site!

1B303436-77BF-4148-A0E0-DA7D343A0E03.jpeg.1a1552f04897d52478e666fa15aebe3e.jpeg

Edited by Grit Golf

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

I tested the C300 forged and thought they were great clubs;  as well as most of the wilson lineup.  Their irons are top notch and I would definitely put them in the bag.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ve got the c300 forged in 3-5 irons and I love them! Nice solid sound at impact and very easy to get in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Like @cnosil said, those clubs were very highly rated by the reviewers here. Great sticks!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

They did score high on the testing marks from what I remember... I'm holding out hope that I can somehow eek my way into being a tester for the Callaway Epic Pro's when they get offered. 🤣

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!