Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Dick's Sporting Goods relaunches Demo Program

Berg Ryman

18 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well, I remember saying in the Dollar Driver Review thread that there was a place for a demo program in golf, and apparently Dick's Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy agree, as they've relaunched a demo program. You can see the selection or clubs here but the cliff notes are as follows.

Brands: Callaway, Cobra, TaylorMade, Titleist, and Ping

Options: Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Irons

Cost: $25 for woods/FW/Hybrid, $50 for Irons, $40 dollar for two club pack

Time: Up to 2 weeks, if you don't return you get charged full retail price.

Going to be interesting to see how this works for the company. I'm sure they wouldn't do it if they didn't think it would be profitable in some way.

WOW! that is good news for those unsure about the clubs they want to get!

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

I would be very careful @ Dick's trying to return a club after hitting it. I was told at my local Dick's that it's up to each individual store manager regarding returns. I pulled up their corporate policy while in the store and had a heated discussion with the dept head. They finally agreed that I was correct and provided me with a refund. This was on a TM Stealth Driver that I had it 6 to 8 times.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I had the same experience at Dicks, wanted to return a cleveland wedge after some practice with it. One store said no, the next town over, they took a hard look at it and said yes.

I understand their position. When you buy a new club, you expect it to be in perfect condition.

That's the beauty of this and may demo programs. Try it, before you buy it.

DSG and GG have a good policy on used clubs. You can return them within a week, no questions asked.

Edited by NC Golfer

12 hours ago, NC Golfer said:

I had the same experience at Dicks, wanted to return a cleveland wedge after some practice with it. One store said no, the next town over, they took a hard look at it and said yes.

I understand their position. When you buy a new club, you expect it to be in perfect condition.

That's the beauty of this and may demo programs. Try it, before you buy it.

DSG and GG have a good policy on used clubs. You can return them within a week, no questions asked.

I'm excited for this demo program; I imagine it'll be more convenient for some compared to programs like Global Golf's, which I have taken advantage of in the past. 

As for returns, it's not just used clubs that they will balk at. I bought a TM Spider putter and then changed my mind. Returned it STILL IN THE SHRINK-WRAP and it took 3 employees to inspect it and finally decide they would allow me to return it... 

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

If they balk a returns in a demo program where the customer pays, the demo program is DOA. I’m guessing they are smarter than that. As always, read the fine print.

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

On 8/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, NC Golfer said:

Thanks, for sharing! This is a win-win for everyone. GG doesn't get hurt. They can sell demo's at a decent price. Considering the price of clubs. This is a small investment to check things out, including a shaft. 

My guess is they aren't going to have a variety of shafts available.  You will probably only be able to pick between the standard stock offerings that are usually in-stock.  For Cobra that usually means a choice of 2 or 3 or for Ping, you're getting an Alta wood shaft or AWT wedge shafts.  

I'll be shocked if any of them let you custom order a product to demo, even if you're working within the no charge upgrades..  

Also get if you have a shaft in one of those heads and then can test. The ls TD is calling my name to be tested in my Ventus black. I heard that head is really good on toe side strokes which is my miss currently 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review